RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: RICE

Post by h69 »

This thread is funny. The constant panic and 'Read between the lines' speculation regarding Rice is laughable.

Rice will go eventually. So far he has just said no to our iniitial contract extension offer because his stock is high. I would do the same and any agent would be telling him likewise.

If he goes this summer for £100m then we have had a result and not just because Covid has lowered teams budgets. He is not worth £100m. He is a good player but probably worth about 60m imo.

We miss a lot of his deficiencies being biased as West Ham fans and there are some on here who never see him have a bad game and cant see some of his mistakes.

He may go or he may stay but most of the speculation is from YouTube channels desperate to 'create' news so they can provide content and get paid.

JayK

Post by JayK »

h69 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:44 am This thread is funny. The constant panic and 'Read between the lines' speculation regarding Rice is laughable.

Rice will go eventually. So far he has just said no to our iniitial contract extension offer because his stock is high. I would do the same and any agent would be telling him likewise.

If he goes this summer for £100m then we have had a result and not just because Covid has lowered teams budgets. He is not worth £100m. He is a good player but probably worth about 60m imo.

We miss a lot of his deficiencies being biased as West Ham fans and there are some on here who never see him have a bad game and cant see some of his mistakes.

He may go or he may stay but most of the speculation is from YouTube channels desperate to 'create' news so they can provide content and get paid.
Tbh, nobody is worth the money they generally go for, but if Maguire is worth £80mil then Rice is most definitely worth more than £60mil
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:56 am
h69 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:44 am This thread is funny. The constant panic and 'Read between the lines' speculation regarding Rice is laughable.

Tbh, nobody is worth the money they generally go for, but if Maguire is worth £80mil then Rice is most definitely worth more than £60mil
Sancho has just gone for 73 million but a player is worth whatever another club are willing to pay. On the basis that Sancho hardly played in the Euro finals then Rice is worth more. If the little cunt says to Chelsea he wants 100m and Roman says 'Da' then he's worth 100m. If I put a fucking Happy meal toy for sale on Ebay for £100 and someone paid it then it's worth that. :lol:

I just wish they'd get on with it. I'm convinced the dwarf will agree to a fee of around 60m plus someone we don't need from the plastics 5 minutes before the end of the window just so there's no time to spend any of it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Maguire was "worth" £80 million because Man United were desperate to land him and caved in to Leicester's valuation of him. Leicester played their hand well, as they have done on several occasions when bringing players in or selling them at a premium. Clearly someone at Leicester City is very good at the negotiation game. It is a very important skill. Do you believe West Ham's expenditures and receipts from transfer dealings give confidence in a belief there is someone who is as capable as their Leicester counterpart ?

Would any other club have paid as much as £30 million which was apparently what we shelled out for Benrahma ? If we sold him tomorrow would we recoup that fee ? I think we know the answers don't we ?

If Rice wants to go, and makes it known he wants to leave, imo anything over £60 million will be a bonus. Chelsea's need for him is not as obvious as Man United's need for a central defender when they signed Maguire.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:03 am

Sancho has just gone for 73 million but a player is worth whatever another club are willing to pay. On the basis that Sancho hardly played in the Euro finals then Rice is worth more. If the little cunt says to Chelsea he wants 100m and Roman says 'Da' then he's worth 100m. If I put a fucking Happy meal toy for sale on Ebay for £100 and someone paid it then it's worth that. :lol:

I just wish they'd get on with it. I'm convinced the dwarf will agree to a fee of around 60m plus someone we don't need from the plastics 5 minutes before the end of the window just so there's no time to spend any of it.
If someone bought a happy meal toy from you for £100 they need publicly flogging as much as Sullivan :lol:
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:07 am

Maguire was "worth" £80 million because Man United were desperate to land him and caved in to Leicester's valuation of him. Leicester played their hand well, as they have done on several occasions when bringing players in or selling them at a premium. Clearly someone at Leicester City is very good at the negotiation game. It is a very important skill. Do you believe West Ham's expenditures and receipts from transfer dealings give confidence in a belief there is someone who is as capable as their Leicester counterpart ?

Would any other club have paid as much as £30 million which was apparently what we shelled out for Benrahma ? If we sold him tomorrow would we recoup that fee ? I think we know the answers don't we ?

If Rice wants to go, and makes it known he wants to leave, imo anything over £60 million will be a bonus. Chelsea's need for him is not as obvious as Man United's need for a central defender when they signed Maguire.
His need to us is far more however. He wants to be told about any bids and as yet there haven't been any as far as I know, but the plastics are going to test the water very soon. Surely Rice must know the club's position and won't throw his toys out of the pram if the dwarf rejects 60m.

Statler and Waldorf hold all the cards as far as Rice is concerned, except that one fly in the ointment, being that if they don't sell him they haven't got a pot to piss in.

They have of course and this has been argued at length but they're not putting their hands in their own pockets any time soon.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I get your and Pales points completely and no, Sullivan’s skills in the market are clearly that of a very poor market trader in comparison to probably anyone else.
So I’m not saying I’m expecting, I’m just comparing.

If we think back recently to our losses on Anderson and Haller we clearly see our negotiating skills. And remember back when Sullivan said Payet wouldn’t be sold for less than £50mil? He has form
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:19 am

His need to us is far more however. He wants to be told about any bids and as yet there haven't been any as far as I know, but the plastics are going to test the water very soon. Surely Rice must know the club's position and won't throw his toys out of the pram if the dwarf rejects 60m.

Statler and Waldorf hold all the cards as far as Rice is concerned, except that one fly in the ointment, being that if they don't sell him they haven't got a pot to piss in.

They have of course and this has been argued at length but they're not putting their hands in their own pockets any time soon.
I play poker. Arrogantly I think I play it quite well. I would love to play a few hands of 7 card stud against the dwarf.

My point being that having all the cards is no great advantage if you don't play the hand wisely.

On a serious note my understanding from a usually very reliable contact is the same as it was when I first mentioned it about a week ago. Chelsea want to sign Haaland and if they do that is pretty much their spending done. If they can't land Haaland, or Lewandowski who they are sniffing around, they may well make a bid for Rice.

He is a player Tuchel rates highly but they consider their need for a striker to be greater than their need for Rice. And I still think we missed a trick not going for Giroud. Milan paid peanuts for him and imo he's still a top plyer.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

I am a bit disappointed that Rice rejected latest new contract offered but hope he will sign a new improved contract by next year if West Ham stay in top 7 or 8 or do very well in Europa Cup.

Other reason he may reject a contract as he may think that West Ham aren't ambition enough to buy better players and this summer it has been so frustrated of "No News" and boring rumour that goes on and on and it is doing my f&cking head!!! I remembered Moyes want to get players as early as possible and now only 3 weeks before Premier League start and with Ogbonna injured, you know what that season going to be........same as 2006-07, 2016-17, 1986-87.

Not looking forward :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

He is being looked at, by some of the biggest clubs in Europe. Chelsea are European champions. Why the fuck would he extend with us, a two Bob outfit, run by pimps.

Anybody that thinks he will be here for this season, might have to come off the pipe
Covid in the Boardroom