Newcastle Takeover

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Newcastle Takeover

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:39 am Oh, surprise surprise. The moment the Saudi government. or more particularly Mohammad Bin Salman, started exerting pressure on the UK government by saying UK- Saudi relations could be damaged if the takeover didn't happen, the deal was going to go through. The Premier League, F A, Daniel Levy and anybody else can jump up and down and stamp their little feet as much as they like but if anybody thinks the PL won't dance to whatever tune the government tell them to dance to they are very mistaken.

The next giant swerve will almost certainly be a reversal of the hastily concocted sponsorship rule. I suspect conversations suggesting certain trade agreements could be jeopatdised unless this ruling is overturned are already at an advanced stage in the corridors of power in London and Riyadh. Money doesn't only talk in football, it has a very loud voice in every part of life, and there is no way any government is going to upset a major trade partner. Back in the days of good ole' George "Dubbya" Bush when he told Blair to jump. he jumped. No different this time. Make no mistake if the Sheikhs tell Boris to jump he will ask them "how high shall I jump your highness ?"
As Dylan said 'money doesn't talk it swears'

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

It would appear that Shirley Crabtrees been sacked.

Who'd have thought it.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Utterly disgrace of Newcastle to sack Bruce.

He was a fine coach for them and deserve respect. He is a Newcastle through and through. Should have given him 3 years contract if I owned Newcastle.
All clubs has bad start, even at West Ham but patience is key to success.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Personally never rated Bruce as a manager. He’s taken quite a few teams down from the prem and not sure he got any promoted to it. Was a cheap and poor appointment by Newcastle but then they had a very good track record of such appointments under Mike Ashley.

As for a successor, I have no idea. Looks like every manager and his dog have been linked to the job
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:45 am Utterly disgrace of Newcastle to sack Bruce.

He was a fine coach for them and deserve respect. He is a Newcastle through and through. Should have given him 3 years contract if I owned Newcastle.
I'm inclined to lean to the view that if as reported, Steve Bruce will receive a £7M payout - then both parties achieved what they wanted.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Was always a dead man walking for quite a time so no big surprise ,the handsome payout should he wish be used for liposuction will come in handy.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:15 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:45 am Utterly disgrace of Newcastle to sack Bruce.

I'm inclined to lean to the view that if as reported, Steve Bruce will receive a £7M payout - then both parties achieved what they wanted.
Hope Newcastle will get Sam Allardyce. :lol: :lol:

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:20 pm Was always a dead man walking for quite a time so no big surprise ,the handsome payout should he wish be used for liposuction will come in handy.
Hope they will get Sam Allardyce as he is a freebie. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:26 pm
So does he...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:26 pm
They had him once before didn't they ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?