Jesse Lingard - Another Moyes cock up

Chat about anything football related here!
User avatar
Newmarket
Posts: 14615
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 10:03 pm
x 707
x 1044

Re: Jesse Lingard - Another Moyes cock up

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:46 pm
Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:20 am


Because none of it is certain to benefit anybody except that Cunt Sullivan .

Its like shagging a big fat ugly bird for no other reason than she’s grateful .

The settle for nothing culture .

No Ambition . Still .
Can't disagree. But I guess my point is that if I, as a supporter of the club, was offered a stark choice between::-
a) Going down the loan route to bolster the squad to ensure safety
OR
b) Don't bring in loan players and soldier on with a weaker squad and face the likelier possibility of relegation.

I would choose option a). Of course it isn't ideal. We all know that. But with the present, unimaginative and downright financially inept boardroom management likely to remain in place for at least another 2 years option a) is likely to be as good as it gets,

Which I agree isn't really very good at all. But that's simply the way it is.
So in the grand scheme of things we kind of agree . Again

But as you pretty much said , doesn’t make it right though

Doesn’t say much for our club does it if we are resigned to finishing 17th or above :roll:
Bring back Jonathon !

User avatar
dorsetdano
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:28 pm
x 18
x 67

Re: Jesse Lingard - Another Moyes cock up

Post by dorsetdano »

Is anyone else fed up with this, last season was not a real season tosh! It was a slightly compressed season with reduced preparation and no fans, that's the end of it! It was still 11 vs 11, played on the same sized pitch under the same rules!

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 13729
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 114
x 747

Re: Jesse Lingard - Another Moyes cock up

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:32 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:46 pm

Can't disagree. But I guess my point is that if I, as a supporter of the club, was offered a stark choice between::-
a) Going down the loan route to bolster the squad to ensure safety
OR
b) Don't bring in loan players and soldier on with a weaker squad and face the likelier possibility of relegation.

I would choose option a). Of course it isn't ideal. We all know that. But with the present, unimaginative and downright financially inept boardroom management likely to remain in place for at least another 2 years option a) is likely to be as good as it gets,

Which I agree isn't really very good at all. But that's simply the way it is.
So in the grand scheme of things we kind of agree . Again

But as you pretty much said , doesn’t make it right though

Doesn’t say much for our club does it if we are resigned to finishing 17th or above :roll:
No it doesn't. But hasn't it always been thus.? In fact when I used to attend matches regularly, home and away, I was always surprised by the relatively large number of fans who actually liked the idea of us being a permanent underdog, happy to swim with the big fishes as long as we avoided being eaten by the sharks.

And of course then there's the fucking anthem glorifying failure. But that's another story completely. ;)
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

User avatar
Whiskyman
Posts: 13729
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm
x 114
x 747

Re: Jesse Lingard - Another Moyes cock up

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:37 pm Is anyone else fed up with this, last season was not a real season tosh! It was a slightly compressed season with reduced preparation and no fans, that's the end of it! It was still 11 vs 11, played on the same sized pitch under the same rules!
I'm not fed up with it because, as you say, it's a load of old cobblers.

That said I think it did benefit us not having fans in the stadium. Whatever the rights and wrongs about demonstrations against the ownership the atmosphere does transmit itself onto the field and must have an impact. And not just at our ground.

How many times do we hear a manager say "we wanted to make it hard for them in the first 30 minutes and wait for the crowd to start getting restless".
TRADITION--Just because we've always done it like this doesn't mean it's not incredibly SILLY

Post Reply