Newcastle Takeover

Chat about anything football related here!
jameskel

Re: Newcastle Takeover

Post by jameskel »

Would everybody really enjoy supporting a team, where any player could be bought, if he wanted to come?

All I want, is an owner who spends a reasonable amount, each year. Anything else and its like supporting the Harlem Globetrotters
Covid in the Boardroom

palerider

Post by palerider »

jameskel wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:25 pm Would everybody really enjoy supporting a team, where any player could be bought, if he wanted to come?

All I want, is an owner who spends a reasonable amount, each year. Anything else and its like supporting the Harlem Globetrotters
When Etihad took over City there were loads who said they'd lost their soul. I suspect they're back on board now. And it would be the same with West Ham, not that it's likely to happen.

But the 'if he wanted to come' is the most relevant. As the BBC have written today. 'as the lager dries on the steps of St.James Park. the realisation will be that Newcastle are still 19th in the table. And can't sign anyone until January.'

Yes, Bruce will go....soon. But who will come in ? Rodgers is the early favourite but he's already got a good job.

A hard sell convincing M'Bappe the unique delight of a relegation fight. Their next match will be interesting. At home to the hook-nosed filth. With a huge feel good factor. But much as I have nothing against Toon fans and loathe the vermin with a passion, a Spuds win would be kind of amusing.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The Gonz gets into the murky areas of ethics and finds the smell not to his liking.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:20 pm The Gonz gets into the murky areas of ethics and finds the smell not to his liking.

I live in the murky area of ethics
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:33 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:20 pm The Gonz gets into the murky areas of ethics and finds the smell not to his liking.

I live in the murky area of ethics
...said Chris Eubank

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Seems there are some very damp knickers in some club boardrooms. The cynic in me says it might be self interest but as the clubs mentioned are some of those who were involved in the ESL project let';s be charitable and assume their concerns are genuine. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ivals.html
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Several pieces in the papers today about the takeover, the best imo from our old mate Oliver (I hate West Ham) Holt. Who's a smarmy cunt, but his missive in the Mail on Sunday is spot on. Detailing the attrocities that the Saudi government has carried out. And BJ lets us sell arms to them ffs. And to those who say the investment outfit who bought them have nothing to do with the Saudi government, open the curtains to see the flying elephants.

At least Alan Shearer has urged Toon fans not to be blind about what's going on in Saudi. But once the wins start arriving let's see how smug he'll be in the MOTD studio.

And there's a piece too about the pathetic virtue signalling that pervades our national game from race issues to gay rights. Yet not one of the potential commentators from the BBC or ITV, who have the TV rights, have spoken out against Qatar, with their apalling human rights records, and if they'll boycott going. Did Qatar buy the World Cup and bribe the likes of Blatter and Platini ?

Do bears shit in the woods ?

But Saint Gary Lineker earns 1.9m a year from the Beeb. Gary Neville, Gaby Logan. Graeme Souness and Alex Scott have all also issued a firm 'no comment' on their attendance in the desert next winter.

The FA, the PL and FIFA just love money and lots of it. Whoever provides it is welcomed with open arms. Irrespective of their history. It's making David Sullivan look like a bona fide fit and proper person.

It's a shame Fred West croaked. He could easily have had a construction empire worth millions now. For all of his minor misdemeanors I'm told he was actually a decent builder.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:59 am Several pieces in the papers today about the takeover, the best imo from our old mate Oliver (I hate West Ham) Holt. Who's a smarmy cunt, but his missive in the Mail on Sunday is spot on. Detailing the attrocities that the Saudi government has carried out. And BJ lets us sell arms to them ffs. And to those who say the investment outfit who bought them have nothing to do with the Saudi government, open the curtains to see the flying elephants.

At least Alan Shearer has urged Toon fans not to be blind about what's going on in Saudi. But once the wins start arriving let's see how smug he'll be in the MOTD studio.

And there's a piece too about the pathetic virtue signalling that pervades our national game from race issues to gay rights. Yet not one of the potential commentators from the BBC or ITV, who have the TV rights, have spoken out against Qatar, with their apalling human rights records, and if they'll boycott going. Did Qatar buy the World Cup and bribe the likes of Blatter and Platini ?

But Saint Gary Lineker earns 1.9m a year from the Beeb. Gary Neville, Gaby Logan. Graeme Souness and Alex Scott have all also issued a firm 'no comment' on their attendance in the desert next winter.

The FA, the PL and FIFA just love money and lots of it. Whoever provides it is welcomed with open arms. Irrespective of their history. It's making David Sullivan look like a bona fide fit and proper person.

It's a shame Fred West croaked. He could easily have had a construction empire worth millions now. For all of his minor misdemeanors I'm told he was actually a decent builder.
Is it worth worrying about Saudia Arabia ethics when the economic motivations are the things that bind us together. If new investment arrives in the north east and this raises environment standards with regeneration projects then some lives will be improved. So for some people it's a good thing.

Worrying where the source of that money originated, is like turning down a bank loan because that money grew from Mexican drug cartel deposits.

Being sniffy and pious makes no sense. Take the blood money and turn it into clean living is what I say.

However it's horses for courses, so regards Qatar hosting world cups, nah, naff idea. Take their dough (always) but don't hold prestigious events in primitive countries. That makes everyone look feeble minded.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:01 am
palerider wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:59 am Several pieces in the papers today about the takeover, the best imo from our old mate Oliver (I hate West Ham) Holt. Who's a smarmy cunt, but his missive in the Mail on Sunday is spot on. Detailing the attrocities that the Saudi government has carried out. And BJ lets us sell arms to them ffs. And to those who say the investment outfit who bought them have nothing to do with the Saudi government, open the curtains to see the flying elephants.

Is it worth worrying about Saudia Arabia ethics when the economic motivations are the things that bind us together. If new investment arrives in the north east and this raises environment standards with regeneration projects then some lives will be improved. So for some people it's a good thing.

Worrying where the source of that money originated, is like turning down a bank loan because that money grew from Mexican drug cartel deposits.

Being sniffy and pious makes no sense. Take the blood money and turn it into clean living is what I say.

However it's horses for courses, so regards Qatar hosting world cups, nah, naff idea. Take their dough (always) but don't hold prestigious events in primitive countries. That makes everyone look feeble minded.
It begs the question. Now that the Taliban are legit. And fighting ISIS. But still full of poppys.

How would we view them if they bought us and delivered the title. What's a few beheadings between friends.

Human nature I suppose.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:13 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:01 am

It begs the question. Now that the Taliban are legit. And fighting ISIS. But still full of poppys.

How would we view them if they bought us and delivered the title. What's a few beheadings between friends.

Human nature I suppose.
The Taliban or David Sullivan would be a difficult decision
Bring back Jonathon !