West Ham vs Rapid Vienna Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Rapid Vienna Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our last 2 good results with 21 players used that are capable of making our strength in depth stronger and keeping the nutnumbskull quiet as possible, hope we can keep our form going. Need to rest some players particularly Coufal as Fredericks was injured after 15 mins last week but questions will be asked if Coufal playing or not as Johnson could play on RB and Cressie carry on left side which is the best options which is why we need another full back that can play left or right back. Bowen could be rested and Antonio can't play twice a week but Moyes could put Bowen up front in 1st half until early in 2nd half to put Antonio in.

Squad:

Areola

Johnson
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell

Kral
Noble

Vlasic
Lanzini
Masuaku

Bowen (Antonio to come 2nd half)

Hope we can strengthen our chance of knock-out rounds the earlier the better.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Re: West Ham vs Rapid Vienna Official Match Thread

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:11 pm Following our last 2 good results with 21 players used that are capable of making our strength in depth stronger and keeping the nutnumbskull quiet as possible, hope we can keep our form going. Need to rest some players particularly Coufal as Fredericks was injured after 15 mins last week but questions will be asked if Coufal playing or not as Johnson could play on RB and Cressie carry on left side which is the best options which is why we need another full back that can play left or right back. Bowen could be rested and Antonio can't play twice a week but Moyes could put Bowen up front in 1st half until early in 2nd half to put Antonio in.

Squad:

Areola

Johnson
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell

Kral
Noble

Vlasic
Lanzini
Masuaku

I think I would go with similar..Soucek,Coufal and Rice need to have a rest.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:15 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:11 pm Following our last 2 good results with 21 players used that are capable of making our strength in depth stronger and keeping the nutnumbskull quiet as possible, hope we can keep our form going. Need to rest some players particularly Coufal as Fredericks was injured after 15 mins last week but questions will be asked if Coufal playing or not as Johnson could play on RB and Cressie carry on left side which is the best options which is why we need another full back that can play left or right back. Bowen could be rested and Antonio can't play twice a week but Moyes could put Bowen up front in 1st half until early in 2nd half to put Antonio in.

Squad:

Areola

Johnson
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell

Kral
Noble

Vlasic
Lanzini
Masuaku

Also hope those 3 will not play 3 international games in 6 days as it is taken too much tolls. At least West Ham away to Everton will be on Sunday 17th October a day later so that our players can have extra day to recuperate.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:20 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:15 pm

Also hope those 3 will not play 3 international games in 6 days as it is taken too much tolls. At least West Ham away to Everton will be on Sunday 17th October a day later so that our players can have extra day to recuperate.
There are only 2 games..Hopefully Southgate will only play him in one of them.

Trouble is,the Czechs ALWAYS play the same XI,even if it's a bloody friendly.

More worrying for me is that Jamaica have 3 games in that period.Worst decision Antonio has EVER made..He would have been in the England squad this time round too.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:32 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:20 pm

There are only 2 games..Hopefully Southgate will only play him in one of them.

Trouble is,the Czechs ALWAYS play the same XI,even if it's a bloody friendly.

More worrying for me is that Jamaica have 3 games in that period.Worst decision Antonio has EVER made..He would have been in the England squad this time round too.
Totally agreed as 3 are far too much in a space of 7 days and I hope Jamaica will not start Antonio but to come in 2nd half sub for 10 minutes or so. The Czech are getting weaker as they don't rested players during friendly game as they should as friendly is pointless than qualification stage.

Seriously I hope the FIFA will change format and put back 2 international games only like the pre-covid 19 and European United Nations games need to scrap as too many games.

h69

Post by h69 »

Soucek has only played 7 games so far for us (only 1 midweek) and had a rest for the Carabao Cup. How many did he play last season ?

I think he is fine. If anyone needs a restnit is Coufal. He was not going to play last week but Frederocks getting injured forced his hand.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I would play a strong team and try and win the group early.

Then give some of the youngsters some game time.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs 👍.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:56 pm I would play a strong team and try and win the group early.

Then give some of the youngsters some game time.
Agreed. If we go 2-0 up then we can make a few changes in this game as well.

palerider

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:10 pm Soucek has only played 7 games so far for us (only 1 midweek) and had a rest for the Carabao Cup. How many did he play last season ?

I think he is fine. If anyone needs a restnit is Coufal. He was not going to play last week but Frederocks getting injured forced his hand.
Coufal's a major doubt too.

Ben Johnson at right back it would seem.