Leeds United vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Noni

Re: Leeds United vs West Ham United Official Match Thread

Post by Noni »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:35 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:30 pm

NO,Zouima being out of position.If he was where he was supposed to be,they wouldn't have scored their goal.
I was out of position too - I should have been watching but was in the toilet...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

coburn

Post by coburn »

We had a good, aggressive start yesterday. If we had scored there, i think we would have won 3:0 at least. Antonio couldn´t utilize his physical strength as ususal, cause Leeds defended well. Soucek is definitely not the player from last season. But we wanted the points against a strong opponent and San Michael brought the salvation. whufc_crest

Zouma over Dawson is good and I would prefer to buy a left defender (with Coufal quality) in Winter instead of Cresswell.

Regarding the table and the results from Chelsea, ManU or Reds, I still regret the stupidly lost points against United last Sunday.

I´m still convinced we can compete with the clubs mentioned before, if everything fits

palerider

Post by palerider »

I love the way Bielsa goes on his haunches for an imaginary dump during the game.

Or is it not imaginary ?

That little bloke who translates, as he's not bothered to learn a fucking word of English, could well be saying 'Marcelo shat his frillies when the last minute winner went in' for all I know.

My mastery of Spanish stretches to ordering beer and asking about recommended dogging locations.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Great support as usual from our lot up there.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:39 pm
brookingslovechild wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:42 pm Thought Leeds were the better team pretty much through out. Bit of quality from Declan and another great finish from Micky ( btw how much has his finishing improved in the past 2 seasons , like a different player). Think we stole a win today, but but but, is this not what the best teams do? We’ve certainly been on the end of these results many times over the years.

Once again whu prove how much they have improved in the past 2 years, great spirit, quality players, determined, fitness, currently we’ve got the lot other than real depth…..feckin lovely.
50/50 game imo.

But as has been said, Leeds put so much into it any team has a chance in the last 10-15 minutes.

Soucek needs a break though.

That aside, when Micky's goal went in the cats ran for it but I caught one of them and she's still hanging off my old chap as I type.
Soucek didn't play last Wednesday. If he needs a break it means he will need to miss two or three games.

palerider

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:51 am
palerider wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:39 pm

50/50 game imo.

But as has been said, Leeds put so much into it any team has a chance in the last 10-15 minutes.

Soucek needs a break though.

That aside, when Micky's goal went in the cats ran for it but I caught one of them and she's still hanging off my old chap as I type.
Soucek didn't play last Wednesday. If he needs a break it means he will need to miss two or three games.
I agree.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Soucek has to be subbed if/when necessary instead of the usual suspects.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:06 pm Soucek has to be subbed if/when necessary instead of the usual suspects.
I get the Moyes thinking of sticking with those he trusts. It gives the team togetherness and spirit. And Soucek hasn't let him down, even this season.

But I'm not just talking about the Leeds goal. Shit happens. Just ask Bruno Fernandes :lol:

And he'd have scored yesterday but for VAR.

But he's not been the same influence recently and just looks knackered. He needs an extended break. If Kral takes his chance and does well he keeps the place, that's football.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:06 pm Soucek has to be subbed if/when necessary instead of the usual suspects.
He was First Half,but excellent in the 2nd half.

He does need a rest..Maybe give him a week off and let Kral play in the next 2.Rice & Coufal could do with one too tbh.

Moyes needs to manage our squad carefully.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Castiron wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:01 pm Leeds were at home. We were away. Bielsa is THE best manager in the world :lol:
We won 2-1 just love the energy and fight in this team. Fuck dirty Leeds. COYI.
Note to self: Best not post when you've had a few sherberts 😂