We need to sell Declan Rice

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: We need to sell Declan Rice

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Pity Rice didn’t pull him up on that fucking awful Pizza advert.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

9898 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:09 pm
hd1 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:44 pm

What exactly did he say and where did he say it?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.u ... 10182/amp/

Ego out of control
:lol: :lol: :lol:

2+2=5

Declan is usually in most memes that get posted on social media in one way or another,’ the England head coach said of his side’s Group I clash with Andorra.

‘I think we needed to be a little bit careful in how our interaction with the crowd was the other day.

‘We all recognise that certain things that happened weren’t acceptable but also we ran a little bit of a risk of inflaming some of those situations.

So I think the players managed that quite well but I think the boys have to have at the back of their minds that humility – “Yes, we were playing well and we got a good result but let’s keep our professionalism and keep our focus”.

No direct criticism of Rice there at all. No doubt with your warped brain you think he's implied it. Usual numbers bullshit

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:37 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:29 pm

‘Declan is usually in most memes that get posted on social media in one way or another,’ the England head coach said of his side’s Group I clash with Andorra.

‘I think we needed to be a little bit careful in how our interaction with the crowd was the other day.

‘We all recognise that certain things that happened weren’t acceptable but also we ran a little bit of a risk of inflaming some of those situations.

‘So I think the players managed that quite well but I think the boys have to have at the back of their minds that humility – “Yes, we were playing well and we got a good result but let’s keep our professionalism and keep our focus”.

‘We are going to have to play these teams again and we don’t want to give them any additional motivation by any of our actions
When you're on a Yorkie break tomorrow.
Read that article and think why has the manager used the words Rice and humility in the same conversation.
Like I said,I thought it was great.You didn't.I think they had every right.

Southgate is a philosophical person.His impartial and dosen't like to upset people.His a good Ambassador,even if I don't agree with everything he says.

palerider

Post by palerider »

He seems a smashing bloke. But I'm getting a tad bored of his 'frustration' that we've placed such a high price tag on him.

What the fuck does he expect. Give him away for fuck all so he can join his mate at Chelsea ?

It has to be remembered that they released him at 14. He's grown into the player he is with West Ham, not the plastics. I suspect that given his talent he'd have done that anywhere but it's not a given. So he owes us some degree of if not loyalty, then at least common sense.

I'm of the opinion that it's his father, also his agent, 'leaking' snippets to Matt Law and the other hacks. But it needs to stop. Declan will go next summer. IF a bid of 100m comes in January then it's possible he could go then but that's an unlikely scenario.

But the price is what it is. He costs that much because he's good, not because he's shit, and as in all walks of life you get what you pay for.

Personally I hope he goes to City as Fernandinho's replacement but either way, just get on with your job young man.