Brentford Friendly

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: Brentford Friendly

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:31 am
JayK wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:28 am

As much as I agree with you in the main, weren’t we missing Coufal, Soucek, Rice and Yarmalenko from the squad still?
So a few injuries during the season, will show the deficiencies in the squad. Your 4 above + Bowen, Ogbonna & Masuaku. That is I make 23 senior players 4 of them goalkeepers!
Totally agree with ya mate as probably everyone else would too. Still a few days left :roll:
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:49 am

So a few injuries during the season, will show the deficiencies in the squad. Your 4 above + Bowen, Ogbonna & Masuaku. That is I make 23 senior players 4 of them goalkeepers!
Totally agree with ya mate as probably everyone else would too. Still a few days left :roll:
Have faith.

Bobby Zamora was seen at Brighton station yesterday boarding the London train.

And in breaking news, Gary Cahill is now a free agent. Zouma 25m, Milenkovic 12.5, Cahill zip ?

You know it makes sense.

Towie

Post by Towie »

It is worrying, as 3 I included in squad are Alves, no first team experience, Coventry the odd cup game ad sub, and Johnson, still raw but a lot of potential.

When it comes to Europa league and it 3 games a week there is no way that Antonio can play all those games, so who plays upfront instead Martin? Ffs
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I can think of 1 or 2 who would disagree on here…

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Towie wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:22 pm

It is worrying, as 3 I included in squad are Alves, no first team experience, Coventry the odd cup game ad sub, and Johnson, still raw but a lot of potential.

When it comes to Europa league and it 3 games a week there is no way that Antonio can play all those games, so who plays upfront instead Martin? Ffs
Last season he used Bowen when Antonio was absent. So depending on who's available he might try Johnson further up the pitch or Lanzini in a deeper role.

Playing a high line is where Dawson is horribly exposed for lack of technique and pace. That was why he did that ridiculous rugby tackle last season getting a (lucky) yellow card. Some players can adapt while some need bloody protecting,mainly from their own enthusiasms.

Same for Fabianski's impromtu distribution. We know he can't kick a football in a staight line over a short distance, with any accuracy, so don't expect him to.

David Moyes will probably correct all these deficiencies by season start, being exactly the type of man he believes himself to be.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I’m expecting to see a lot of half 1st team and half fringe players in the Europa league otherwise we’re proper fucked in the league. Problem we have is the 1st teasers earned their right and wanna play Europa so our Moyesiah will have to find a good balance. You know we ain’t gonna have a strong squad to deal with both. The prem will be the priority. Which means we prob won’t get beyond the group stages and domestic cups will see us field the U23’s
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:38 pm

I’m expecting to see a lot of half 1st team and half fringe players in the Europa league otherwise we’re proper fucked in the league. Problem we have is the 1st teasers earned their right and wanna play Europa so our Moyesiah will have to find a good balance. You know we ain’t gonna have a strong squad to deal with both. The prem will be the priority. Which means we prob won’t get beyond the group stages and domestic cups will see us field the U23’s
The Gonz examines the challenges with trying to do too much too soon with not enough resources

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:09 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:38 pm

The Gonz examines the challenges with trying to do too much too soon with not enough resources

Thanks BD. Will have to check that out later or tomorrow if I have time 👍🏽
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:54 am I have to say after watching highlights of the game wasn’t impressed with Brentford chucking themselves on the fucking floor at every opportunity.
An annoying “tactic “ used by quite a few managers.

A lovely strike from Benny.
It was but he will still get slagged off on here by certain people. With a run in the side he has the quality. Like Bowen, he doesn't always make the right decisions but that is why he was 25m and not 75m.

Towie

Post by Towie »

h69 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:42 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:54 am I have to say after watching highlights of the game wasn’t impressed with Brentford chucking themselves on the fucking floor at every opportunity.
An annoying “tactic “ used by quite a few managers.

A lovely strike from Benny.
It was but he will still get slagged off on here by certain people. With a run in the side he has the quality. Like Bowen, he doesn't always make the right decisions but that is why he was 25m and not 75m.
I’ve a feeling he will make a big contribution this season.

My only concern is that he doesn’t work back and switches off defensively. If playing left side and Cresswell behind him we will get horribly exposed.