Celtic Match

Chat about anything football related here!
BillyDWhizz

Re: Celtic Match

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Know it's only a pre-season friendly with 4-5 regulars out but I gotta admit, I wasn't overly enamoured with Creswell or Dawson yesterday and Randolph in all honesty needs to go back to the Championship.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:37 pm Know it's only a pre-season friendly with 4-5 regulars out but I gotta admit, I wasn't overly enamoured with Creswell or Dawson yesterday and Randolph in all honesty needs to go back to the Championship.
Jock football's a joke. Even Rangers would struggle to stay in the PL. So it wasn't much of a blueprint for how our season will pan out.

St.Maximin could wear ski boots and still skin our back line.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Good show our lot up there on the piss in the Bristol bar.

Hats off to you.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, a quick question.
Was Mark Noble right not to let Antonio take the penalty even though he was on a hat trick and "won " god I hate that phrase, the penalty.
My opinion for what it's worth NO, in a competitive game yes but I thought his decision was harsh.
Shame we couldn't make the journey, would have been a classic away day.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:04 am Morning, a quick question.
Was Mark Noble right not to let Antonio take the penalty even though he was on a hat trick and "won " god I hate that phrase, the penalty.
My opinion for what it's worth NO, in a competitive game yes but I thought his decision was harsh.
All about opinions I guess but mine is that any game. friendly or not, is there to be won,.OK the main purpose is to get match fitness up to scratch but, imo, you should still be playing to win. And it'is a team game after all. So as Noble is , rightly, our recognised penalty taker when he's in the team don't think anyone should have a problem with it.

I doubt Antonio is too worried. His overall performance for the time he was on the pitch was good which I guess would be enough to keep him happy.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:23 am
All about opinions I guess but mine is that any game. friendly or not, is there to be won,.OK the main purpose is to get match fitness up to scratch but, imo, you should still be playing to win. And it'is a team game after all. So as Noble is , rightly, our recognised penalty taker when he's in the team don't think anyone should have a problem with it.

I doubt Antonio is too worried. His overall performance for the time he was on the pitch was good which I guess would be enough to keep him happy.
The one attribute that Nobes can be relied upon is his ability from the spot so it's important he keeps practicing. He may be in that position when it really matters in the coming months.

It's a shame that there aren't 'Special Teams' like in the NFL when a kicker will come on just to go for a field goal, otherwise we might have been Euro Champions. I doubt if he'd have done a Max Wall impersonation like Rashford.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Ok, I get what you're saying, my problem is our penalty taker is unlikely to start many games, so should our only recognised striker have a bit of match day penalty practice ? I think he should.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:51 am

Ok, I get what you're saying, my problem is our penalty taker is unlikely to start many games, so should our only recognised striker have a bit of match day penalty practice ? I think he should.
That's a good point.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Just seen a video where Noble said he was going to let Benrahma take it, but then realised he was at Parkhead and thought he'd take the chance to score there.
So Antonio may not have even got the chance, and Noble is stamping his authority, just like he does with the armband......... :lol:

hd1

Post by hd1 »

garnett wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:51 am Ok, I get what you're saying, my problem is our penalty taker is unlikely to start many games, so should our only recognised striker have a bit of match day penalty practice ? I think he should.
When Noble doesn't play, Rice is our designated penalty taker not Antonio