Protest on Sunday

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Protest on Saturday

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:40 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Pretty fair summing up. Some people don’t seem to realise thar selling a multi million pound business is a little more complex than selling the wife’s second hand Renault on e-bay.

And having said that I expect to be considered a supporter of the board by certain people :lol:
I need to correct myself. There was only about 200 there. Sorry for the misinformation.
If the Gonz is running thin on material during international week, he could invite Bubbles on to HC to explain the new tactics by HU.

Or get Charlie to host the discussion who is the lurking hidden asset.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Protests are commensurate with how the team are performing when it boils down to it. And if only 400 turned up then that says it all. However sordid our owners are, if we do well then the crap that accompanies them is largely ignored.

The march pre-lockdown, which I was at had roughly 8000 I'd say. Because that team, carefully constructed by Mr Dead was fucking awful.

Moyes got us out of the doggie-do and continued his fine work last season.

But many more of that steaming pile of cack we saw yesterday and the numbers will be soaring.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:02 am
h69 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:40 am

I need to correct myself. There was only about 200 there. Sorry for the misinformation.
If the Gonz is running thin on material during international week, he could invite Bubbles on to HC to explain the new tactics by HU.

No old chap. Let's go highbrow. Real highbrow. I agree with the video concept but, hey, let's get Bubbles to explain exactly how he would propose to broker a sale to an "ambitious owner". FFS he could become our very own Amanda Stavely. But without the looks.

Being serious, it would be an interesting idea to get some of the protesters on to put forward their very own ideas on how to sell a multi million pound business.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:22 am Protests are commensurate with how the team are performing when it boils down to it. And if only 400 turned up then that says it all. However sordid our owners are, if we do well then the crap that accompanies them is largely ignored.

The march pre-lockdown, which I was at had roughly 8000 I'd say. Because that team, carefully constructed by Mr Dead was fucking awful.

But many more of that steaming pile of cack we saw yesterday and the numbers will be soaring.
Yeah because we really want to get a reputation for marching every time the team doesn't perform :roll:
Fucking hell, if that was a reason to march we would have marched when Greenwood and Lyall were here though neither would survive managing with our fanbase nowadays.

I still want to know who these ambitious owners are that Sullivan is apparently blocking from taking over.
I'd also like to know who was consulted in 83 when we changed the badge from one with a castle to one without. I wasn't that's for sure. I also was not consulted when the former owners turned down the site at Becton. Dont remember a march then.

Actually, you know what, my coffee was too hot at the stadium yesterday, I must march as it must be Sullivans fault.
Attachments
West-Ham-Logo-History-2.jpg
West-Ham-Logo-History-2.jpg (203.63 KiB) Viewed 836 times

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:59 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:02 am

No old chap. Let's go highbrow. Real highbrow. I agree with the video concept but, hey, let's get Bubbles to explain exactly how he would propose to broker a sale to an "ambitious owner". FFS he could become our very own Amanda Stavely. But without the looks.

Being serious, it would be an interesting idea to get some of the protesters on to put forward their very own ideas on how to sell a multi million pound business.
I had to look up who Amanda Stavely is - on the off chance she was a licentious controversial figure - and confident now, that she is and she isn't, then I agree with your lateral thinking.

And looking at the pool of HC presenters then Becky seems the obvious candidate or did you fancy the Gonz in a wig and lipstick. Charlie I can see but you rarely find pinball wizards in drag.

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:01 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:59 am

I had to look up who Amanda Stavely is - on the off chance she was a licentious controversial figure - and confident now, that she is and she isn't, then I agree with your lateral thinking.

And looking at the pool of HC presenters then Becky seems the obvious candidate or did you fancy the Gonz in a wig and lipstick. Charlie I can see but you rarely find pinball wizards in drag.
:lol: :lol: You crack me up BD

palerider

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:12 am
palerider wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:22 am Protests are commensurate with how the team are performing when it boils down to it. And if only 400 turned up then that says it all. However sordid our owners are, if we do well then the crap that accompanies them is largely ignored.

Yeah because we really want to get a reputation for marching every time the team doesn't perform :roll:
Fucking hell, if that was a reason to march we would have marched when Greenwood and Lyall were here though neither would survive managing with our fanbase nowadays.

I still want to know who these ambitious owners are that Sullivan is apparently blocking from taking over.
I'd also like to know who was consulted in 83 when we changed the badge from one with a castle to one without. I wasn't that's for sure. I also was not consulted when the former owners turned down the site at Becton. Dont remember a march then.

Actually, you know what, my coffee was too hot at the stadium yesterday, I must march as it must be Sullivans fault.
You should.

Where there's blame there's a claim.

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:23 pm
h69 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:25 pm

I have no issue with groups having a mission statement but much of the rubbish that is theirs really does not warrant even moaning about let alone marching and some of it is pure hypocrisy.

We were not consulted on the badge FFS. When have we ever been ?

Mascots are too expensive but apparently kits are too cheap.
Club won't sit down and discuss issues with them but apparently they march shouting they want the owners out.

Utter bollocks. I keep hearing that they can sell the club to ambitious owners. Yet where are these ambitious owners and what have they offered ? Do you have some names so I can check how ambitious they are ?

They could also sell to groups like PAI.

399 people there today FFS
Pretty fair summing up. Some people don’t seem to realise thar selling a multi million pound business is a little more complex than selling the wife’s second hand Renault on e-bay.

And having said that I expect to be considered a supporter of the board by certain people :lol:
You and h69 have got it right i think. Cant sell something if no ones buying. Cany put an ad in the paper saying football club for sale can you.