A little Reminder of what Mystic Micky said When GSB took charge..

Chat about anything football related here!
jameskel

Re: A little Reminder of what Mystic Micky said When GSB took charge..

Post by jameskel »

Stamford you naughty boy, you bored while your sheets are getting cleaned?
Covid in the Boardroom

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

225FC3E8-AE2D-4F6E-9E3B-7D5CD135DFFF.jpeg
225FC3E8-AE2D-4F6E-9E3B-7D5CD135DFFF.jpeg (93.47 KiB) Viewed 779 times
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I would have thought the 4 most unpopular owners amongst their own club's fan base would be, in no particular order.

1. Arsenal--Stan The Man
2. Man United--Glazer Family
3. Newcastle--Mike Ashley
4. West Ham--They saved us and don't you ever forget it.

I'm guessing that survey was open to every man and his dog because I don't believe 27% of our fan base would give an approval rating to our owners. Nor do I believe a similar number of Chelsea fans would be dissatisfied with Abramovich.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Must be HD1 rigging the votes. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Towie wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:31 pm Must be HD1 rigging the votes. ;)
Curses, foiled again :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:45 am I would have thought the 4 most unpopular owners amongst their own club's fan base would be, in no particular order.

1. Arsenal--Stan The Man
2. Man United--Glazer Family
3. Newcastle--Mike Ashley
4. West Ham--They saved us and don't you ever forget it.

I'm guessing that survey was open to every man and his dog because I don't believe 27% of our fan base would give an approval rating to our owners. Nor do I believe a similar number of Chelsea fans would be dissatisfied with Abramovich.
Since the ESL, Spurs fans absolutely hate ENIC and I do believe it has all gone sour at Southampton.

Was reading the Newcastle forum and they seem to hate the fans in the stadium
Last edited by h69 on Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

27.8%.
Proper fans :lol:
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

You could have an argument for all of the teams in the Bottom 6.

Newcastle spend very little money and Ashley's idea of success is 17th in the PL.

Yes,United should be up there out spending everyone in world football in my opinion.Their revenue is bigger than any,but nobody can tell me,they don't ever spend money.

Spurs have the most amazing new stadium.I do believe the covid pandemic has hit them hardest,but they still got a half decent team.

I can understand the Southampton being angry..They just sell ALL their decent players and the owners pocket the money..Actually think their fans get ripped off big time..

When Arsenal moved,they were promised the world..Wenger scrimped and scrapped, but still managed the Champions League EVERY year,apart from his last one.There is absolutely no direction at that club what so ever..Kroenke needs a good kicking.Used Arsenal to look after his other businesses.CANNOT understand why the Arsenal haven't protested..WEAK FANS..

With us,we have had our ground sold with the profits pocketed...They have spent money,but incorrectly and very little lately..Sullivan thinks his on the Play Station..Poorly run football club,but lucky to have a magnificent manager..If we had an half decent decent owners like Villa,we would challenge the Top 4.

Trying to look at it from a neutral point,i would have to say Arsenal have the worst owners.

One positive I will say about GSB,they always turn up and watch us.A lot of them don't bother.

Personally, I don't think that any club should be owned by foreign ownership or at least those that reside in other countries.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:29 pm You could have an argument for all of the teams in the Bottom 6.

Newcastle spend very little money and Ashley's idea of success is 17th in the PL.

Yes,United should be up there out spending everyone in world football in my opinion.Their revenue is bigger than any,but nobody can tell me,they don't ever spend money.
Here you (and a lot of other people to be fair) base owners solely on the money they spend. Man Utd have taken on a huge debt and were nearly forced into the ESL in order to line the pockets of the people that dumped the debt on them.

Just because they spunk 75m on Lukaku and then isolate him and sell him for 60m or spend 90m on Pogba knowing he wants to play at Real Madrid does not make them good owners.

If you banned foreign owners the League would have a completely different look. It would be interesting.

I agree Arsenal are a basket case and have been since the departure of David Dein. They have Usmanov and had Farhad Moshiri ready to take over but Kroenke never attends and does not care about them. He only cares about his NFL team.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:29 pm You could have an argument for all of the teams in the Bottom 6.

Spurs have the most amazing new stadium.I do believe the covid pandemic has hit them hardest,but they still got a half decent team.

I can understand the Southampton being angry..They just sell ALL their decent players and the owners pocket the money..Actually think their fans get ripped off big time..

When Arsenal moved,they were promised the world..Wenger scrimped and scrapped, but still managed the Champions League EVERY year,apart from his last one.There is absolutely no direction at that club what so ever..Kroenke needs a good kicking.Used Arsenal to look after his other businesses.CANNOT understand why the Arsenal haven't protested..WEAK FANS..

With us,we have had our ground sold with the profits pocketed...They have spent money,but incorrectly and very little lately..Sullivan thinks his on the Play Station..Poorly run football club,but lucky to have a magnificent manager..If we had an half decent decent owners like Villa,we would challenge the Top 4.

Trying to look at it from a neutral point,i would have to say Arsenal have the worst owners.

One positive I will say about GSB,they always turn up and watch us.A lot of them don't bother.

Personally, I don't think that any club should be owned by foreign ownership or at least those that reside in other countries.
So you would stop the likes of Leicester, Villa, who you say have good owners, Chelsea and Manchester City, to name just 4, from being taken over by the people who currently run them by banning foreign ownership. I doubt there is a single club in the PL without some foreign interest in them financially.

Not sure fans of Newcastle, and of course our own fans, would agree that a UK based owner is necessarily a better option. And what's so special about an owner going to watch a game ? He's an owner, not a fan. Does the largest shareholder of Tesco shares, to use an example, spend his time wandering up and down the frozen food aisles ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?