Brentford Friendly

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Brentford Friendly

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:30 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:42 pm

It was but he will still get slagged off on here by certain people. With a run in the side he has the quality. Like Bowen, he doesn't always make the right decisions but that is why he was 25m and not 75m.
I’ve a feeling he will make a big contribution this season.

My only concern is that he doesn’t work back and switches off defensively. If playing left side and Cresswell behind him we will get horribly exposed.
Like against Arsenal
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:42 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:54 am I have to say after watching highlights of the game wasn’t impressed with Brentford chucking themselves on the fucking floor at every opportunity.
An annoying “tactic “ used by quite a few managers.

A lovely strike from Benny.
It was but he will still get slagged off on here by certain people. With a run in the side he has the quality. Like Bowen, he doesn't always make the right decisions but that is why he was 25m and not 75m.
For me the main difference between Bowen and Benrahma is Bowen's workrate. If Benrahma was more switched on to his overall responsibility without the ball he's probably be worth twice what we paid as you say. But he isn't, which is why we've got him and not one of the big fish.

One thing going for him though is that he is clearly a decent bloke. The response from his former teammates and the end of last Saturday's game spoke volumes imo. Indicates that he's probably someone who will listen to others so hopefully the coaching staff will be in his ear and he will learn.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:22 am For me the main difference between Bowen and Benrahma is Bowen's workrate. If Benrahma was more switched on to his overall responsibility without the ball he's probably be worth twice what we paid as you say. But he isn't, which is why we've got him and not one of the big fish.

One thing going for him though is that he is clearly a decent bloke. The response from his former teammates and the end of last Saturday's game spoke volumes imo. Indicates that he's probably someone who will listen to others so hopefully the coaching staff will be in his ear and he will learn.
I don't think his workrate is that bad, it's the effectiveness of it that should be looked at.

Both their defensive stats are comparable, Bowen has won more headers and intercepted more but their tackles are on par and Benrahma played 8 less games (1000 minutes less in total), so perhaps there's a misconception that he doesn't work as hard as others