Newcastle Takeover

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Newcastle Takeover

Post by Towie »

palerider wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:46 am The PL clubs voted 18-1 for a temporary freeze on sponsoship deals linked to the clubs' owners yesterday.

Newcastle voted against :lol: Citeh abstained.

Sponsorship deals of this nature, including stadium naming rights, have for a while now been a way to get around FFP rules.

That puts paid to us having 'Dirty Daphne's Dildos' helping us buy a new striker in January then.

I think you will find it is ‘dirty Daphnes Dildos’ we are offering for our next striker.

Grays Athletic chairman is mulling over the deal.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Another bit of news is that the woke warriors are demanding that Toon fans stop wearing tea towels over their bonces as it 'stereotypes' Arabs.

FFS !

They'll be asking them to stop stoning people next.

Fucking world's gone mad.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:29 pm Another bit of news is that the woke warriors are demanding that Toon fans stop wearing tea towels over their bonces as it 'stereotypes' Arabs.

FFS !

Sad times indeed my learned friend.
I used to look forward to a days hanging session, Dressing up as Zorro, now we're lucky if we get two a week!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:25 pm
HamstasParadise wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:16 pm It is most likely his last at Newcastle, but congratulations to Steve Bruce on his thousandth game as a manager. That’s not easy, and he won more than he lost.
In all seriousness it does prove that the mediocre can make a very good living from football. In what other industry ?
Journalism ?

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:12 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:25 pm

In all seriousness it does prove that the mediocre can make a very good living from football. In what other industry ?
Journalism ?
Politics
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:39 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:29 pm Another bit of news is that the woke warriors are demanding that Toon fans stop wearing tea towels over their bonces as it 'stereotypes' Arabs.

FFS !

I used to look forward to a days hanging session, Dressing up as Zorro, now we're lucky if we get two a week!
A good friend of mine from back in the day, Wee Geordie McAllistair, has been getting gyp from his Mrs for years for coming back wankered after watching the Toon and the takeover inspired him to buy a curved Saracen scimitar. He'd written to PIF and they'd given him permission to behead her on the centre spot.

But some namby-pamby friend of hers got wind of it and he's in custody.

Honestly. Fucking snowflakes.

Half time entertainment's gone right downhill and no mistake !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:39 pm

A good friend of mine from back in the day, Wee Geordie McAllistair, has been getting gyp from his Mrs for years for coming back wankered after watching the Toon and the takeover inspired him to buy a curved Saracen scimitar. He'd written to PIF and they'd given him permission to behead her on the centre spot.

A fine piece of work the scimitar.
I've only had the pleasure of using one once, on an elderly bint who won £20 on a scratch card in front of me at Haroons corner emporium. Needless to say I beheaded the crone outside with one blow, did a few keepie upies with her bonce and dispatched her head in to a nearby recycling bin with a volley Antonio would've been proud of.
No sense of fun these woke bastards.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:44 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:07 pm

A fine piece of work the scimitar.
I've only had the pleasure of using one once, on an elderly bint who won £20 on a scratch card in front of me at Haroons corner emporium. Needless to say I beheaded the crone outside with one blow, did a few keepie upies with her bonce and dispatched her head in to a nearby recycling bin with a volley Antonio would've been proud of.
No sense of fun these woke bastards.
:lol: :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia is Mohammed bin Salman. This is fact.

PIF, the group that took over Newcastle have 80% of the shares. It's chairman is ? .......you've guessed it.

And according to reliable sources in the PL, Richard Masters, the Chief Executive, rushed through the takeover without any consultation with other clubs at the instigation of the government. Who are desperate for trade deals outside the EU. The same government that was involved in lengthy discussions with India over a lucrative trade deal and failed to add them to the red list of covid countries for three long weeks as the plague spread.

I'm not going to get on some moral high horse. Our own deal to rent the ILS, high-speed transport links and all, is very financially beneficial to all concerned, as long as you support West Ham. And our own owners have accumulated their wealth through smut. No suggestion of human rights issues in the manufacture of crotchless knickers I hasten to add.

But at least it's in the open. To suggest that the Saudi Government has nothing to do with Newcastle Utd is like saying Rose West knew nothing about Fred's gardening enthusiasm.

But now the PL, again, if I'm reading it right, are trying to backtrack, again with government advice, with the sponsorship ban which may be legally enforceable or may not. I'm not a sports lawyer.

Because 18 PL clubs voted against, which is unprecedented. And Masters didn't see that coming.

Again, don't believe for a moment it was because of appalling human rights issues. It's because they don't want the Toon buying the league, which, let's face it, Blackburn did all those years ago. But it was all more convivial times back then and money had only just started running the game.

How it will end up. who knows ?

But the game sold it's soul years ago. Qatar will be next after the World Cup. Lots of expensive empty stadia doing fuck-all.

Four extra PL games per season per team in the desert anyone ?

It's all in the best possible taste, as Kenny Everett used to say.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Oh, surprise surprise. The moment the Saudi government. or more particularly Mohammad Bin Salman, started exerting pressure on the UK government by saying UK- Saudi relations could be damaged if the takeover didn't happen, the deal was going to go through. The Premier League, F A, Daniel Levy and anybody else can jump up and down and stamp their little feet as much as they like but if anybody thinks the PL won't dance to whatever tune the government tell them to dance to they are very mistaken.

The next giant swerve will almost certainly be a reversal of the hastily concocted sponsorship rule. I suspect conversations suggesting certain trade agreements could be jeopatdised unless this ruling is overturned are already at an advanced stage in the corridors of power in London and Riyadh. Money doesn't only talk in football, it has a very loud voice in every part of life, and there is no way any government is going to upset a major trade partner. Back in the days of good ole' George "Dubbya" Bush when he told Blair to jump. he jumped. No different this time. Make no mistake if the Sheikhs tell Boris to jump he will ask them "how high shall I jump your highness ?"
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?