RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: RICE

Post by hd1 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:53 pm He is a striker. By and large strikers cost the big bucks. The fees for Haaland and Kane , if they move, will probably be twice as high, at least, as any other fees agreed this window. ,
He is a forward, but more of a winger, not a target man like Kane or Haaland. Now whilst that may be splitting hairs Man Utd will still play Rashford or Cavani down the middle rather than Sancho

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

If I'm Declan Rice and had been told that they wanted to build a team around me and then found out that Jens Stryger Larsen, Martin Braithwaite, Alex-the-infirm-Oxlade-Chamberlain and Phil fucking Jones are the calibre of player they want to "build" with, I'd have written my transfer request already.

I know the window hasn't really got going for anyone just yet but I literally have zero confidence in the clubs ability to sign anyone even remotely half decent judging by the names that are consistently being banded about. Smoke-fire and all that.

Just watch Sullivan gladly accept £40M for Rice on the last day of the window and tell anyone who'll listen how he busted a gut trying to keep him. Hope I'm wrong but fear I may not be.

Think Coufal may fuck off as well, which is a bit of a shitter. Not sure why we're even in negotiations for a player who has only been at the club for a short while but hey, they made their bed. To then basically insult the bloke is right out of the Sullivans guide to football club ownership - a book only marginally thicker at 3 pages than the Tottenham Hotspur's fan book of football knowledge.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Nothing but low life's
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:22 pm If I'm Declan Rice and had been told that they wanted to build a team around me and then found out that Jens Stryger Larsen, Martin Braithwaite, Alex-the-infirm-Oxlade-Chamberlain and Phil fucking Jones are the calibre of player they want to "build" with, I'd have written my transfer request already.

I know the window hasn't really got going for anyone just yet but I literally have zero confidence in the clubs ability to sign anyone even remotely half decent judging by the names that are consistently being banded about. Smoke-fire and all that.

Just watch Sullivan gladly accept £40M for Rice on the last day of the window and tell anyone who'll listen how he busted a gut trying to keep him. Hope I'm wrong but fear I may not be.

Think Coufal may fuck off as well, which is a bit of a shitter. Not sure why we're even in negotiations for a player who has only been at the club for a short while but hey, they made their bed. To then basically insult the bloke is right out of the Sullivans guide to football club ownership - a book only marginally thicker at 3 pages than the Tottenham Hotspur's fan book of football knowledge.
Do you seriously believe any of the transfer rumours, or only the ones that back up your view of G&S?

And what on earth are you going on about regarding Coufal?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:10 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:53 pm He is a striker. By and large strikers cost the big bucks. The fees for Haaland and Kane , if they move, will probably be twice as high, at least, as any other fees agreed this window. ,
He is a forward, but more of a winger, not a target man like Kane or Haaland. Now whilst that may be splitting hairs Man Utd will still play Rashford or Cavani down the middle rather than Sancho
Or Martial orGreenwood. Nice to have a choice. We of course, will launch our adventure(s) with the all round powerhouse that is Michail Antonio or Mickey as David Moyes likes to abbreviate.

If Oko-Flex can keep himself out of jail, then we might have somebody else. Or we could always play a false-nine,that always confuses the opposition I've noticed...doesn't work but does confuse them.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:58 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:22 pm If I'm Declan Rice and had been told that they wanted to build a team around me and then found out that Jens Stryger Larsen, Martin Braithwaite, Alex-the-infirm-Oxlade-Chamberlain and Phil fucking Jones are the calibre of player they want to "build" with, I'd have written my transfer request already.

Do you seriously believe any of the transfer rumours, or only the ones that back up your view of G&S?

And what on earth are you going on about regarding Coufal?
I believe the rumours that Phil Jones, Martin Braithwaite and players of that ilk are turning heads with the LS hierarchy.

Whatever views I have on G&S are irrelevant but if we did end up signing Abraham, Lingard or Pereira, a LB, CB and CM not from a bargain bin somewhere, then I'll hold my hands up and afford them the credit they'll deserve. Until then, I won't be holding my breath.

As for Coufal, just stick his name in Google and scroll down one or two places.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:18 pm I believe the rumours that Phil Jones, Martin Braithwaite and players of that ilk are turning heads with the LS hierarchy.

Whatever views I have on G&S are irrelevant but if we did end up signing Abraham, Lingard or Pereira, a LB, CB and CM not from a bargain bin somewhere, then I'll hold my hands up and afford them the credit they'll deserve. Until then, I won't be holding my breath.

Well I suppose somebody had to believe them :shock:

You genuinely don't understand why we are negotiating a better deal for Coufal after only signing him last season? And how exactly are they insulting him?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:25 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:18 pm I believe the rumours that Phil Jones, Martin Braithwaite and players of that ilk are turning heads with the LS hierarchy.

Well I suppose somebody had to believe them :shock:

You genuinely don't understand why we are negotiating a better deal for Coufal after only signing him last season? And how exactly are they insulting him?
It might have something to do with the yarmalenko's of this world. 100k a week for a handful of games over a three year period. But then again we paid Andy Carroll a king's ransom for virtually fuck all.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:07 pm It might have something to do with the yarmalenko's of this world. 100k a week for a handful of games over a three year period. But then again we paid Andy Carroll a king's ransom for virtually fuck all.
I don't get the relevance to Coufal?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

JayK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:38 pm
hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:10 pm

Obviously they are different types of players, one can set up goals, the other stops them. What's more valuable?

I would say both are equally valuable
The only argument I can think of on that is a goal can win you 3 points or a trophy. A clean sheet can win you 1 point. But need both types in a team. That’s why I compared Rice to Maguire and not Sancho. Easier to compare with regards clean sheets etc
Well if you are comparing...

Maguire went for £85 million and he was 26 years old at the time.

Rice is only 22.

Make of that,what you will.