RICE

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: RICE

Post by terrya1965 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:57 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:54 pm

Chelsea won't buy Rice,because at this moment in time,they are not interested in him.

If Kante leaves,that will change.

Rice will stay with us,till that event..His not really interested in going anywhere else.
Maybe Tel, but wouldn't.Rice and Kante playing as a defensive midfield be a formidable pairing?
You'll have ask Tuchel that question?

JayK

Post by JayK »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:57 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:54 pm

Chelsea won't buy Rice,because at this moment in time,they are not interested in him.

If Kante leaves,that will change.

Rice will stay with us,till that event..His not really interested in going anywhere else.
Maybe Tel, but wouldn't.Rice and Kante playing as a defensive midfield be a formidable pairing?
This
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:43 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:36 pm

That's not quire right Tel. Chelsea are interested in taking Rice to Stamford Bridge sooner rather than later but, and it's a big but, Abramovich has sanctioned a massive bid for Haaland and that has taken up basically their whole transfer budget. Kante or no Kante they do want him, and the word from Chelsea is that if he goes anywhere he goes there, so they're not concerned about him ending up anywhere else. And nor should we be at the moment.

If Dortmund tell Chelsea to do one it might become a bit interesting of course.
You don't know that Whiskyman.

Kante is key to this deal,because Rice don't really want to leave London at this moment in time.He may change his mind in time?

In my opinion,he will move to Chelsea for next season unless Kante got a serious injury between now and the end of the January transfer window.
I don't know what's in Declan Rice's head obviously. But I do know that Abramovich has sanctioned a large bid for Haaland. They have also earmarked Lukaku, who won't cost as much, as a target if they can't land the Norwegian. I can also say, with certainty, that Chelsea's recruitment team think that Rice will stay at West Ham if he doesn't join Chelsea this window. Obviously I don't know if that's fact but I 'm assuming someone has got that from Declan's "people".
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:19 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:08 pm That's true but mostly the fee is made up of what is left on the contract and potential. I'd say Jadon Sancho is ahead of Rice based on last season so it's a good watermark.

Chelsea's priority along with City is a striker so if they have any chance of Haaland then that is likely where the budget will go.
The way I see it is that Rice at 22 with 3 years left on his contract, has now had 3 full seasons playing in the Premier League and is well established and respected as one of the best DM's in the league, also recognised by Southgate by picking him as a starter on a regular basis.

Sancho at 21 had a year left on his contract, has no Premier League experience and only plays a bit part in the England team. I appreciate he has played Champions League but it's a very different type of game. He may have potential but Rice is proven at the level.

IMO I don't see how Sancho is ahead of Rice at all.
Those kinds of players go for more money. His England minutes are irrelevant as Grealish hardly played either and I suspect he will go for a lot more than Rice soon.

We shall see. Sanchp was a star in the BL last season so he is a good benchmark.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Has allegedly told the stunted one he will sign a new contract if it includes a release clause.

However West Ham apparently don't do release clauses and besides, a new contract would see the dwarf increase his 62k a week. Which he wouldn't like one little bit.

Now most people would only dream of 62k a week but that's very low for an England star. I wouldn't get out of bed for that either but Declan is cool about the situation and is prepared to tighten his belt for another season and give 100% to the club, but is determined that this is his last season at the ILS.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:07 am Has allegedly told the stunted one he will sign a new contract if it includes a release clause.

However West Ham apparently don't do release clauses and besides, a new contract would see the dwarf increase his 62k a week. Which he wouldn't like one little bit.

Now most people would only dream of 62k a week but that's very low for an England star. I wouldn't get out of bed for that either but Declan is cool about the situation and is prepared to tighten his belt for another season and give 100% to the club, but is determined that this is his last season at the ILS.
His definitely leaving in the Summer.

Good luck to him too.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

he will leave if Moyes gets the £100, plus he thinks he needs to replace him IF his in control of ins and outs

think Rice on his wages could be kept to run down his contract so here for three more seasons NICE :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:30 pm Afternoon, I said when Declan first got into the England squad that he was far from the finished article, but has he now improved enough to keep his place, I fear not, well not in our national teams managers eyes he hasn`t, who showed his hand that he thinks Phillips is now the preferred holder with Henderson, who he will not drop.

I do think Declans range of passing need big improvements, I also believe he should start taking the ball off defenders rather than waiting to be passed to, pro active, make things happen is his next level.

Thoughts
To an extent but I think Henderson will soon be aged out anyway.

Rice is less disciplined than Phillips and probably better going forward than Philips but not quite as good defensively as the Leeds man. Southgate showed that in the Euros as he often took Rice off.

Of course he will likely leave in the summer for more silverware. As for money, his contract clauses give him a pretty high wage compared to most of the rest of the squad but I think he will move to play in the Champions League. Good luck to him

We saw on Saturday that he is not perfect as he had a very poor game....no player is of course perfect but the club was here before him and the club will be here after him.
I dont blame him for wanting to win silverware, it has nothing to do with the owners and more to do with his ambition, whoever was in charge this would likely be the case. Has always happened at West Ham and is natural for a player that wants to get better. I personally hope he goes to Man City. His game would get better there with the players they have.

I would be more worried if he didnt want to go to a top four club and play at the highest level, that would show a lack of ambition and would affect his England chances ( a la Matt Le Tiss).

Would not surprise me if Philips also left in a year or so.

palerider

Post by palerider »

As already stated, he'll be off next summer. I don't wish him good luck or bad luck. It's just the nature of football.

But Statler & Waldorf HAVE to hold out for the 100m or very near to it while hoping Alex Kral turns out to be a decent replacement. Then the proceeds can go towards adding both our new striker and squad additions that won't be bench warmers.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

palerider wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:57 am As already stated, he'll be off next summer. I don't wish him good luck or bad luck. It's just the nature of football.

But Statler & Waldorf HAVE to hold out for the 100m or very near to it while hoping Alex Kral turns out to be a decent replacement. Then the proceeds can go towards adding both our new striker and squad additions that won't be bench warmers.
Exactly this.