West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: West Ham vs Leicester City Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:23 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:50 pm Since Moyes rejoined us in January 2020,we have scored 3+ goals on no fewer than 22 occasions.
I think you should double check that Terry. There are those who walk amongst us who believe we are a boring side.
It was actually on the Moyes thread,when it was 21,(after last night 22)which I double checked 3 times.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:20 am

I think you should double check that Terry. There are those who walk amongst us who believe we are a boring side.
It was actually on the Moyes thread,when it was 21,(after last night 22)which I double checked 3 times.
:lol:

I don't know where to begin with this one, Tel!

:lol:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

h69 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:57 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:50 pm Since Moyes rejoined us in January 2020,we have scored 3+ goals on no fewer than 22 occasions.
but apparently Moyes plays boring football.
If his football is boring then i will take it all day. I havent been bored like others with his approach, and it seems to have stepped up a notch. Now us sitting back feels like the drawing of a bow string. I cant remember the last boring game under him i have watched, though i am sure there were one or two.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

garnett wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:35 am
Clayton wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:10 am

Come on Garnett , let us enjoy it while it lasts mate .
I am, I did enjoy the game, like I said we played well, but I don't buy the Moyes tactical masterclass nor Antonio is Lukaku in disguise, bring on Palace .
I am still not convinced that Moyes in a tactical genius ( but who cares when we are winning ) or that Antonio is Lukaku in disguise ( though the goals he scored last night were definitely a couple of his best I have seen ) . Antonio is a enigma as far as I am concerned , I love his focus , enthusiasm , drive , attitude , energy and power which is a tremendous asset to have on the pitch . But for me it is also his his achilles heal , the times a pass/cross has gone astray when a little composure would have helped , or a shot has been hit into the top tier of the stadium and the times he loses the ball to the opposition with his lack of control when dribbling .
But does any of this really matter because when fit he does what is needed and that is all we can ask .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:27 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:57 am

but apparently Moyes plays boring football.
If his football is boring then i will take it all day. I havent been bored like others with his approach, and it seems to have stepped up a notch. Now us sitting back feels like the drawing of a bow string. I cant remember the last boring game under him i have watched, though i am sure there were one or two.
Rice,Bowen and Fornals were excellent,even Dawson who despite limitations tried his damnedest to get on the score sheet. Antonio takes the second half plaudits and revealed the 'gaffer caned me at HT' but he didn't sulk and scuff about, he came out and roared. What a fucking prince.

At the moment there is a lot of trust all round and it would be difficult to imagine any changes to the lineup this Sat...even if we signed Jesse Lingard or a French player from Marseille...

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:42 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:27 pm

Rice,Bowen and Fornals were excellent,even Dawson who despite limitations tried his damnedest to get on the score sheet. Antonio takes the second half plaudits and revealed the 'gaffer caned me at HT' but he didn't sulk and scuff about, he came out and roared. What a fucking prince.

At the moment there is a lot of trust all round and it would be difficult to imagine any changes to the lineup this Sat...even if we signed Jesse Lingard or a French player from Marseille...
The Frenchman has got no bottle :roll:

As for Lingard, I would not sign him, I want Benrahma to play each week and build up confidence because he looks a good player.. I would rather we got a CB and a CF myself as Oggy and Dawson are not spring chickens and we need a backup striker unless OkoFlex really steps up which is a bit early maybe. We also have Dawson who can play there but Antonio is pretty unique for what our budget covers.

Nice that we get a bye through the second round of the League Cup though but it would be good to try Okoflex if we get a lower league side in R3

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

You don't do irony do you Terry. :lol: I actually agree with your point----I was simply pointing out that there are some posters here who see Moyes as a provider of dull football. I think you know who they are., ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Michail Antonio and Saïd Benrahma last night became the first players in Premier League history to both score and assist a goal in both of their side's first two games of a campaign.
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:17 pm

You don't do irony do you Terry. :lol: I actually agree with your point----I was simply pointing out that there are some posters here who see Moyes as a provider of dull football. I think you know who they are., ;)

Tbh,I thought I might have got it wrong when you questioned it ;)

Castiron

Post by Castiron »