Reading Friendly

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Reading Friendly

Post by Whiskyman »

Typical PSF but I’ve been fairly impressed with Coventry’s game so far.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Re: Reading Friendly

Post by Castiron »

Lovely little finish by Johnson to make it 3-0.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Sounds encouraging on the face of it but I'd like to know how strong Reading were.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:02 pm Sounds encouraging on the face of it but I'd like to know how strong Reading were.
From what I saw, which wasn't a lot, we looked very comfortable on the ball, and were knocking it about nicely.
I didn't see it before Benrahma came on, but by looking at some comments online he made a difference.
No disrespect to Reading by any means, but they probably didn't have any threat.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:10 pm
palerider wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:02 pm Sounds encouraging on the face of it but I'd like to know how strong Reading were.
From what I saw, which wasn't a lot, we looked very comfortable on the ball, and were knocking it about nicely.
I didn't see it before Benrahma came on, but by looking at some comments online he made a difference.
No disrespect to Reading by any means, but they probably didn't have any threat.
Very difficult to read much into pre-season friendlies but Reading should be a week ahead of us in terms of preparation for the new season so you'd think they'd have had a stronger team out. If that is the case then it's very encouraging.

But we had a very good pre-season under the golem. And came last.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:15 pm
Castiron wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:10 pm
Very difficult to read much into pre-season friendlies but Reading should be a week ahead of us in terms of preparation for the new season so you'd think they'd have had a stronger team out. If that is the case then it's very encouraging.

Perhaps someone who watched more than me may have different views, but the youngsters seemed to be enjoying themselves to me.
I really like Johnson, hope he makes his mark this season. A bit more confidence in his ability could see him shine.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:33 pm
palerider wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:15 pm

Perhaps someone who watched more than me may have different views, but the youngsters seemed to be enjoying themselves to me.
I really like Johnson, hope he makes his mark this season. A bit more confidence in his ability could see him shine.
Tbh I was looking at next season's possible squad and had completely forgotten about him. I hope he proves me wrong.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

The bloke doing the commentary said that Raeding, like us, were missing a number of players. Apparently they also sold someone to Crystal Palace recently which hasn't gone down well with the locals.

That might explain why they were utter crap. Once again, as in the Orient game which I chose to watch the other night (I am going to seek help btw) I could have played in goal for us tonight and Reading would still have scored nil.

They only just missed out on the play offs last season. So although I'm right to be worried about watching us in these pre season junmets, at least my decision to avoid watching championship matches seems to be justified. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

It was their academy team that finished the match

I was going to pop down but the cheeky bastards wanted £10 for a pre season kick about in 30 degree heat.

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/news ... re-season/

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Geo discards his razor and runs the rule over the friendly performance last eve.

Top of the pile, Connor Coventry and Jarod Bowen.

In the doghouse, Said Benrahma.

...and just after the Gonz was singing the lads praises and suggesting West Ham have a ready made replacement for Jesse Lingard in the shape of the wizard from Algeria.

12 hours is a long time in football...