Sullivan “150 million in debt”

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Sullivan “150 million in debt”

Post by ToneLoc »

So, recently David Sullivan did an interview (below) stating that the club were £150 million in debt talking “Covid” etc etc…..
I wonder if this is a softening up move prior to a “sell Declan Rice and take up the option on Alex Kral” move??
Or someone else of approximate market value?

Whatever the reason, the little cunt seems keen to put the dampers on what’s been an extremely enjoyable start to the season.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.west ... ebt/%3famp
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

HammerJammer

Re: Sullivan “150 million in debt”

Post by HammerJammer »

Highly informative link. :?
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll

JayK

Post by JayK »

The debt isn’t helped by the interest fee they’re charging us for borrowing the money in the 1st place. Vile little vermin scumbag.

This story was also on that page. https://www.westhamzone.com/comment/wes ... ry-stance/
Made me chuckle :lol:
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

He could always pimp his bint out.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:55 pm The debt isn’t helped by the interest fee they’re charging us for borrowing the money in the 1st place. Vile little vermin scumbag.

This story was also on that page. https://www.westhamzone.com/comment/wes ... ry-stance/
I’m going to break the habit of a lifetime here and actually give mmmmm defend Sullivan a little bit here .

He (and his cohorts) actually invested a large sum , was it £40m ? , into a shares rights issue a few months ago .

I don’t know the figures exactly but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was roughly the amount they’d taken out in interest over the years .

Doesn’t make everything ok but it does mean that some if not all that interest has been reinvested into the club.

Just a thought .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:32 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:55 pm The debt isn’t helped by the interest fee they’re charging us for borrowing the money in the 1st place. Vile little vermin scumbag.

I’m going to break the habit of a lifetime here and actually give mmmmm defend Sullivan a little bit here .

He (and his cohorts) actually invested a large sum , was it £40m ? , into a shares rights issue a few months ago .

I don’t know the figures exactly but it wouldn’t surprise me if it was roughly the amount they’d taken out in interest over the years .

Doesn’t make everything ok but it does mean that some if not all that interest has been reinvested into the club.

Just a thought .
But that doesn’t fit in with my hate filled agenda :lol:
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Yes,they did lose money,but they made a lot more revenue last year from extra Broadcasting rights.

I know we aren't no Man U,but they nearly doubled their broadcasting money from the year before,so we must have done reasonably well there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58593589

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:20 pm So, recently David Sullivan did an interview (below) stating that the club were £150 million in debt talking “Covid” etc etc…..
I wonder if this is a softening up move prior to a “sell Declan Rice and take up the option on Alex Kral” move??

Whatever the reason, the little cunt seems keen to put the dampers on what’s been an extremely enjoyable start to the season.

Tbh Tone I'm fucked if I know why everyone keeps obsessing about debt. The vast majority of businesses run on debt and it only becomes an issue if the debt can't be serviced. I'm guessing every PL club carries a large debt and we're no exception. And of course we aren't the only club to lose revenue because of the no crowds rule. So why the dwarf keeps banging on about Covid as if we are the only club to have been affected by it beats me.

But as anyone with a mortgage knows interest rates are at historic lows right now and I'd guess it's safe to assume the money West Ham owe is at fairly low levels of interest. So what agenda the media has in continuing to bang on about the club's debt only they know. I don't think imminent financial meltdown is likely.

As for Declan Rice I think we're all assuming he'll be off in the summer. If he continues to decline the offer of a new contract it will be sensible to sell him then rather than hold on to him and allow his contract to run down and, with it, his transfer value. We'd all like to see him have a change of heart and sign on the dotted line but, at the end of the day, it's his decision and if he doesn't want to do it his departure is inevitable.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:16 am
ToneLoc wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:20 pm So, recently David Sullivan did an interview (below) stating that the club were £150 million in debt talking “Covid” etc etc…..

Tbh Tone I'm fucked if I know why everyone keeps obsessing about debt. The vast majority of businesses run on debt and it only becomes an issue if the debt can't be serviced. I'm guessing every PL club carries a large debt and we're no exception. And of course we aren't the only club to lose revenue because of the no crowds rule. So why the dwarf keeps banging on about Covid as if we are the only club to have been affected by it beats me.

But as anyone with a mortgage knows interest rates are at historic lows right now and I'd guess it's safe to assume the money West Ham owe is at fairly low levels of interest. So what agenda the media has in continuing to bang on about the club's debt only they know. I don't think imminent financial meltdown is likely.

As for Declan Rice I think we're all assuming he'll be off in the summer. If he continues to decline the offer of a new contract it will be sensible to sell him then rather than hold on to him and allow his contract to run down and, with it, his transfer value. We'd all like to see him have a change of heart and sign on the dotted line but, at the end of the day, it's his decision and if he doesn't want to do it his departure is inevitable.
Agreed. Chelsea's debt is astronomic.

As for Rice, there was a story this morning that Man Utd ate looking at Phillips now and so I hope he goes to Man City myself but it seems they are looking at Mbappe ! He will likely leave and we should not be held to ransom by him. Its up to him.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:41 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:16 am

Agreed. Chelsea's debt is astronomic.

As for Rice, there was a story this morning that Man Utd ate looking at Phillips now and so I hope he goes to Man City myself but it seems they are looking at Mbappe ! He will likely leave and we should not be held to ransom by him. Its up to him.
I think his intention, in declining an improved contract is clear. I suppose we can cling on to the hope that , if the club continue to make progress, he may decide to stay put, but I'd put the chances of that happening somewhere between slim and fantasy. However whilst Solskjaer remains in charge at Man United I might be tempted to argue that West Ham are as likely to provide the opportunity of trophies as the red side of Manchester.

I agree he would be a very good fit at Manchester City as a replacement for Fernandinho, although I still believe Chelsea is his most likely destination.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?