West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:50 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Noble more then likely said just that ( I would like to think so anyway ) , and the gaffer more than likely said get out there anyway .
I doubt that. If Noble had questioned the decision there would probably have, at the very least, have been a bit of a debate by which time Rice, who looked as if he was going to take it initially, would have had the ball on the spot. Moyes obviously has to take the lion's share of criticism for the decision as the buck stops with him, but Noble doesn't get a free hit in my book. Pity it went to VAR and wasn't originally spotted as that would probably have meant insufficient time for Noble to get his training gear off ready for action. The decision was clearly made during the VAR check.
Personally think Rice should have taken it , whether he succeeded or not isn't the issue , it's another learning experience . And in my opinion would have done him a power of good if he had scored from the spot .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:00 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:50 pm

I doubt that. If Noble had questioned the decision there would probably have, at the very least, have been a bit of a debate by which time Rice, who looked as if he was going to take it initially, would have had the ball on the spot. Moyes obviously has to take the lion's share of criticism for the decision as the buck stops with him, but Noble doesn't get a free hit in my book. Pity it went to VAR and wasn't originally spotted as that would probably have meant insufficient time for Noble to get his training gear off ready for action. The decision was clearly made during the VAR check.
Personally think Rice should have taken it , whether he succeeded or not isn't the issue , it's another learning experience . And in my opinion would have done him a power of good if he had scored from the spot .
Rice appeared to have decided he was going to take it. He had the ball in his hands until Noble came on.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:05 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:00 pm

Rice appeared to have decided he was going to take it. He had the ball in his hands until Noble came on.
The sad truth of this fiasco is that we had no one on the pitch that was adjudged good enough to take the penalty. Who would of taken it if it was awarded 20 mins earlier. Would Popeye of sent on Noble then..?

deanox

Post by deanox »

Castiron wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 am https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... point-away
Couldn't have put it better.
I agree, good piece of writing.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Towie

Post by Towie »

Not sure why Yarmalenko didn’t take it? he does for Ukraine.

Did anyone else get pissed off when people got up to clap Lingard when he came on?

Clap him yes before start of match, not when coming on and then compounding it scoring winner.

He is not one of us so fuck him.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

In all seriousness if, say, Rice had taken it and missed I bet anyone a monkey to a pound of horse shit the usual suspects would have been on here and elsewhere screaming "why the fuck didn't he send Noble on to take it".

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 pm In all seriousness if, say, Rice had taken it and missed I bet anyone a monkey to a pound of horse shit the usual suspects would have been on here and elsewhere screaming "why the fuck didn't he send Noble on to take it".
Who are the usual suspects? Come on name and shame.

I don’t believe there would be many actually saying that, but let’s give them the right to reply.

Name them, name them!
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 pm In all seriousness if, say, Rice had taken it and missed I bet anyone a monkey to a pound of horse shit the usual suspects would have been on here and elsewhere screaming "why the fuck didn't he send Noble on to take it".
Who are the usual suspects? Come on name and shame.

I don’t believe there would be many actually saying that, but let’s give them the right to reply.

Name them, name them!
That would be telling. ;)

But a cursory glance through various musings following matches we have lost would reveal them I am sure. More effort will be required than it used to be unfortunately because defeats are not as commonplace as they once were. Weather's nice today but you'll enjoy whiling away an hour or two searching for clues when it's pissing down, trust me.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Towie wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:30 pm Not sure why Yarmalenko didn’t take it? he does for Ukraine.
Would have taken half hour to wake the lazy cunt up.

h69

Post by h69 »

Yep. I imagine so. Its not like he missed the goal, just didn't hit it quite high enough and keeper guessed the right side. It happens. Even Ray Stewart missed occasionally.