A little Reminder of what Mystic Micky said When GSB took charge..

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: A little Reminder of what Mystic Micky said When GSB took charge..

Post by Dagger »

:D ya gotta love numbers

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

9898 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:31 am
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:38 pm

Well,I certainly remember us breaking the World record for a keeper in 1979,who was one of the catalysts for our Cup win in 1980.

So if what you are saying,all of our owners have been bad eggs,why should we except being treated like c**ts again.

You can tell me,has you have asked the question,why they have done more for our club,than any other?I'm really interested.
Payet broke transfer record.
Anderson broke transfer record.
Haller broke transfer record.

Does that make them 3 timea better than 1979 owners?
Your not winning this argument Terry - you should have pointed out that GSB are the only owners who sold the house and moved into rented accommodations...

Post by 9898 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:14 am

Your not winning this argument Terry - you should have pointed out that GSB are the only owners who sold the house and moved into rented accommodations...
....an opportunity that all owners outside the top 4 clubs would have taken up.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

In fairness rented accommodation for a football club is a lot different to rented accommodation for a family home OK a football ground can be put to use occasionally for other events, boxing, concerts and so forth, but by and large it's only use is once or twice a fortnight when a game is actually played there.

Stumpy and Dribbly won't get any plaudits from me but the decision to "go rental" is a long way from being one of their worst imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:50 am
In fairness rented accommodation for a football club is a lot different to rented accommodation for a family home OK a football ground can be put to use occasionally for other events, boxing, concerts and so forth, but by and large it's only use is once or twice a fortnight when a game is actually played there.

Stumpy and Dribbly won't get any plaudits from me but the decision to "go rental" is a long way from being one of their worst imo.
I think their decision to 'go mental' was the last straw for most club watchers...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

JayK wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:10 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:04 pm

Remind me which of those owners sold our ground from underneath us.
For just over half its value if the reported figures were to be believed
They sold it for £40 million to Galliard and it was sold on for a whooping £150 million just weeks after UP closed.to Barrett homes.They will at least double their money when all 842 homes are sold off.

This use to be on Google,but was actually removed(probably requested by GSB) a few months after.,when questions started to be asked..I so wish I would have kept it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:29 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:04 pm

Remind me which of those owners sold our ground from underneath us.
Tell me which owners outside the top 4 clubs would have turned down the OS? None. Fact.
Tell me for a starters,how is that a fact?

FACT meaning...'A thing that is known or proved to be true'.

Did you actually ask them personally?Have you any audio or a video to prove that you asked Daniel Levy?

Spurs already said,they'd NEVER rent it,they'd knock it down and rebuild it.

Did you read what Micky said?

GSB wanted to buy the Commonwealth Stadium for Birmingham City(or rent it),but Manchester got the games.It`s the ONLY reason they brought us.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:45 am
9898 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:29 am

Tell me which owners outside the top 4 clubs would have turned down the OS? None. Fact.
Tell me for a starters,how is that a fact?

FACT meaning...'A thing that is known or proved to be true'.

Did you actually ask them personally?Have you any audio or a video to prove that you asked Daniel Levy?

Spurs already said,they'd NEVER rent it,they'd knock it down and rebuild it.

Did you read what Micky said?

GSB wanted to by the Commonwealth Stadium for Birmingham City(or rent it),but Manchester got the games.It`s the ONLY reason they brought us.
No Tel, they'd still have bought us because they're fans don't ya know.

Gold used to dribble down the wing in the claret and blue and Sullivan was always thinking of Vera Lynn when he was shagging sheep in his native Wales.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:38 pm

Well,I certainly remember us breaking the World record for a keeper in 1979,who was one of the catalysts for our Cup win in 1980.

So if what you are saying,all of our owners have been bad eggs,why should we except being treated like c**ts again.

You can tell me,has you have asked the question,why they have done more for our club,than any other?I'm really interested.

Have we broke the world transfer record since 2011?That is the question you should be asking yourself?

In the last 11 years(since GSB have been here),EVERY team that has played in the Premier League has broke their Transfer record...Did you know Norwich City have broke theirs EIGHT times..WBA have broken theirs TEN times..To even it up a bit ,Man City have broke theirs 14 Times.

How many times have we broken ours?FIVE TIMES. since 2011.

See you in about 2 weeks time(You always disappear when you've been schooled :lol: )

h69

Post by h69 »

People get so hot under the collar over club politics, it makes me laugh, nothing much has changed in all the years I have supported the club.

My take is that these owners are no better than at the last owners or the ones before them. the odd relegation, promotion, the odd decent season but mainly struggles. Nothing much has changed IMO. Ok, we won a couple of pots but the game these days means that is a lot harder to do. The Cearns, Brown (even though Bill Gardner seems to like him), the Icelandics.....none were much cop if you asked me.

We appear to want owners with loads of money to spend on players, dont want to make any money out of the deal and despite the whole sport changing, we need to keep things almost like they were in the 80s. Good luck finding owners like that, there are few like that out there but a 15 year old sounding geezer from Baku in Azherbaijan is hardly the answer in my opinion.

As for transfers....we have never spent big but always sold big. Nothing has changed there, we never invested properly when we had the three world cup winners, we never invested properly when we finished 3rd and we probably won't in the next few seasons.

We do occasionally have a splurge but when we have done that recently we have bought the wrong players and got the wrong manager in place. Not the first time that and won't be the last......For buying Haller instead of a forward suited to the PL, read buying Ferguson and turning down Banks.

As for the OS. Well, we had the chance to move to a site in Becton but didnt do it, then this comes along and no-one would turn down the deal we got. Did we reinvest the money in the team, not really.....did it get us to the CL in 5 years, not quite (close though), did we need to move....yes (most games were sold out before we moved despite what this PAI shower claim and we get pretty high attendances where we are).

As for breaking our transfer record, we tripled it a couple of years ago and then broke it again a year later.....the players in question were shite when playing in our league but the fans were happy.
Then we bought Soucek, (cue complaints it was not lardy 30m Carvalho) and Coufal ('he is shit because he cost fuck all')....the fans raged and.....

This is the West Ham way