Protest on Sunday

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Protest on Saturday

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Thing is we can stamp our feet and scream and scream and much as we fucking well like,these two cunts won’t fuck off till they get what their after unfortunately.

h69

Post by h69 »

This is what they are protesting about. This is how I see it but it is my personal opinion as just a supporter.

This season is about as good as I've seen in the 40 years I have had a season ticket. We have a good team, a decent manager, a good recruitment policy and we spent some money yet they still want to march and it smacks of a group of people that are a bit self important.

Its only my opinion but is likely to be divisive. Maybe I dont expect so much from the club or that I am used to the way our owners have always been but while I go to a lot of games, I am just a humble supporter that wants to enjoy watching the team win occasionally. I am not looking to get into an argument with any HU members like I saw happen on here previously but I ask that they make every effort to stay away from the ground (incl the Directors entrance) so as to not make another toxic atmosphere. This is about the most unified I have seen the support and there is a feel good factor I would hate to lose.

I get people hate the owners and are blinded by this. I've never understood hatred when this is just sport but I do think that marching because of some of these topics are ludicrous,. As for GSB out. We all know that the only way you force someone to sell something is to offer something they cant refuse so maybe some of these guys need to put up or shut up as they keep saying we are ripe for acquisition but only one group has taken that anywhere and that was a land deal.

- The sale of the Boleyn Ground - What exactly are you going to do about this ? The old ground is gone
- The claims regarding the size of the season ticket waiting list - Whats the issue ? Who cares ? Its like Amazon saying 'only one left' to try and drive sales
- The interest paid on directors’ loans - loan interest was set when contracts were signed. Nothing more you can do about that. Where else was money coming from ?
- Neglect of the Green Street memorial gardens - Fair enough if that is still an issue !
- The redesign of the club crest - Oh FFS grow up. The crest changed a few times in our history, I dont remember ever being asked about it...who cares FFS ? Whats the chance everyone could agree on one design
- Leaks to unofficial websites - Far less of that going on since Moyes arrived but leaks will always happen and we are far from being the only club that do that....remember Martin Jol ?
- Opposion fans sold tickets in home sections - Absolutely impossible to stop. If a game goes to general sale then how do you decide ? I would like fans in opposition shirts to be stopped at security but there is a hint in the word general sale. And I know of WHU fans selling tickets to mates or putting them on scalping sites. I dont approve but it is legal. Personally I think the law should change here and it should be illegal to sell a ticket for above face value. It is a huge issue in the music industry
- The lack of transparency regarding away ticket allocation - Is this about the ballot because I never seem to have an issue getting away tickets and I go to most. Maybe people are moaning about corporate fans getting priority but that happens everywhere.
- The extoronate cost of the match day mascot package - Dont like it, dont buy it. Have they heard of supply and demand ? An item is worth only as much as people are willing to pay for it. If no-one buys it then they will reduce the fees
- Discounted replica kits only weeks after launch. - Are you arguing they should be list price for longer ? Surely if you want a deal, just wait a week or two and get it cheaper. Supply and demand.
- The redesign and supporter relocation in the new stands - I heard this was an issue and so fair enough though what can we do about all the issues when we moved in now ?
- The inconsiderate use of social media and other outlets from board members - I dont think it is so bad but we see this with players, staff and owners a lot......big deal, it does not hurt me but if you think you need to march over this then....
- Long queues due to enhanced security - I like enhanced security and we should use this to stop other teams fans wearing shirts, I dont generally have to queue that long to go over the bridge that goes past the Orbit but maybe people need to leave the pub earlier. Would you rather less security ?
- The betrayal of local businesses and stallholders - Fair enough but do the club own the area ?
- The labelling of supporters as “customers” - Better than being called Legacy supporters like they do at Chelsea and Liverpool :lol: That said, I dont remember her actually being referred to as a customer
- The farce of supporter advisory boards created by the club - The ones you refused to begin a room with because you sulked and wanted to be the only ones involved.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:57 pm This is what they are protesting about. This is how I see it but it is my personal opinion as just a supporter.

This season is about as good as I've seen in the 40 years I have had a season ticket. We have a good team, a decent manager, a good recruitment policy and we spent some money yet they still want to march and it smacks of a group of people that are a bit self important.

Its only my opinion but is likely to be divisive. Maybe I dont expect so much from the club or that I am used to the way our owners have always been but while I go to a lot of games, I am just a humble supporter that wants to enjoy watching the team win occasionally. I am not looking to get into an argument with any HU members like I saw happen on here previously but I ask that they make every effort to stay away from the ground (incl the Directors entrance) so as to not make another toxic atmosphere. This is about the most unified I have seen the support and there is a feel good factor I would hate to lose.

I get people hate the owners and are blinded by this. I've never understood hatred when this is just sport but I do think that marching because of some of these topics are ludicrous,. As for GSB out. We all know that the only way you force someone to sell something is to offer something they cant refuse so maybe some of these guys need to put up or shut up as they keep saying we are ripe for acquisition but only one group has taken that anywhere and that was a land deal.

- The sale of the Boleyn Ground - What exactly are you going to do about this ? The old ground is gone
- The claims regarding the size of the season ticket waiting list - Whats the issue ? Who cares ? Its like Amazon saying 'only one left' to try and drive sales
- The interest paid on directors’ loans - loan interest was set when contracts were signed. Nothing more you can do about that. Where else was money coming from ?
- Neglect of the Green Street memorial gardens - Fair enough if that is still an issue !
- The redesign of the club crest - Oh FFS grow up. The crest changed a few times in our history, I dont remember ever being asked about it...who cares FFS ? Whats the chance everyone could agree on one design
- Leaks to unofficial websites - Far less of that going on since Moyes arrived but leaks will always happen and we are far from being the only club that do that....remember Martin Jol ?
- Opposion fans sold tickets in home sections - Absolutely impossible to stop. If a game goes to general sale then how do you decide ? I would like fans in opposition shirts to be stopped at security but there is a hint in the word general sale. And I know of WHU fans selling tickets to mates or putting them on scalping sites. I dont approve but it is legal. Personally I think the law should change here and it should be illegal to sell a ticket for above face value. It is a huge issue in the music industry
- The lack of transparency regarding away ticket allocation - Is this about the ballot because I never seem to have an issue getting away tickets and I go to most. Maybe people are moaning about corporate fans getting priority but that happens everywhere.
- The extoronate cost of the match day mascot package - Dont like it, dont buy it. Have they heard of supply and demand ? An item is worth only as much as people are willing to pay for it. If no-one buys it then they will reduce the fees
- Discounted replica kits only weeks after launch. - Are you arguing they should be list price for longer ? Surely if you want a deal, just wait a week or two and get it cheaper. Supply and demand.
- The redesign and supporter relocation in the new stands - I heard this was an issue and so fair enough though what can we do about all the issues when we moved in now ?
- The inconsiderate use of social media and other outlets from board members - I dont think it is so bad but we see this with players, staff and owners a lot......big deal, it does not hurt me but if you think you need to march over this then....
- Long queues due to enhanced security - I like enhanced security and we should use this to stop other teams fans wearing shirts, I dont generally have to queue that long to go over the bridge that goes past the Orbit but maybe people need to leave the pub earlier. Would you rather less security ?
- The betrayal of local businesses and stallholders - Fair enough but do the club own the area ?
- The labelling of supporters as “customers” - Better than being called Legacy supporters like they do at Chelsea and Liverpool :lol: That said, I dont remember her actually being referred to as a customer
- The farce of supporter advisory boards created by the club - The ones you refused to begin a room with because you sulked and wanted to be the only ones involved.
Good thought provoking post .

Have you ever sat on the SAB ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:19 pm Thing is we can stamp our feet and scream and scream and much as we fucking well like,these two cunts won’t fuck off till they get what their after unfortunately.
This exactly, we have always had shit owners.
These lot maybe the worst because of the lies, whether You believe them or not, they shouldn’t come out spouting shite if they can’t deliver.

I will defend anyone’s right to protest, March, sit in’s whatever. This protest though will have no affect at all, just hope that HU representative don’t call into Talkshite again, otherwise it will be dead in the water.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:19 pm Thing is we can stamp our feet and scream and scream and much as we fucking well like,these two cunts won’t fuck off till they get what their after unfortunately.
These lot maybe the worst because of the lies, whether You believe them or not, they shouldn’t come out spouting shite if they can’t deliver.

I will defend anyone’s right to protest, March, sit in’s whatever. This protest though will have no affect at all, just hope that HU representative don’t call into Talkshite again, otherwise it will be dead in the water.
You can always tell which teams have had crap results by listening to 15 or 20 minutes of Talk Sport phone ins on the Monday following the weekend's games. This season's only a few weeks old but we've already had , not necessarily in this order, callers in meltdown over Newcastle, Arsenal,, Spurs, Southampton, Man United and Leicester. The ones I've heard have had at least one caller from each of those clubs calling for the immediate removal of the manager.

And I didn't mention Everton whose fans were up in arms even before a ball was kicked when it was reported that Rafa Benitez was incoming.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:00 am
Towie wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:00 pm

You can always tell which teams have had crap results by listening to 15 or 20 minutes of Talk Sport phone ins on the Monday following the weekend's games. This season's only a few weeks old but we've already had , not necessarily in this order, callers in meltdown over Newcastle, Arsenal,, Spurs, Southampton, Man United and Leicester. The ones I've heard have had at least one caller from each of those clubs calling for the immediate removal of the manager.

And I didn't mention Everton whose fans were up in arms even before a ball was kicked when it was reported that Rafa Benitez was incoming.
The protest does seem to be going ahead on Sunday 12:00 nearest tube Pudding Mill Lane.

Apparently there is no truth that Greta Thunberg will be attending after wind-surfing down the Thames...the climate's not right for this,a spokesperson told the committee...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Hopefully all attending will stop off en route to spend and support local businesses in Upton Park area.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:31 am Hopefully all attending will stop off en route to spend and support local businesses in Upton Park area.
Of course. The marchers will no doubt proceed in an orderly and well disciplined fashion, munching on their pie, mash and green nasal secretion, as they make their pre match pilgrimage to Upton Park. They will then assemble in the Boleyn Pub for cocktails and canapes where the guest speaker, the Rt Hon Anton Ferdinand, will address them and explain the reasons behind PAI capital's decision not to proceed with their bid to acquire the club.

Rio couldn't make it because he's got a lucrative media contract to honour on Sundays and says he can't be arsed to prepare a speech for the occasion. Tony Cottee was unavailable for comment, although he was at pains to explain he hadn't received a penny from PAI.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:38 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:31 am Hopefully all attending will stop off en route to spend and support local businesses in Upton Park area.
Of course. The marchers will no doubt proceed in an orderly and well disciplined fashion, munching on their pie, mash and green nasal secretion, as they make their pre match pilgrimage to Upton Park. They will then assemble in the Boleyn Pub for cocktails and canapes where the guest speaker, the Rt Hon Anton Ferdinand, will address them and explain the reasons behind PAI capital's decision not to proceed with their bid to acquire the club.

Rio couldn't make it because he's got a lucrative media contract to honour on Sundays and says he can't be arsed to prepare a speech for the occasion. Tony Cottee was unavailable for comment, although he was at pains to explain he hadn't received a penny from PAI.
...as Tony Cottee's accountant reminded him, what you charge for your services is up to you but my costs are fixed,please find receipt of the last monthly invoice for 31 day schedule...

hd1

Post by hd1 »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:57 pm This is what they are protesting about. This is how I see it but it is my personal opinion as just a supporter.

goodpost:)