Carbon free vegan football……

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Carbon free vegan football……

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:02 pm Quorn tastes like cardboard but the minced version has the texture of the real deal and works in a chilli as long as a whole jar of hot chilli powder is added.
Sadly the eateries favoured by Mrs W and I do not offer cardboard on their bill of fare so I will have to take your word for it. I have never knowingly eaten Quorn. In fact I don't even know what "a meat substitute" is supposed to be. Let's face it starvation is a meat substitute if one takes it to extremes.

Nonetheless as someone who likes most types of meat I would have to eat a non meat product if an alternative offered was either kidneys or liver. Not for nothing is that crap knows as fucking offal. FFS the smell of liver cooking is vomit inducing enough without having to look forward to eating the shit when it's cooked. And knowing the bodily functions the liver and kidneys are designed to do should be an incentive to avoid the bloody stuff.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:12 pm
palerider wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:02 pm Quorn tastes like cardboard but the minced version has the texture of the real deal and works in a chilli as long as a whole jar of hot chilli powder is added.
Sadly the eateries favoured by Mrs W and I do not offer cardboard on their bill of fare so I will have to take your word for it. I have never knowingly eaten Quorn. In fact I don't even know what "a meat substitute" is supposed to be. Let's face it starvation is a meat substitute if one takes it to extremes.

Nonetheless as someone who likes most types of meat I would have to eat a non meat product if an alternative offered was either kidneys or liver. Not for nothing is that crap knows as fucking offal. FFS the smell of liver cooking is vomit inducing enough without having to look forward to eating the shit when it's cooked. And knowing the bodily functions the liver and kidneys are designed to do should be an incentive to avoid the bloody stuff.
Quorn tastes of nothing. And I agree about offal. Mr Pale senior liked English Fare so my Mum cooked shit like liver and bacon which I was forced to endure until I learned to say 'shove that shit up your arse you old bitch'.

JayK

Post by JayK »

The Mrs had been threatening to cook quorn one night in the future to see if I could tell the difference.

One night after working away for a few days, I came home to find a spag Bol in the fridge. Obviously I avoided it like the plague and got fish and chips. For days after, she swore blind it was real meat but you can’t take any chances can ya.
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:24 pm
The Mrs had been threatening to cook quorn one night in the future to see if I could tell the difference.

One night after working away for a few days, I came home to find a spag Bol in the fridge. Obviously I avoided it like the plague and got fish and chips. For days after, she swore blind it was real meat but you can’t take any chances can ya.
I've tried it in Spag Bol Jay and it didn't work so you were quite astute.

Your wife was clearly trying to poison you and I'd call the police if I were you.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:28 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:24 pm

I've tried it in Spag Bol Jay and it didn't work so you were quite astute.

Your wife was clearly trying to poison you and I'd call the police if I were you.
Good info and great advice sir. Once I’ve unchained and finished with her I’ll get right on that 👍🏽
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

It’s a good job we have those 2 jokers posting here .

This has to be , to me anyway , the most boring topic ever without them .

I’m sure the knee taking happy clapper appreciation society will benefit from an enormous sense of well being though
Bring back Jonathon !

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

JayK wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:19 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:54 pm
I just found that out this morning. I don't know whether it was changed,but I am sure it was meant to be everything Vegan.I reckon a few must have complained..If West Ham did it and I liked a meat pie,I would have.Its taking away people's choices.
It didn’t change Tel. I read it on the site before you posted it here. Just more vegan options. Nobody “forced” to eat or do anything.

Can’t see their preferred travelling being used or the vegan options being a big money maker tbh though. Maybe they should try this for tennis crowds. Might work then
Exactly Jay.
No-one's being forced to.....which means almost nobody will. And yet they choose to announce it like they're about to change the world when in reality sweet fuck all will actually happen.
This is the point...it's pointless point-scoring if you get my point?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

JayK

Post by JayK »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:02 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:19 pm

It didn’t change Tel. I read it on the site before you posted it here. Just more vegan options. Nobody “forced” to eat or do anything.

Can’t see their preferred travelling being used or the vegan options being a big money maker tbh though. Maybe they should try this for tennis crowds. Might work then
Exactly Jay.
No-one's being forced to.....which means almost nobody will. And yet they choose to announce it like they're about to change the world when in reality sweet fuck all will actually happen.
Point taken Tone. Basically they’re putting a few vegan meals on the menu and that makes it a milestone. Amazing :lol:
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:05 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:02 pm
Exactly Jay.
Point taken Tone. Basically they’re putting a few vegan meals on the menu and that makes it a milestone. Amazing :lol:
There’s a menu ?
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:16 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:05 pm

There’s a menu ?
Well……a list of food written on a big napkin maybe
COYI!!!