Takeover bid

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Takeover bid

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:49 pm Dirty pair of stinking shyster cunts.
Calling it a derisory offer!
Probably how most clubs feel when that shitbag offers them well below the asking price for a player.
I don't feel quite the same animosity towards Gold than I do Sullivan tbf.

After all he did play for us and if it hadn't have been for that horrendous injury during the war when he was blown up at Dunkirk and lost both legs he'd have been a star of Duncan Edwards proportions.

Sullivan however is Welsh. Not from Canning Town or Barking. The only affinity other than money he has with the East End is that Mary Millington was partial to a bit of pie and mash.

But they did save us. I'll give them that. Had it been not for them we'd have been in the Isthmian League by now, I'll be eternally grateful.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:52 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:49 pm Dirty pair of stinking shyster cunts.
Calling it a derisory offer!
Probably how most clubs feel when that shitbag offers them well below the asking price for a player.
I don't feel quite the same animosity towards Gold than I do Sullivan tbf.

After all he did play for us and if it hadn't have been for that horrendous injury during the war when he was blown up at Dunkirk and lost both legs he'd have been a star of Duncan Edwards proportions.

Sullivan however is Welsh. Not from Canning Town or Barking. The only affinity other than money he has with the East End is that Mary Millington was partial to a bit of pie and mash.

But they did save us. I'll give them that. Had it been not for them we'd have been in the Isthmian League by now, I'll be eternally grateful.
:lol: very good

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

hard to believe that crap anyway, its almost as if they start these stories themselves to gain a favourable outlook from the fan base. How many offers have been turned down? hes turned down, allegedly, one of 650mil with a similar excuse, knowing this why would anyone then come in with a substantially lower offer, and why now.? Ok you could say covid mght tip the balance but look who they would be dealing with! Brewing up interest for when they actully decide to grace the doors with a much sort after exit. I wish!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:18 am hard to believe that crap anyway, its almost as if they start these stories themselves to gain a favourable outlook from the fan base. How many offers have been turned down? hes turned down, allegedly, one of 650mil with a similar excuse, knowing this why would anyone then come in with a substantially lower offer, and why now.? Ok you could say covid mght tip the balance but look who they would be dealing with! Brewing up interest for when they actully decide to grace the doors with a much sort after exit. I wish!
Lots of column inches to be filled mate, and of course there are so many rumour spreading internet sites that rely on "clicks" for income----therefore.

Let's assume you and I met in a pub. You're wearing a nice Rolex watch and I say, "nice watch mate , how much would you ask for it". You could either tell me to fuck off and mind my own business, tell me you wouldn't sell it or say an amount, say £2k. I say "Can't manage that mate but I'll give you £1k". I've made you an offer haven't I ? But because my offer is so low you now tell me to fuck off. But someone's heard us talking and------.

Which proves you should have told me to fuck off as soon as we started talking. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I don't believe any of this nonsense.How many times do we hear hopeful stories whether it`s transfers/Takeovers in pre-season?EVERY bloody year.

How many clubs get taken over and you don't hear nothing till the deal is practically or actually done?The vast majority.

This is a smokescreen to try and get us fans excited.Some will fall for it.."Derrrr,I need to buy my season ticket/Membership now.".

I will never believe in a takeover or transfer story until it`s actually done with these w*nkers in charge.Too many gullible fans.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:41 am I don't believe any of this nonsense.How many times do we hear hopeful stories whether it`s transfers/Takeovers in pre-season?EVERY bloody year.

How many clubs get taken over and you don't hear nothing till the deal is practically or actually done?The vast majority.

This is a smokescreen to try and get us fans excited.Some will fall for it.."Derrrr,I need to buy my season ticket/Membership now.".

I will never believe in a takeover or transfer story until it`s actually done with these w*nkers in charge.Too many gullible fans.
Mainly pricks spouting bollocks on twatter and suchlike
An utter fucking embarrassment imo
A vast majority of our supporters that go over there don’t buy into the two cunts spiel.
I’ve never spoken to anyone over there or in the pubs that has a good word about the arseholes.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

They'll sell if the price is right. Paying 20% of say five hundred million now still works out better for them than paying 0% of, for arguments sake, three hundred and fifty million in April 2023. SuGo are gambling that someone will come in with a big offer once the penalty tax clause has expired and that's a big if.

At the end of the day it's all risk v reward and holding out for a bigger offer is a risk. I'd be highly surprised if they'd walk away from a half a billion quid cheque if it was offered tomorrow - especially when you consider the clubs valuation by Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/teams/west-ham-united/
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:50 pm They'll sell if the price is right. Paying 20% of say five hundred million now still works out better for them than paying 0% of, for arguments sake, three hundred and fifty million in April 2023. SuGo are gambling that someone will come in with a big offer once the penalty tax clause has expired and that's a big if.

At the end of the day it's all risk v reward and holding out for a bigger offer is a risk. I'd be highly surprised if they'd walk away from a half a billion quid cheque if it was offered tomorrow - especially when you consider the clubs valuation by Forbes: https://www.forbes.com/teams/west-ham-united/
Outside the Top 6,we are the most valued club according to Forbes..(18th in world football)

I don't know how they possibly see that tbh.
We DON'T own our own Stadium and we have one of the smallest squads in the PL.Our owners also plead poverty(the only club in the PL that does).Something does not add up here?

The only thing I can think of is that our Stadium is in a prime spot the middle of London..Chelsea,Arsenal and Spurs in the capital are worth FOUR to SIX times as much has us.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:51 pm
BillyDWhizz wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:50 pm They'll sell if the price is right. Paying 20% of say five hundred million now still works out better for them than paying 0% of, for arguments sake, three hundred and fifty million in April 2023. SuGo are gambling that someone will come in with a big offer once the penalty tax clause has expired and that's a big if.

Outside the Top 6,we are the most valued club according to Forbes..(18th in world football)

We DON'T own our own Stadium and we have one of the smallest squads in the PL.Our owners also plead poverty(the only club in the PL that does).Something does not add up here?

The only thing I can think of is that our Stadium is in a prime spot the middle of London..Chelsea,Arsenal and Spurs in the capital are worth FOUR to SIX times as much has us.
And timing is everything - we have just announced with great gusto,how we are following UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations. To the letter.

No big summer splurges from us.

Boast about how you are following the rules and then back that up by spending very little money.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:22 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:51 pm

And timing is everything - we have just announced with great gusto,how we are following UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations. To the letter.

No big summer splurges from us.

Boast about how you are following the rules and then back that up by spending very little money.
I thought FFP was a thing of the past ?

I thought Covid was this years excuse ?
Bring back Jonathon !