Make of this what you will.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

Make of this what you will.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

COMMITTED' West Ham bidders Pai Capital say they are serious as they hit back at David Sullivan claims over £400million offer
Duncan Wright
18:14, 27 Jul 2021Updated: 19:11, 27 Jul 2021

THE consortium trying to buy West Ham insist they are serious about taking control - despite their £400million interest being written off by co-owner David Sullivan.

The Hammers hierarchy are dismissive of the takeover and supremo Sullivan said last week that an informal approach from London-based group Pai Capital was 'vague' - suggesting they were more interested in a property deal than for the long-term benefit of the club.

West Ham bidders Pai Capital say they are serious after hitting back at David Sullivan's recent claims - but the current ownership are dismissive
West Ham bidders Pai Capital say they are serious after hitting back at David Sullivan's recent claims - but the current ownership are dismissiveCredit: Getty
But Pai partner Philip Beard maintains the are genuine in their interest and insisted they do have the capital to back up their initial enquiry, and vowed they will continue with their takeover bid.

Beard, former chief executive at QPR, said: "It is not my intention to engage in a public debate on the comments made by David Sullivan last week.

"But, upon advice, it is necessary to correct unhelpful and inaccurate statements.

"In response to David Sullivan's comments about the nature and value of the bid put forward by the consortium, I can confirm a formal offer was made which was in fact the figure David Sullivan had initially asked for.

"Our city lawyers were instructed and David Sullivan was provided with proof of funds.

"At no point were we asked to produce further information about our football strategy.

“It was quite clear to me that David Sullivan's sole focus was on price.

"We remain committed to purchasing opportunities to purchase the club."

Beard continued: "We have been actively working on this for over six months and have strong vision for the club, the London Stadium and its place within the Olympic Park as a whole.

"It is backed by prominent personalities in sport, as well as West Ham legends who love the club and want to play a role in its development.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Brookbonds73

Re: Make of this what you will.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

If true and personally I'd believe there's life on Mars before anything that comes out of that little shysters gob, then it shows what a cunt he really is.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Yep, just heard that statement and commented on the other thread.
So Sullivan gives an asking price then rejects it when it’s met. He’s an even bigger cunt than I already thought
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:10 pm Yep, just heard that statement and commented on the other thread.
So Sullivan gives an asking price then rejects it when it’s met. He’s an even bigger cunt than I already thought
Still, they are fans ain't they :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:46 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:10 pm Yep, just heard that statement and commented on the other thread.
Still, they are fans ain't they :lol:
How could we forget :lol:
COYI!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

What's the bets they sell Rice before they go?.
Spivvy little twat.
Love the bit about only in it for property and not the interests of the club 😂

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:58 pm What's the bets they sell Rice before they go?.
Spivvy little twat.
Can we get one thing straight please. Declan Rice will only be sold if he wants to be sold. Which, if rumours are to be believed he probably does, but only to the club of his choice which won't happen if that club doesn't make a bid because they will have spent all their budget on Haaland. At least that's what they're hoping to do.

No owner, however useless, can sell a player if the player doesn't wish to be sold. That's why we have contracts. No signature, no transfer. Simples.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:38 am
Castiron wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:58 pm What's the bets they sell Rice before they go?.
Spivvy little twat.
Can we get one thing straight please. Declan Rice will only be sold if he wants to be sold. Which, if rumours are to be believed he probably does, but only to the club of his choice which won't happen if that club doesn't make a bid because they will have spent all their budget on Haaland. At least that's what they're hoping to do.

No owner, however useless, can sell a player if the player doesn't wish to be sold. That's why we have contracts. No signature, no transfer. Simples.
Personally I don't see Chelsea getting anywhere near signing Haaland. But Declan I think will be a Chelsea player in the near future.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:50 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:38 am

Personally I don't see Chelsea getting anywhere near signing Haaland. But Declan I think will be a Chelsea player in the near future.
50/50 on Declan going this summer.

But no chance of the vermin selling up any time soon if at all.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

A pass for me. We have been good for a season and a half and while Pellegrini/Husillos proved to be a failure its wasnt for lack of investment, Pellegrini spent on the wrong players.

I don't like our owners, theyre giving me Trump vibes but a takeover from an investment consortium with unreliable funding would leave me more worried than the current owners sticking around until a better buyer comes along.