Sullivan “150 million in debt”

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Sullivan “150 million in debt”

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:10 am
h69 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:41 am

Agreed. Chelsea's debt is astronomic.

As for Rice, there was a story this morning that Man Utd ate looking at Phillips now and so I hope he goes to Man City myself but it seems they are looking at Mbappe ! He will likely leave and we should not be held to ransom by him. Its up to him.
I think his intention, in declining an improved contract is clear. I suppose we can cling on to the hope that , if the club continue to make progress, he may decide to stay put, but I'd put the chances of that happening somewhere between slim and fantasy. However whilst Solskjaer remains in charge at Man United I might be tempted to argue that West Ham are as likely to provide the opportunity of trophies as the red side of Manchester.

I agree he would be a very good fit at Manchester City as a replacement for Fernandinho, although I still believe Chelsea is his most likely destination.
I would say Liverpool would be a good fit for Declan's skill set as he would be encouraged to develop his quarterbacking potential. However that only happens if Klopp is still at the helm.

And it was also fairly obvious nobody was prepared to pay £100M for Rice/Phillips in the summer,other priorities. And in Manchester United's case they wasted three-quarters of that amount, filling a position they didn't need to. And if they did,certainly not him...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:27 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:10 am

I think his intention, in declining an improved contract is clear. I suppose we can cling on to the hope that , if the club continue to make progress, he may decide to stay put, but I'd put the chances of that happening somewhere between slim and fantasy. However whilst Solskjaer remains in charge at Man United I might be tempted to argue that West Ham are as likely to provide the opportunity of trophies as the red side of Manchester.

I agree he would be a very good fit at Manchester City as a replacement for Fernandinho, although I still believe Chelsea is his most likely destination.
I would say Liverpool would be a good fit for Declan's skill set as he would be encouraged to develop his quarterbacking potential. However that only happens if Klopp is still at the helm.

And it was also fairly obvious nobody was prepared to pay £100M for Rice/Phillips in the summer,other priorities. And in Manchester United's case they wasted three-quarters of that amount, filling a position they didn't need to. And if they did,certainly not him...
But wouldn't a move to Liverpool put his skill set in jeopardy ? The moment he arrived in Self Pity City he would be targeted by the light fingered scallies for which the city is famed. His glittering skill set would, I fear, fall prey to those scallies who would have it away quicker than one could say "where's my giro". And young Declan, without his skill set, would be reduced to simple journeyman status, shuffling sadly along the banks of the Mersey, crying into his crystal meth, the delights of which he would undoubtedly succumb to in that city, and wondering where his promising career went.

No, it's the King's Road for him my friend. Unless Guardiola should come galloping over the horizon to tempt him northwards to wear a paler shade of blue.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

I thought PAI chief cheerleader Rio had been touting him for Man Utd all summer.

Mbappe is free in the summer so could be Mbappe and Rice into City. Only issue at City is Pep has said he is off at the end of his contract.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Can we keep where and when Declan is going to move to to the where Declan is going to move to thread.
What I would like to know is why OUR debt is always broadcast, we aren’t the only club in debt yet the only one in the news.

h69

Post by h69 »

only1salty wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:34 am I thought PAI chief cheerleader Rio had been touting him for Man Utd all summer.

Mbappe is free in the summer so could be Mbappe and Rice into City. Only issue at City is Pep has said he is off at the end of his contract.
I think City should go for Haaland because I am sure Mbappe claims to be a Real Madrid fan and wants to go there but it is true that Mbappe has been linked with the Etihad and players coming from Germany have not always been a success.

That said, Man Utd bought Jadon Sancho to play on the right and then played him on the left against us at OT last week so I have no idea what the fuck they are doing to be honest. They would probably play Dec on the wing. Solskjaer is unlikely to be successful.

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:58 am Can we keep where and when Declan is going to move to to the where Declan is going to move to thread.
What I would like to know is why OUR debt is always broadcast, we aren’t the only club in debt yet the only one in the news.
We aren't mate. Its probably only because we look out for our club but a couple of weeks ago I was reading an article about Chelsea being 1.3bn in debt. As was mentioned on here, as long as you can service that debt it is not a problem. Unfortunately that is where Barcelona, Inter and RM have failed

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:28 am
only1salty wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:34 am I thought PAI chief cheerleader Rio had been touting him for Man Utd all summer.

I think City should go for Haaland because I am sure Mbappe claims to be a Real Madrid fan and wants to go there but it is true that Mbappe has been linked with the Etihad and players coming from Germany have not always been a success.

That said, Man Utd bought Jadon Sancho to play on the right and then played him on the left against us at OT last week so I have no idea what the fuck they are doing to be honest. They would probably play Dec on the wing. Solskjaer is unlikely to be successful.
There have indeed been failures imported from Germany as we know to our cost. But City's recruits from the Bundesliga, Gundogan , deBruyne and the back up keeper Steffen have largely been successful. Even the departed Leroy Sane had a decent first season with them before losing his way. Imo Haaland would be a very good fit for City.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

garnett wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:58 am Can we keep where and when Declan is going to move to to the where Declan is going to move to thread.
I think on this occasion it was probably the dwarf himself, rather than the media at large, who pushed it into the news. Can't understand why everyone gets their fucking tights in such a tangle over debt anyway tbh.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:48 am
h69 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:28 am

There have indeed been failures imported from Germany as we know to our cost. But City's recruits from the Bundesliga, Gundogan , deBruyne and the back up keeper Steffen have largely been successful. Even the departed Leroy Sane had a decent first season with them before losing his way. Imo Haaland would be a very good fit for City.
Well its always a gamble. De Bruyne had time at Chelsea which helped him but IMO German football is not that good (Bayern aside) and that is shown by Werners total loss of form similar to Haller, Chicharito etc. This is a much harder and more physical league. Of course there are exceptions who can handle it like Gundogan but many cant. I think Haaland may be able to since he was a nordic player but it is a risk. Mbappe would probably not be that much of a risk but I am pretty sure he has his heart set on Real.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:21 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:48 am

Mbappe would probably not be that much of a risk but I am pretty sure he has his heart set on Real.
So has Fornals :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !