RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: RICE

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:56 am

I'm led to believe Moyes is resigned to losing him but is hoping he will stay for this season and leave next summer.

I've also learned that West Ham United are the only club in European football whose finances have been affected by Covid. :lol: :lol: :lol:
But it's true. Case numbers in Stratford are 50 times the national average.

Rice is a classic Catch 22 situation.

Pay him what he wants then there'll be fuck all to spend on transfers. Which is also what he wants so he won't sign anyway.

IF he goes, put feelers out now but with the condition it's 85 million or he stays. Another year at the ILS won't depreciate his worth that much anyway and in that time with a bit of luck the dwarf may have had a very nasty accident.

I'm getting a hard on just thinking about it.
Think you’re right about the devaluation. Rice will be in the World Cup squad next year so will still be worth a shit ton of money
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:21 am
palerider wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 am
But it's true. Case numbers in Stratford are 50 times the national average.

Rice is a classic Catch 22 situation.

Pay him what he wants then there'll be fuck all to spend on transfers. Which is also what he wants so he won't sign anyway.

IF he goes, put feelers out now but with the condition it's 85 million or he stays. Another year at the ILS won't depreciate his worth that much anyway and in that time with a bit of luck the dwarf may have had a very nasty accident.

I'm getting a hard on just thinking about it.
Think you’re right about the devaluation. Rice will be in the World Cup squad next year so will still be worth a shit ton of money
He's also not like the fat frog or Arnie.

He's pushing for the move but won't down tools if it doesn't happen.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:36 am
JayK wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:21 am

Yep. Which makes it that much harder to let him go coz we won’t have anger to fuel us ffs
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:46 am
palerider wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:36 am

Yep. Which makes it that much harder to let him go coz we won’t have anger to fuel us ffs
Bottom line, I agree with Gonzo.

We'll get a player plus a lot of money and I don't want Barkley. Opinion is divided on Abraham but he does know where the net is. Replacing Rice is the problem and what the vermin shyster filth do with that money which fills me with zero optimism. We can all do our permutations about who we'll get but that's just doing the thing in reverse by assuming another club would be willing to sell. And more to the point, knowing we have money to spend.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:57 am
JayK wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:46 am

Bottom line, I agree with Gonzo.

We'll get a player plus a lot of money and I don't want Barkley. Opinion is divided on Abraham but he does know where the net is. Replacing Rice is the problem and what the vermin shyster filth do with that money which fills me with zero optimism. We can all do our permutations about who we'll get but that's just doing the thing in reverse by assuming another club would be willing to sell. And more to the point, knowing we have money to spend.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they saw Connor Coventry as the next new and exciting Declan Rice tbh and save their money.
Heaven forbid we get Barkley. He was a great prospect as a kid believed all the hype about him and he just hasn’t moved on from that. I think you and I both know we ain’t buying anything until Rice is sold.

And just think, if our club really is that broke, unlike all or most of the others it seems, I’d say it’s partly because of the interest payments we’re making to our beloved vermin owners. Catch 22 right there. They need to drop the interest to zero and stop using us as a cash cow
COYI!!!

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Exactly what someone else said. We could get absolute top dollar for Rice and they'd still be looking at the bargain basement rather than the top shelf for a replacement. I can see the conversation now:

DM: How much did we get for Rice boss?
DS: £100M Dave
DM: Great, can I approach Leeds for Phillips then?
DS: LOL! No. But I really like the look of that Jairo Riedewald from Palace though...
DM: Really? But he's utter dogshit boss
DS: I know, but since Lundstram went to Rangers he's our best option out there. Go get him son!
DM: Ummmm...
DS: And while you're at it, go and find an ageing, injury prone and goal shy AM with no value but a large weekly wage that we can "convert" in to a striker... You know, like that Braithwaite fella
DM: Ummmm...
DS: You know it makes sense, luverlly jubbly, off you go son, bonjour!
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I am resigned to the fact that Rice wants out , obviously he wants the best career he can possibly have and I will admit he will not get that at West Ham . If we can get the best deal possible for him ( £60m plus and not Barkley , though I would take Abrahams ) I really do not see it as a problem , as long as Moyes gets the finances on top of the transfer budget he already has to build on last season . So their really shouldn't be any problem getting the likes of Pereira - a DM ( Koopmeiners ) - a CB ( Kiki Kouyate ) - a LB ( Simone Bastoni ) - a Keeper ( Areola on loan with the option to buy ) , and a backup CM ( Pape Sarr ) with maybe enough to get another attacking player ( Hlozek ) . Can it be that simple ? .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:43 pm I am resigned to the fact that Rice wants out , obviously he wants the best career he can possibly have and I will admit he will not get that at West Ham . If we can get the best deal possible for him ( £60m plus and not Barkley , though I would take Abrahams ) I really do not see it as a problem , as long as Moyes gets the finances on top of the transfer budget he already has to build on last season . So their really shouldn't be any problem getting the likes of Pereira - a DM ( Koopmeiners ) - a CB ( Kiki Kouyate ) - a LB ( Simone Bastoni ) - a Keeper ( Areola on loan with the option to buy ) , and a backup CM ( Pape Sarr ) with maybe enough to get another attacking player ( Hlozek ) . Can it be that simple ? .
Not when your dealing with fucking agents no

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:46 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:43 pm I am resigned to the fact that Rice wants out , obviously he wants the best career he can possibly have and I will admit he will not get that at West Ham . If we can get the best deal possible for him ( £60m plus and not Barkley , though I would take Abrahams ) I really do not see it as a problem , as long as Moyes gets the finances on top of the transfer budget he already has to build on last season . So their really shouldn't be any problem getting the likes of Pereira - a DM ( Koopmeiners ) - a CB ( Kiki Kouyate ) - a LB ( Simone Bastoni ) - a Keeper ( Areola on loan with the option to buy ) , and a backup CM ( Pape Sarr ) with maybe enough to get another attacking player ( Hlozek ) . Can it be that simple ? .
Not when your dealing with fucking agents no
The fact our owners will try and only deal with agents they know doesn't help , and any they don't know they appear to try and screw over is the problem . And to top it off we have the renowned ditherer in Moyes at the helm .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

What a pathetic way to run a club. Instead of building a team around Declan, they can't wait to offload the kid.
They really are fucking vermin of the highest order.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.