The appointment of Nicole Farley and Elliot Whitely is another step towards a more diverse coaching staff at West Ham

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: The appointment of Nicole Farley and Elliot Whitely is another step towards a more diverse coaching staff at West Ha

Post by Flairon »

What the fuck has their colour got to do with anything?
Flairon

Newmarket

Re: The appointment of Nicole Farley and Elliot Whitely is another step towards a more diverse coaching staff at West Ha

Post by Newmarket »

Flairon wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:54 am What the fuck has their colour got to do with anything?
Exactly
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:54 am What the fuck has their colour got to do with anything?
Exactly, so why is it an issue when the cast of a series or advert are all white ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:51 am
Exactly, so why is it an issue when the cast of a series or advert are all white ?
goodpost:)
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Is anybody making a fuss about it ? I would say it would depend on the program, would it not.? If the cast of, say, Eastenders were all white it would not be authentic given the setting of that particular show, however if the cast of something like Doc Martin were all white it shouldn't cause any eyebrows to be raised.

Or am I missing something ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

This is really the underlying point here.

Absolutely fuck all.

So why make an announcement talking about their race, gender and background?

The headline should be.

West Ham appoint two new coaches.

Nothing more, nothing less. Appointments based on ability and fit for the role. Get on with it and good luck.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:58 am

Is anybody making a fuss about it ? I would say it would depend on the program, would it not.? If the cast of, say, Eastenders were all white it would not be authentic given the setting of that particular show, however if the cast of something like Doc Martin were all white it shouldn't cause any eyebrows to be raised.

I agree with you.

If you are making a drama in a certain area,it`should be based on that with the characters.Like you say Eastenders should have all races/ethnics on it.Where are the Eastern Europeans in these soaps?

One thing I found totally ridiculous was the period drama,that had a black Anne Boleyn in?....WHY?

palerider

Post by palerider »

only1salty wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:25 am
This is really the underlying point here.

Absolutely fuck all.

So why make an announcement talking about their race, gender and background?

The headline should be.

West Ham appoint two new coaches.

Nothing more, nothing less. Appointments based on ability and fit for the role. Get on with it and good luck.
Exactly.

h69

Post by h69 »

Yes you are missing something and yes they are making a fuss about it. Recently on that SAS Survival show, there were 5 trainers all white. They had to replace one with a black guy because they had complaints that it was racist.

Replacing people as judges in a show because of the need for diversity is box ticking and nothing more. Choosing a black Anne Boleyn is box ticking, its not even authentic. Advertising for only BAME trainees for the BBC One Show and Springwatch is box ticking.

How about just choosing the best people based on ability.
Last edited by h69 on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:27 am

I agree with you.

If you are making a drama in a certain area,it`should be based on that with the characters.Like you say Eastenders should have all races/ethnics on it.Where are the Eastern Europeans in these soaps?

One thing I found totally ridiculous was the period drama,that had a black Anne Boleyn in?....WHY?
Coz they’re cunts
COYI!!!