Newcastle Takeover

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Newcastle Takeover

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:51 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:34 pm Will we all get to see a return to the prem of the changing room losing great one soon?

I hope so
Hope no more mega-rich Arab buying English clubs as now 5 clubs are far too strong against us in Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and possibly Newcastle (after 2 or 3 seasons later) as those 5 games are losable ones whether we are at home or away and only a very rare game to get a draw if referee send off one of their player or during their rare off-day. Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton are the next in line that we win just a very few times, drawing few but quite a lot of defeat, mainly against Arsenal. That usually in a season we lose to those 5 teams plus 1/2 losses to the next 3 which we will get an average of 13 to 14 losses per season.

Only 1 manager that beat any teams in the world quite easily is Pep Guardiola. No other manager are close to his fantastic record with Klopp and Tuchel the next 2 best managers If Newcastle get Foncesca, will he be a top manager? Does he know how the PL works and what kind of training and recruitments staff he will bring?

West Ham manager Moyes is clearly getting better and he brought in top recruitment staff from Man City, excellent training/fitness coaches which is MORE important than buying top players to be stronger as NOT all top players are successful. Moyes started to know how Pep Guardiola work and he followed that example quietly by getting all the excellent staffs around him and getting the younger, hunger players in. Pep Guardiola told the press that he was very impress how David Moyes is building at West Ham and he said that Man City find West Ham very tough to break down.

Hope West Ham will try to edge closer to the top 5 most difficult teams to try to get as many points as we can in a hard way. Remember Wimbledon? They did that in late 1980s, beating the mighty Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool quite a lot of times as Wimbledon budget is absolutely so small compared to the big teams.
I actually think Newcastle fans are going to be disappointed before they come close to tasting any sort of success. It's going to be very hard to attract players of talent to help in a relegation struggle. Not to mention a manager ffs. Whoever comes in is going to inherit a very mediocre squad, filled with players who know they are not going to be there long term, and stuck in the relegation zone.

If someone offered me the job I'd take it. You probably would to. Because we've got no reputations to lose and an outside chance of making a name for ourselves. But a top name ? Doubtful imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 am
Ibbyham wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:51 pm

Hope no more mega-rich Arab buying English clubs as now 5 clubs are far too strong against us in Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd and possibly Newcastle (after 2 or 3 seasons later) as those 5 games are losable ones whether we are at home or away and only a very rare game to get a draw if referee send off one of their player or during their rare off-day. Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton are the next in line that we win just a very few times, drawing few but quite a lot of defeat, mainly against Arsenal. That usually in a season we lose to those 5 teams plus 1/2 losses to the next 3 which we will get an average of 13 to 14 losses per season.

Only 1 manager that beat any teams in the world quite easily is Pep Guardiola. No other manager are close to his fantastic record with Klopp and Tuchel the next 2 best managers If Newcastle get Foncesca, will he be a top manager? Does he know how the PL works and what kind of training and recruitments staff he will bring?

West Ham manager Moyes is clearly getting better and he brought in top recruitment staff from Man City, excellent training/fitness coaches which is MORE important than buying top players to be stronger as NOT all top players are successful. Moyes started to know how Pep Guardiola work and he followed that example quietly by getting all the excellent staffs around him and getting the younger, hunger players in. Pep Guardiola told the press that he was very impress how David Moyes is building at West Ham and he said that Man City find West Ham very tough to break down.

Hope West Ham will try to edge closer to the top 5 most difficult teams to try to get as many points as we can in a hard way. Remember Wimbledon? They did that in late 1980s, beating the mighty Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool quite a lot of times as Wimbledon budget is absolutely so small compared to the big teams.
I actually think Newcastle fans are going to be disappointed before they come close to tasting any sort of success. It's going to be very hard to attract players of talent to help in a relegation struggle. Not to mention a manager ffs. Whoever comes in is going to inherit a very mediocre squad, filled with players who know they are not going to be there long term, and stuck in the relegation zone.

If someone offered me the job I'd take it. You probably would to. Because we've got no reputations to lose and an outside chance of making a name for ourselves. But a top name ? Doubtful imo.
Who ever become a Newcastle manager, will find not easy to be with the owner as pressure is big, and to reach top 4 next season or so is very hard to break, even if they splash the cash on top players but NOT all top player are successful. Newcastle will be a top 6 side in near future but so does another 8 clubs including us if Moyes stayed so it could go anywhere as Arsenal aren't finding the league easy as 10 years ago as more teams with cash-rich owners, then they are likely to struggle. After a couple of seasons, most big clubs will find it harder to stay top 6.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:56 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:25 am

Who ever become a Newcastle manager, will find not easy to be with the owner as pressure is big, and to reach top 4 next season or so is very hard to break, even if they splash the cash on top players but NOT all top player are successful. Newcastle will be a top 6 side in near future but so does another 8 clubs including us if Moyes stayed so it could go anywhere as Arsenal aren't finding the league easy as 10 years ago as more teams with cash-rich owners, then they are likely to struggle. After a couple of seasons, most big clubs will find it harder to stay top 6.
Imo there's not a big 6 any more. There's a big 4, if you include Man United simply because of the name, or a big 3 if you leave them out. City, Chelsea and Liverpool are streets ahead of the others.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:31 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:56 am

Imo there's not a big 6 any more. There's a big 4, if you include Man United simply because of the name, or a big 3 if you leave them out. City, Chelsea and Liverpool are streets ahead of the others.
True, Arsenal, Man Utd and Tottenham aren't that great and that give us opportunity to break into top 4 but that is still miles away and we are trying to bridge the gap. The only different between Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea that they have 3 top managers in the world that has a very large winning % but teams of Man Utd, Arsenal and Tottenham has average manager. Newcastle will be one of them if they selected Foncesca hence why West Ham rejected him in the first instance because Foncesca has no PL experience, whether his training coaches is strong enough.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Apparently the plan is to appoint an English manager with suitable experience - of getting out of the shit and working with a load of lazy sods - until the end of season and then go BIG.

So who fits that profile ? Eddie Howe,Roy Hodgson,Chris WilderFrank Lampard (small joke) - exciting times for the toon army

Whoever rocks in, it's 3 points at the LS when we play them at home ;)

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:59 pm Apparently the plan is to appoint an English manager with suitable experience - of getting out of the shit and working with a load of lazy sods - until the end of season and then go BIG.

So who fits that profile ? Eddie Howe,Roy Hodgson,Chris WilderFrank Lampard (small joke) - exciting times for the toon army

Whoever rocks in, it's 3 points at the LS when we play them at home ;)
Allardyce is a perfect fit but he’s been there before and they don’t want him back
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I really don't think the owners have any sort of plan on the footballing side of thing.,so I think it will take Newcastle a lot longer than it took Chelsea or City to win the PL.

Can't see them winning it in the next 5 years.They should lift a trophy and make CL Football by 2026 though.

If I was the owner,I would get my arses over to Ajax and get Eric ten Hag(Manager),Marc Overmars(Director of Football) and make Edwin van der Sar their CEO.Proper Football people that know their jobs and let them build.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

There's only one that fits the profile here......can only produce when there is money in abundance to buy the title....and then fuck up.. enter Jose mourinho

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:00 pm There's only one that fits the profile here......can only produce when there is money in abundance to buy the title....and then fuck up.. enter Jose mourinho
I’m not saying you’re wrong or that it won’t happen, but surely surely everyone should be awake to the especially average one now.

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:46 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:00 pm There's only one that fits the profile here......can only produce when there is money in abundance to buy the title....and then fuck up.. enter Jose mourinho
I’m not saying you’re wrong or that it won’t happen, but surely surely everyone should be awake to the especially average one now.
Fonseca to be announced as manager this weekend apparently.

I don't know much about him but he'll be an upgrade on the Elephant Man.

The rights and wrongs of the takeover aside, he's got a tough job, especially until January 1st. There'll probably be a lift to begin with but if they're still in the shit by the time the window reopens it will only be money or loans that will tempt anyone half decent to the North East. As nice as it is in places, London or Liverpool / Manchester is where most want to play.

Mourinho is a dinosaur now. Although I wouldn't bet against some mugs in the PL giving him a gig in the future.