Big Jesse

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Big Jesse

Post by palerider »

Having watched the Red Mancs on MOTD this morning I noticed Lingard wasn't even on the bench and thought he'd been left out for an impending move to the ILS, warp-speed transport links and all. But then found out he was self-isolating after a positive Black Death test.

However, although Leeds looked as watertight as a migrant dinghy made of milk cartons, United did look rather pleasing on the eye and I really can't see him getting a game, especially with Rashford still to return.

My point is though, I hope we don't go in for him as we have to give Benny boy that chance. I know the Messiah probably has Jesse photos on his wall but what very limited funds we have must go on a striker.

With the hook-nosed vermin likely to gazump us for Milenkovic, another central defensive loan may be the only option as long as that striker is signed. Antonio's hamstring will be putting up the white flag if not.

OZHAMMER

Re: Big Jesse

Post by OZHAMMER »

I was pleasantly surprised with Lingard's impact and work-rate for us. I really had him pegged as a show-pony pretty-boy.

The grace period for Benny is well and truly over. Well paid for the whole season, and only showed a little of the product that should be reasonably expected at the back end of the season.

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:06 am I was pleasantly surprised with Lingard's impact and work-rate for us. I really had him pegged as a show-pony pretty-boy.

The grace period for Benny is well and truly over. Well paid for the whole season, and only showed a little of the product that should be reasonably expected at the back end of the season.
In an ideal world we'd have them both Oz and I'm not trying to diminish his impact last season, but it's a case of needs must now. Who do we need most, a first-choice striker to cover Antonio's obvious injuries or Lingard when Benrahma has been our best player by far in pre-season ?

Probably immaterial tbh as from what the Jock's said, it won't be either as he'll only spend if it improves the team. He may just as well have been saying 'gottle of geer' with the dwarf's hand up his arse.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:03 am Having watched the Red Mancs on MOTD this morning I noticed Lingard wasn't even on the bench and thought he'd been left out for an impending move to the ILS, warp-speed transport links and all. But then found out he was self-isolating after a positive Black Death test.

However, although Leeds looked as watertight as a migrant dinghy made of milk cartons, United did look rather pleasing on the eye and I really can't see him getting a game, especially with Rashford still to return.

My point is though, I hope we don't go in for him as we have to give Benny boy that chance. I know the Messiah probably has Jesse photos on his wall but what very limited funds we have must go on a striker.

With the hook-nosed vermin likely to gazump us for Milenkovic, another central defensive loan may be the only option as long as that striker is signed. Antonio's hamstring will be putting up the white flag if not.
Difficult to see where he would fit into their lineup tbh.

But re your comment about CD cover did you not find it encouraging that Phil Jones was not in the squad and is clearly surplus to requirements now that Varane has shipped up at Old Trafford. :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Don't.

Please don't.

I honestly would sooner have Gary Cahill.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

No thanks , why on earth would we want a AM who will be 29 this season so past his prime with no sell on value , just because he had a ten game purple patch with us . Many fans have said he wasn't getting game time at Utd but he was getting 20 starts most seasons in the league with almost the same amount from the bench , and just wasn't performing . last season he was injured Oct/Dec missing ten games and then joined us on loan .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Clayton wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:45 am No thanks , why on earth would we want a AM who will be 29 this season so past his prime with no sell on value , just because he had a ten game purple patch with us . Many fans have said he wasn't getting game time at Utd but he was getting 20 starts most seasons in the league with almost the same amount from the bench not including internationals and cup/competition games , and just wasn't performing . last season he was injured Oct/Dec missing ten games and then joined us on loan .

hd1

Post by hd1 »

We need options, and he has proven how good he is. Saying we shouldn't sign him is ridiculous.

What would be ridiculous would be to sign him instead of centre forward, not as well as.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:45 am No thanks , why on earth would we want a AM who will be 29 this season so past his prime with no sell on value , just because he had a ten game purple patch with us . Many fans have said he wasn't getting game time at Utd but he was getting 20 starts most seasons in the league with almost the same amount from the bench , and just wasn't performing . last season he was injured Oct/Dec missing ten games and then joined us on loan .
THREE appearances last season , didn’t play a full game , ALL in cup competitions, most of the time not even in the squad let alone the bench and was injured (knock) for 5 weeks and unavailable for 10 games 6 of which he probably wouldn’t have been considered for.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jesse-l ... rainer_id=

I can understand why you don’t want him at 28 years old + but Moyes wants him Clay .
So much imo that the squad depth elsewhere has suffered as a result .
It just needs him or Man Utd to say no on deadline day and we are officially fucked .

But don’t try & use his stats against him as a reason to give him a wide berth .

He’ll do for me as back up :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

hd1 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:53 am We need options, and he has proven how good he is. Saying we shouldn't sign him is ridiculous.

What would be ridiculous would be to sign him instead of centre forward, not as well as.
Agreed but I fear that’s the plan .

But as Clay pointed out , on the back of a 7 or 8 game purple patch that a lot of players have at some stage in their careers .

Love to have him back here but not , as you say , to the detriment of our more urgent needs .
CF
LB
DM
CB

I doubt we’ll see any of the them.
Bring back Jonathon !