West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Post by h69 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:51 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:31 pm

Fans will help immensely when behind the team and creating a positive atmosphere but will hinder if not and creating a negative one.

This Leicester fan was raving about the atmosphere on 11:56 mins in this video. Actually he raved about the whole team if you watch the whole thing :
A good impartial review, even he thinks our squad, not team, is weak
Why would he not since it is obvious we have a thin squad. Half the Premier League are suffering from that at present as there have been far fewer transfers this summer compared to other years. The big ones mask this.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:09 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:51 pm

A good impartial review, even he thinks our squad, not team, is weak
Why would he not since it is obvious we have a thin squad. Half the Premier League are suffering from that at present as there have been far fewer transfers this summer compared to other years. The big ones mask this.
It's really only Man United, Arsenal & City who have spent big, And the two Manchesters' investments have been on one "marquee" signing, Chelsea, although paying a lot for Lukaku have effectively funded his purchase with sales and Villa have only spent the Grealish cash strengthening their squad.

The only club who have been going on what could be remotely called a spending spree are Arsenal.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:10 am
h69 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:09 am

It's really only Man United, Arsenal & City who have spent big, And the two Manchesters' investments have been on one "marquee" signing, Chelsea, although paying a lot for Lukaku have effectively funded his purchase with sales and Villa have only spent the Grealish cash strengthening their squad.

The only club who have been going on what could be remotely called a spending spree are Arsenal.
Thats right. If you take them out then Terry's predictions are not far wrong.
Most of the rest of the teams have spent little. Even my local club Watford, who as a promoted club are expected to spend big have brought in a few but I think only one cost anything.

It shows the huge gulf between the haves and have nots even more these days when you see Arsenal spend 50m, City spend 100m, Chelsea spend 98m on one player each when the rest spend little. I would say only Spurs have spent outside that top group and they are going to recoup a lot of that when Ndombele fucks off which has been on the cards forever. They wasted 65m on him.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:33 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:10 am

Most of the rest of the teams have spent little. Even my local club Watford, who as a promoted club are expected to spend big have brought in a few but I think only one cost anything.

It shows the huge gulf between the haves and have nots even more these days when you see Arsenal spend 50m, City spend 100m, Chelsea spend 98m on one player each when the rest spend little. I would say only Spurs have spent outside that top group and they are going to recoup a lot of that when Ndombele fucks off which has been on the cards forever. They wasted 65m on him.
I may be wrong but I think Spurs outlays may have been influenced bu the assumption they were going to lose Kane but increase their bank balance.

Tbh I would love to read some of the fine print on the loan agreements many clubs have regarding repayment schedules. Loans and debt in themselves are no problem if incoming money is sufficient to service them. But there can be problems waiting down the line if there is a deadline for repayment. That is basically what caused Chelsea's "impending bankruptcy" immediately prior to Abramovich turning up in town. And of course we have very benign interest rates at the moment but if inflation starts to ramp up, which is already happening in many areas, the Bank will be forced to raise interest rates and if the loans are not based on fixed interest that can cause issues. As anyone who has ever had a mortgage will know.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:44 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:33 pm

I may be wrong but I think Spurs outlays may have been influenced bu the assumption they were going to lose Kane but increase their bank balance.
They went out of their way to say they were buying these players regardless because they assumed he was staying. Might be a smokescreen but they will have to offload Ndombele as he has not wanted to be there for ages. Not even in the squad and was 65m.