Protest on Sunday

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Protest on Saturday

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:22 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:57 pm This is what they are protesting about. This is how I see it but it is my personal opinion as just a supporter.

This season is about as good as I've seen in the 40 years I have had a season ticket. We have a good team, a decent manager, a good recruitment policy and we spent some money yet they still want to march and it smacks of a group of people that are a bit self important.

Its only my opinion but is likely to be divisive. Maybe I dont expect so much from the club or that I am used to the way our owners have always been but while I go to a lot of games, I am just a humble supporter that wants to enjoy watching the team win occasionally. I am not looking to get into an argument with any HU members like I saw happen on here previously but I ask that they make every effort to stay away from the ground (incl the Directors entrance) so as to not make another toxic atmosphere. This is about the most unified I have seen the support and there is a feel good factor I would hate to lose.

I get people hate the owners and are blinded by this. I've never understood hatred when this is just sport but I do think that marching because of some of these topics are ludicrous,. As for GSB out. We all know that the only way you force someone to sell something is to offer something they cant refuse so maybe some of these guys need to put up or shut up as they keep saying we are ripe for acquisition but only one group has taken that anywhere and that was a land deal.

- The sale of the Boleyn Ground - What exactly are you going to do about this ? The old ground is gone
- The claims regarding the size of the season ticket waiting list - Whats the issue ? Who cares ? Its like Amazon saying 'only one left' to try and drive sales
- The interest paid on directors’ loans - loan interest was set when contracts were signed. Nothing more you can do about that. Where else was money coming from ?
- Neglect of the Green Street memorial gardens - Fair enough if that is still an issue !
- The redesign of the club crest - Oh FFS grow up. The crest changed a few times in our history, I dont remember ever being asked about it...who cares FFS ? Whats the chance everyone could agree on one design
- Leaks to unofficial websites - Far less of that going on since Moyes arrived but leaks will always happen and we are far from being the only club that do that....remember Martin Jol ?
- Opposion fans sold tickets in home sections - Absolutely impossible to stop. If a game goes to general sale then how do you decide ? I would like fans in opposition shirts to be stopped at security but there is a hint in the word general sale. And I know of WHU fans selling tickets to mates or putting them on scalping sites. I dont approve but it is legal. Personally I think the law should change here and it should be illegal to sell a ticket for above face value. It is a huge issue in the music industry
- The lack of transparency regarding away ticket allocation - Is this about the ballot because I never seem to have an issue getting away tickets and I go to most. Maybe people are moaning about corporate fans getting priority but that happens everywhere.
- The extoronate cost of the match day mascot package - Dont like it, dont buy it. Have they heard of supply and demand ? An item is worth only as much as people are willing to pay for it. If no-one buys it then they will reduce the fees
- Discounted replica kits only weeks after launch. - Are you arguing they should be list price for longer ? Surely if you want a deal, just wait a week or two and get it cheaper. Supply and demand.
- The redesign and supporter relocation in the new stands - I heard this was an issue and so fair enough though what can we do about all the issues when we moved in now ?
- The inconsiderate use of social media and other outlets from board members - I dont think it is so bad but we see this with players, staff and owners a lot......big deal, it does not hurt me but if you think you need to march over this then....
- Long queues due to enhanced security - I like enhanced security and we should use this to stop other teams fans wearing shirts, I dont generally have to queue that long to go over the bridge that goes past the Orbit but maybe people need to leave the pub earlier. Would you rather less security ?
- The betrayal of local businesses and stallholders - Fair enough but do the club own the area ?
- The labelling of supporters as “customers” - Better than being called Legacy supporters like they do at Chelsea and Liverpool :lol: That said, I dont remember her actually being referred to as a customer
- The farce of supporter advisory boards created by the club - The ones you refused to begin a room with because you sulked and wanted to be the only ones involved.
Good thought provoking post .

Have you ever sat on the SAB ?
I did for a while during the last season at UP where my group worked on the idea of getting the retro programmes sorted out but they didnt give enough notice as to when they were meeting for me and I had a long drive over there plus I was spending quite a bit of time out of the country on business so I bailed out. I also used to find the MD (Angus Kinnear) a miserable fucker and he didnt want to be there. I believe he is now the chief exec at Leeds. The marketing lady Tara was nice though.

PS Sorry about the shit spelling in my post above but I didnt have my glasses on and so didnt notice the mess I made of some of it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

h69 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:57 pm This is what they are protesting about. This is how I see it but it is my personal opinion as just a supporter.

This season is about as good as I've seen in the 40 years I have had a season ticket. We have a good team, a decent manager, a good recruitment policy and we spent some money yet they still want to march and it smacks of a group of people that are a bit self important.

Its only my opinion but is likely to be divisive. Maybe I dont expect so much from the club or that I am used to the way our owners have always been but while I go to a lot of games, I am just a humble supporter that wants to enjoy watching the team win occasionally. I am not looking to get into an argument with any HU members like I saw happen on here previously but I ask that they make every effort to stay away from the ground (incl the Directors entrance) so as to not make another toxic atmosphere. This is about the most unified I have seen the support and there is a feel good factor I would hate to lose.

I get people hate the owners and are blinded by this. I've never understood hatred when this is just sport but I do think that marching because of some of these topics are ludicrous,. As for GSB out. We all know that the only way you force someone to sell something is to offer something they cant refuse so maybe some of these guys need to put up or shut up as they keep saying we are ripe for acquisition but only one group has taken that anywhere and that was a land deal.

- The sale of the Boleyn Ground - What exactly are you going to do about this ? The old ground is gone
- The claims regarding the size of the season ticket waiting list - Whats the issue ? Who cares ? Its like Amazon saying 'only one left' to try and drive sales
- The interest paid on directors’ loans - loan interest was set when contracts were signed. Nothing more you can do about that. Where else was money coming from ?
- Neglect of the Green Street memorial gardens - Fair enough if that is still an issue !
- The redesign of the club crest - Oh FFS grow up. The crest changed a few times in our history, I dont remember ever being asked about it...who cares FFS ? Whats the chance everyone could agree on one design
- Leaks to unofficial websites - Far less of that going on since Moyes arrived but leaks will always happen and we are far from being the only club that do that....remember Martin Jol ?
- Opposion fans sold tickets in home sections - Absolutely impossible to stop. If a game goes to general sale then how do you decide ? I would like fans in opposition shirts to be stopped at security but there is a hint in the word general sale. And I know of WHU fans selling tickets to mates or putting them on scalping sites. I dont approve but it is legal. Personally I think the law should change here and it should be illegal to sell a ticket for above face value. It is a huge issue in the music industry
- The lack of transparency regarding away ticket allocation - Is this about the ballot because I never seem to have an issue getting away tickets and I go to most. Maybe people are moaning about corporate fans getting priority but that happens everywhere.
- The extoronate cost of the match day mascot package - Dont like it, dont buy it. Have they heard of supply and demand ? An item is worth only as much as people are willing to pay for it. If no-one buys it then they will reduce the fees
- Discounted replica kits only weeks after launch. - Are you arguing they should be list price for longer ? Surely if you want a deal, just wait a week or two and get it cheaper. Supply and demand.
- The redesign and supporter relocation in the new stands - I heard this was an issue and so fair enough though what can we do about all the issues when we moved in now ?
- The inconsiderate use of social media and other outlets from board members - I dont think it is so bad but we see this with players, staff and owners a lot......big deal, it does not hurt me but if you think you need to march over this then....
- Long queues due to enhanced security - I like enhanced security and we should use this to stop other teams fans wearing shirts, I dont generally have to queue that long to go over the bridge that goes past the Orbit but maybe people need to leave the pub earlier. Would you rather less security ?
- The betrayal of local businesses and stallholders - Fair enough but do the club own the area ?
- The labelling of supporters as “customers” - Better than being called Legacy supporters like they do at Chelsea and Liverpool :lol: That said, I dont remember her actually being referred to as a customer
- The farce of supporter advisory boards created by the club - The ones you refused to begin a room with because you sulked and wanted to be the only ones involved.
goodpost:)

Albeit I'm an avid GSB out fan, that was a Good post

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:51 pm

goodpost:)

Albeit I'm an avid GSB out fan, that was a Good post
A lot of people would like to see the back of them Andy.. But most realise marching or letting off balloons isn’t going to have any effect. That post sums things up very well imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

This is from Hammers Utd's secretary when discussing the Independent Supporters club made up of all the different groups. It smacks of 'HU's way or the highway'

“Each group has its specific objectives,” Byrne adds. “What we didn’t want to lose was for individual groups to be able to pursue their objectives. Individual groups can still meet with the club for their goals but within it there are examples of some successful progress being made.

"In terms of whether the overall concept is a success, the construct is sound and the memorandum of understanding is thorough and has weight to it. But if you ask our members if it has achieved what they want, the jury is still out on that.

"That’s because, one, there are things our members want that the ISC can’t achieve and, two, there has historically been a lack of trust between supporters groups and the club. That takes time to build and for conversations to happen that are frank, open and honest around significant change it might take slightly longer at West Ham than at other football clubs.”

I would think that marching and calling for the owners to sell up is not going top help the trust between supporters groups and club.

[Credit : Football London]

whu

Post by whu »

Every business or project should have a mission stament or similar. If it's not for you, don't march. I do not like GSB but I fear the march at this time will be a bit lacklustre. All the old skool will turn out and numbers will be decent but nothing like before. Some supporters will always be principalled. Some will be guided by results alone. Some in the grey. Like all things in life, don't like/don't get involved. I wish the march success. GSB are not good long term leaders. They can make a huge margin on WHUFC and hand over to ambitious owners. New owners who have the drive and ambition for success and a higher margin. The two go hand in hand. As real entreponeurs know and do.... IRONS !!
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

h69

Post by h69 »

whu wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:20 pm Every business or project should have a mission stament or similar. If it's not for you, don't march. I do not like GSB but I fear the march at this time will be a bit lacklustre. All the old skool will turn out and numbers will be decent but nothing like before. Some supporters will always be principalled. Some will be guided by results alone. Some in the grey. Like all things in life, don't like/don't get involved. I wish the march success. GSB are not good long term leaders. They can make a huge margin on WHUFC and hand over to ambitious owners. New owners who have the drive and ambition for success and a higher margin. The two go hand in hand. As real entreponeurs know and do.... IRONS !!
I have no issue with groups having a mission statement but much of the rubbish that is theirs really does not warrant even moaning about let alone marching and some of it is pure hypocrisy.

We were not consulted on the badge FFS. When have we ever been ?

Mascots are too expensive but apparently kits are too cheap.
Club won't sit down and discuss issues with them but apparently they march shouting they want the owners out.

Utter bollocks. I keep hearing that they can sell the club to ambitious owners. Yet where are these ambitious owners and what have they offered ? Do you have some names so I can check how ambitious they are ?

They could also sell to groups like PAI.

399 people there today FFS

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:25 pm
whu wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:20 pm Every business or project should have a mission stament or similar. If it's not for you, don't march. I do not like GSB but I fear the march at this time will be a bit lacklustre. All the old skool will turn out and numbers will be decent but nothing like before. Some supporters will always be principalled. Some will be guided by results alone. Some in the grey. Like all things in life, don't like/don't get involved. I wish the march success. GSB are not good long term leaders. They can make a huge margin on WHUFC and hand over to ambitious owners. New owners who have the drive and ambition for success and a higher margin. The two go hand in hand. As real entreponeurs know and do.... IRONS !!
I have no issue with groups having a mission statement but much of the rubbish that is theirs really does not warrant even moaning about let alone marching and some of it is pure hypocrisy.

Club won't sit down and discuss issues with them but apparently they march shouting they want the owners out.

Utter bollocks. I keep hearing that they can sell the club to ambitious owners. Yet where are these ambitious owners and what have they offered ? Do you have some names so I can check how ambitious they are ?

No mention in the press takes the shine off the event - when's the next one

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Pretty fair summing up. Some people don’t seem to realise thar selling a multi million pound business is a little more complex than selling the wife’s second hand Renault on e-bay.

And having said that I expect to be considered a supporter of the board by certain people :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Bet the two pieces of shit are having a wry smile to themselves.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Pretty fair summing up. Some people don’t seem to realise thar selling a multi million pound business is a little more complex than selling the wife’s second hand Renault on e-bay.

And having said that I expect to be considered a supporter of the board by certain people :lol:
I need to correct myself. There was only about 200 there. Sorry for the misinformation.