Newcastle Takeover

Chat about anything football related here!
hd1

Re: Newcastle Takeover

Post by hd1 »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:52 pm I really don't think the owners have any sort of plan on the footballing side of thing.,so I think it will take Newcastle a lot longer than it took Chelsea or City to win the PL.

Can't see them winning it in the next 5 years.They should lift a trophy and make CL Football by 2026 though.

If I was the owner,I would get my arses over to Ajax and get Eric ten Hag(Manager),Marc Overmars(Director of Football) and make Edwin van der Sar their CEO.Proper Football people that know their jobs and let them build.
I agree with your first point Tel, however the three mentioned are successful because they know Dutch football inside out. Replicating that in the Prem where they have no managerial experience is a very big ask.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:39 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:52 pm I really don't think the owners have any sort of plan on the footballing side of thing.,so I think it will take Newcastle a lot longer than it took Chelsea or City to win the PL.

Can't see them winning it in the next 5 years.They should lift a trophy and make CL Football by 2026 though.

If I was the owner,I would get my arses over to Ajax and get Eric ten Hag(Manager),Marc Overmars(Director of Football) and make Edwin van der Sar their CEO.Proper Football people that know their jobs and let them build.
I agree with your first point Tel, however the three mentioned are successful because they know Dutch football inside out. Replicating that in the Prem where they have no managerial experience is a very big ask.
And Ajax is a very different animal to Newcastle. Every Dutch kid wants to play for Ajax whereas in England every Geordie kid wants to play for Newcastle but kids in other parts of the country look towards Liverpool, Manchester or West London.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Allardyce.JPG
Allardyce.JPG (43.56 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:27 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:46 am

I’m not saying you’re wrong or that it won’t happen, but surely surely everyone should be awake to the especially average one now.
Fonseca to be announced as manager this weekend apparently.

I don't know much about him but he'll be an upgrade on the Elephant Man.

The rights and wrongs of the takeover aside, he's got a tough job, especially until January 1st. There'll probably be a lift to begin with but if they're still in the shit by the time the window reopens it will only be money or loans that will tempt anyone half decent to the North East. As nice as it is in places, London or Liverpool / Manchester is where most want to play.

Mourinho is a dinosaur now. Although I wouldn't bet against some mugs in the PL giving him a gig in the future.
I was hoping they would employ Tim Sherwood...looks good in a half gilet. And if they want a bit of style - and who doesn't - what about that lay geordie Scotty Parker ? A walking sponsorship manniquin if ever there was one. Plus he has great hair and probably ticks all Amanda's boxes when it comes to meeting and greeting.

Fonseca has a certain princely charm and oozes cosmopolitan urbanity being born in Mozambique. Bob Dylan wrote a lovely song about the place.
And as well as speaking portugese and a smattering of arabic, he can probably hold his own in a room of many tongues. Amanda enjoys the many tongues skillset. If he turns up for the interview rocking a designer beard,he's got the job.

You don't get this type of insight from the One Football App...

palerider

Post by palerider »

Again I'm not getting into the footballing side of this business.

And I'm certainly not a fan of those involved. Having lived in the area I found them mostly whiny twats.

But a banner in the Holmesdale end at Palarse yesterday highlighted what goes on in Saudi Arabia. Yet Croydon plod are investigating and may take legal action after talking to Croydon council.

If any of the statements were lies then fair enough, but I couldn't see anything on the banner that wasn't fact.

Woke arseholes.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The Saudis have always been smug cunts living with impunity for fucking years.
Their vast wealth outweighs everything the fuckers stand for.
Scum.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:24 am The Saudis have always been smug cunts living with impunity for fucking years.
Scum.
Imagine if the Hungarian government had bought a club. Because let's be honest, that's what's happened here. A country has bought a PL club and the PL has displayed four white feathers for their 30 pieces of silver.

And with the Hungarian stance on illegal immigrants, what would the response have been from plod if say Leicester, with a large Asian population, were playing that club at the King Power and an anti-Orban banner was unfurled ?

Answers on a postcard to....

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:57 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:24 am The Saudis have always been smug cunts living with impunity for fucking years.
Scum.
Imagine if the Hungarian government had bought a club. Because let's be honest, that's what's happened here. A country has bought a PL club and the PL has displayed four white feathers for their 30 pieces of silver.

And with the Hungarian stance on illegal immigrants, what would the response have been from plod if say Leicester, with a large Asian population, were playing that club at the King Power and an anti-Orban banner was unfurled ?

Answers on a postcard to....
We could ask the question does it matter ? Harrods is owned by Qatar Investment Authority and someone could say, well it's only a shop in Knightsbridge. It's not a football club in the North East is it.

However in net income terms,they are both about the same. Complaining about who owns what, is a bit of a fools enterprise in a capitalist economy.

Even Fred West owned a house - ok,they demolished that building because...nasty naughty bricks, have to be taught a lesson as well.

And if your going to mount a protest,why not have two. Proud and Palace, the club's official lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender supporters group, also protested on Saturday

Presumably they don't like the fact that the Saudi's don't promote gay orgies within the kingdom. Get over yourselves, Greece is nearer anyway.

And anyway the Palace Insulate supporters group are against all air travel unless it's absolutely essential.So that puts both groups in their place, thankyou very much. Honestly some fucking people...