Man Utd vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham League Cup Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Started well, finished well but were pressed in between. Yarmelenko was a bit more active than his norm, Johnson at times was slow and indecisive. But hey ho, we got city next so we are being left to the Mancs to sort out.the little upstarts .
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

coburn

Post by coburn »

Towie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:27 pm I know Yarmalenko gets a lot of shite on here, but also put a great shift in tonight, and should of capped it with a goal.
This guy just needs gimes and more minutes on the pitch. A great player, has it rrecently proven at EC. I like Yarmus Lenko!

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

First Man U, now Man C , does it get any better? ;) :lol:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

dagenhamdave wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:44 am First Man U, now Man C , does it get any better? ;) :lol:
Trying their best to fuck us off out of this competition I believe.
;)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:51 am
Flairon wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:21 am

Indeed, how on earth did that go unpunished!?!
No VAR, otherwise may have been different.
True. But as the game was at Old Trafford, and doubtless played under Old Trafford rules, had there been VAR Noble wouldn't have got away with his tug on Lingard.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

What a astonishing team performance that was , and what a team , Moyes has once again some how shown what can be done with fitness , determination and teamwork , and a few dam fine players .
Noble rolled back the years somehow , and managed to put himself about ( though at times worryingly ) for a full 90 minutes away at Utd , who would have thought .
Bowen just ran and ran and ran , talk about effort ( though without little reward , though surely it will have to pay off eventually for him ) .
Diop was a wall at the back , a mountain even , that Utd could not penetrate , must have been his best game ever for us ( he has found a new confidence ) , with the Zagred match a close second .
Special mention for Masuaku who until he was taken off was surprisingly my MotM , he was tremendous last night , I have never seen him play so well defensively , but even going forward this must have been his best game for us .
Areola , looked shaky at times ( it was his first game for us ) but he stopped everything that Utd put in his direction , and kept a clean sheet .
As for Kral who made his debut and first start looked slow and bewildered by the pace of the match , but eventually found the tempo and even started to influence the midfield battle with his energy and pressure .
Shame Coufal had to come on early ( though he had his usual match winning performance at RB ) for an injured Fredericks who was once again showing his ability and looked again to be having a fine game .
Fornals came on for Lanzini on the 69 minute , and the level of performance was noticeable from the off ( Fornals is CLASS ) .
Last edited by Clayton on Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:01 am
Castiron wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:51 am
No VAR, otherwise may have been different.
True. But as the game was at Old Trafford, and doubtless played under Old Trafford rules, had there been VAR Noble wouldn't have got away with his tug on Lingard.
No, but Matic,the dirty cunt, could have got sent off. If they missed that one there was the late stamp on Lanzini, which Moss didn't see either, although he was 2 yards away.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Castiron wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:53 am

No, but Matic,the dirty cunt, could have got sent off. If they missed that one there was the late stamp on Lanzini, which Moss didn't see either, although he was 2 yards away.
I noticed those incidents and the replays made sure of that. Very unpleasant. Surprised our players reaction was quite calm. I'm sure I saw Coufal get a bit of his own back in the second half. Not outright thuggery but a bit of big boy payback.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:53 am

Tbh I reckon the late stamp was just one of those things that happen in games, but the knee to the bollocks was totally intentional and could easily have resulted in a red card.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

It was a great night League cup or not. Didn't get back until 3:30am because getting out of there is a fucking nightmare and surprisingly there were 72,000 there last night.....all driving back to London. The services at Warwick on the M40 London bound were full of 'mancs'

I thought we caught them completely cold, our interchange in play was quick and decisive and the goal was inevitable. I don't think that they started playing until we scored.

My thoughts on the performance

Areola - Is clearly a good shot stopper but punches the ball when he can catch it. Need to get that out of him. Decent though
Diop and Virgil van Dawson were immense. Would have been easy for Dawson to sulk now that Zouma has come in but played really well.
Kral was good. Took him a while to settle but he is a proper holding player who sat in front of the back 4 and played some nice passes.
Noble was absolutely class and it was a shame that he didnt put that ball away at the end (must not have warmed up :roll: )
Bowen was MoM. I thought he ran his nuts off. He is a real handful and never seems to run out of energy. Seemed to form a useful partnership with Vlasic at the end
Yarmolenko played ok but his legs are going now and this will be his last season with us. Should have scored when he hit the post.

No-one had a bad game though but some of our passing lacked a little bit of confidence (especially the fullbacks) but as someone said, Masuaku was very controlled and focussed on defending and was excellent. We really are a team and we do have a competitive squad. Just need a couple more additions and this team could win something.

On the way home all I heard were Mancs ringing up the radio saying their second string squad should have been enough to beat our team but they fail to realise than other than Bowen, that was OUR second string squad and they had a 70m winger in Sancho and a 50m forward in Martial on from the start who were fucking awful as well as 40m Van de Beek who was utter crap. And most of the rest of them cost a fortune.

I had no idea about that Matic challenge until I saw it this morning. Definitely fortunate not to get a red card.

We almost sold every seat and Man Utd were almost silent all night as they knew what was happening and only started making any noise when we kindly provided some incentive.

'Cockney boys we're on a bender, Cristiano is a sex offender' seemed to do the trick along with 'She said no Ronnie, she said no'.

They have spent millions on players but they are heavily reliant on Bruno and Ronaldo. They are no team.

Virgil van Dawsons Post from earlier.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210923-114031_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210923-114031_Instagram.jpg (672.59 KiB) Viewed 1108 times