RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: RICE

Post by hd1 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:47 pm :lol: :lol:

Nosher... :oops:
Quality response :lol:

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

hd1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:33 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:47 pm :lol: :lol:

Nosher... :oops:
Quality response :lol:
I thought so too.... :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:57 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:34 pmFutile trying to build a team around a player who will obviously outgrow the club sooner rather than later. Let's be honest West Ham isn't a big enough, or ambitious enough, club to hold onto players of Rice's exceptional ability.

Sad but true.
As it is with all but the biggest clubs in the world. The key though is that when you sell your best players you recruit well - think Dortmund, and there in lies the problem. Will we ever get anywhere near the success they have had? (I wonder how many answers will be "not while the vermin are still here" Zzzzzzz
I've supported the club for 50 years give or take and during that time we've had some bloody good players on the books. A bit before my supporting years we even had three world cup winners FFS. Our youth teams, back in the day, were very decent and produced the likes of Rio Ferdinand and Frank Lampard. We even won the FAYC a few times. But these days even the FAYC seems out of reach. Occasionally we produce a player like Diangana who is actually good enough to feature in a handful of PL games for us. Or , even more rarely, a player of genuine class like Declan Rice.

Ask yourself this. John Terry decided many years ago his career would be better served by going to Chelsea than staying at West Ham. Fast forward 25 years or so and Declan Rice, having been discarded by Chelsea as a youngster, now wants to go back to advance his career.

There is a reason why people take those decisions and, at least imo, they're not always connected with money. Read my first paragraph and it might give an indication. West Ham has always been, and probably always will be, seen as an irrelevant poor relation to London's big boys. Arsenal and Spurs were always the capital's top dogs when I started watching the game. Chelsea were around our level. Although they had won the league once they were, like us, a bit of a yo yo club, up and down like the tart's knickers, and never really doing much apart from the odd season.

So all that's changed over the 50 years or so I've been a supporter is that we've slipped from arguing who is 3rd biggest London club to sitting in 4th place. Comfortably above the rest but now with 3 bigger and more important rivals ahead of us.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Why are you all so worried ? You still have your lover boy on , how much is it £40 grand or so a week ? so stop wetting your pants !!! Just accept we will go down.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Shortshanks wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:50 pm Why are you all so worried ? You still have your lover boy on , how much is it £40 grand or so a week ? so stop wetting your pants !!! Just accept we will go down.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:32 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:16 pm Well that's an interesting interpretation of what happened in June. Let's remind ourselves shall we,West Ham through media outlets, announced
that the price for Declan Rice was 100 million sterling.

Now, that sounds very much like 'peddling' something to the market to me...
It was March, and it was Moyes responding to a question from the press when he said he didn't agree with the owners view that Rice was worth £100m, he felt he was worth more.

That doesn't sound anything like peddling to me
Your struggling with this I can see. Not a problem - let's see if we can help you out with it.Think of it as the teachable moment. And let's take your version of the chronology to make things more comfortable.

Now the owner David Sullivan, he likes to peddle stuff. Has for years,I'm sure you've noticed. So in February he tells Jim White (talkSPORT) that Declan Rice is worth in excess of £100M. He told Jim White to get his message broadcast. Then in March he gets David Moyes to tell a jounalist the same message.

When we lay it out like that, it becomes simpler doesn't it. The peddling originated firstly by DS and then continued a week later by Moyes.

So the bit your not understanding here, is when you write "It was March, and it was Moyes responding to a question from the press when he said he didn't agree with the owners view that Rice was worth £100m, he felt he was worth more"

Because there was no reason for Moyes to make that correction of what he thought the owner said, because talkSPORT had already quoted the owner
as claiming 'Rice is worth in excess of £100M' .

Message being: We are peddling Declan Rice for £100M+. And just to make sure everyone hears it, we are going to broadcast it twice.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:10 am
hd1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:32 pm

It was March, and it was Moyes responding to a question from the press when he said he didn't agree with the owners view that Rice was worth £100m, he felt he was worth more.

That doesn't sound anything like peddling to me
Your struggling with this I can see. Not a problem - let's see if we can help you out with it.Think of it as the teachable moment. And let's take your version of the chronology to make things more comfortable.

Now the owner David Sullivan, he likes to peddle stuff. Has for years,I'm sure you've noticed. So in February he tells Jim White (talkSPORT) that Declan Rice is worth in excess of £100M. He told Jim White to get his message broadcast. Then in March he gets David Moyes to tell a jounalist the same message.

When we lay it out like that, it becomes simpler doesn't it. The peddling originated firstly by DS and then continued a week later by Moyes.

So the bit your not understanding here, is when you write "It was March, and it was Moyes responding to a question from the press when he said he didn't agree with the owners view that Rice was worth £100m, he felt he was worth more"

Because there was no reason for Moyes to make that correction of what he thought the owner said, because talkSPORT had already quoted the owner
as claiming 'Rice is worth in excess of £100M' .

Message being: We are peddling Declan Rice for £100M+. And just to make sure everyone hears it, we are going to broadcast it twice.
If anyone, including David Moyes, the dwarf, Jim White or fucking Santa Claus thinks we will get anything close to £100 million for Declan Rice they should lock themselves in a quiet room and have a serious talk to themselves. And themselves is probably the only person who would bother listening. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Apparently Roman has sanctioned the spunking out of over 100 million on either Haaland or Lukaku.

FFP will prevent him going for Declan as well.

:lol: :lol:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:10 am Your struggling with this I can see.
Not struggling at all, just not blinded by total hatred or making assumptions based upon that

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:13 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:10 am Your struggling with this I can see.
Not struggling at all, just not blinded by total hatred or making assumptions based upon that
Where did I bring any hate speech into this. Or make any assumptions based on prejudice. I simply corrected your narrative given the information that is known and freely available for scrutiny in the public domain.

Your issue,if we can call it that, is arguing intent. You believe DS was not peddling Rice back in February. I believe by speaking to talkSPORT via Jim White at that time, demonstrates he was and is.