World Cup every 2 years,

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: World Cup every 2 years,

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:41 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:04 pm

Don't know what UEFA have to do with this tbh,
Didn't they introduce the Champions League(which I actually like)?
Maximum played when old European Cup : 9 games
Played now in Champions League : 13

Didn't they introduce the Europa League?
Max played when UEFA Cup : 11 games
Played now,Europa League :15

Let's not forget the qualification rounds for some..Fulham played 21 games on the way the Final one year.

European Championship qualifiers before 1996 :8 games,occasionally 6
Played now :10 Games.

Nations League(new competition introduced a few years ago))At least 6 games,if you reach the Final:9

Conference League(new competition)..See Europa League.

UEFA are even worse than FIFA.
This thread is about the World Cup being held every 2 years. I was questioning what that had to do with UEFA.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

;)
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:16 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:41 pm

Didn't they introduce the Champions League(which I actually like)?
Maximum played when old European Cup : 9 games
Played now in Champions League : 13

Didn't they introduce the Europa League?
Max played when UEFA Cup : 11 games
Played now,Europa League :15

Let's not forget the qualification rounds for some..Fulham played 21 games on the way the Final one year.

European Championship qualifiers before 1996 :8 games,occasionally 6
Played now :10 Games.

Nations League(new competition introduced a few years ago))At least 6 games,if you reach the Final:9

Conference League(new competition)..See Europa League.

UEFA are even worse than FIFA.
This thread is about the World Cup being held every 2 years. I was questioning what that had to do with UEFA.
If you read what I wrote,then you wouldn't be asking Mr Articulate. ;)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:01 pm ;)
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:16 pm

[iIt looks like this could happen,as they reckon the Countries will vote for it(obviously financial reasons).

If FIFA and UEFA continue you with this saturation of their competition's,we might has well forget about the our domestic competitions.][/i]

That's your original post which I did read, and is the reason I asked what UEFA has to do with it. FIFA being the people who run the World Cup, not UEFA.. I don't see the confusion tbh.. But then I suppose being Mr AQrticulate, and hopefully having working brain cells, is a help. ;)

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:16 pm

[iIt looks like this could happen,as they reckon the Countries will vote for it(obviously financial reasons).

If FIFA and UEFA continue you with this saturation of their competition's,we might has well forget about the our domestic competitions.][/i]

That's your original post which I did read, and is the reason I asked what UEFA has to do with it. FIFA being the people who run the World Cup, not UEFA.. I don't see the confusion tbh.. But then I suppose being Mr AQrticulate, and hopefully having working brain cells, is a help. ;)
The problem with this proposal is during one calender year,you would have world cup qualifiers mixed in with european qualifiers. It's to do with the cyclic imbalance of holding one tournament every four years and the other (new proprosal) every two years.

They eventually clash running out of road in the calendar. This is the type of mathematical error you might expect to witness at primary (first) school level.
We might expect people at FIFA to have noticed this sooner.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Hold it once a month I say.

Law of averages dictates that we may actually win the fucker then.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:01 am

The problem with this proposal is during one calender year,you would have world cup qualifiers mixed in with european qualifiers. It's to do with the cyclic imbalance of holding one tournament every four years and the other (new proprosal) every two years.

They eventually clash running out of road in the calendar. This is the type of mathematical error you might expect to witness at primary (first) school level.
If they have it every 2 years ABD still have the European, Souith American and all the other competitions as well it would be toyal chaos because of, as you say, all the additional qualifiers for all the tournaments.

But if they have a world cup every 2 years and scrap the other ones there wouldn't be any extra games needed so it would stay pretty much as it is now. At least as far as the number of fixtures is concerned.

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Poor old Terry done it again. Starts a thread and then goes off on one and confuses everyone. :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Parry Hotter wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:18 am

Poor old Terry done it again. Starts a thread and then goes off on one and confuses everyone. :lol:
And not just Terry if you see every other thread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

No there would be no Euros

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:00 am

No there would be no Euros
They won't agree to that then...