Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:35 am Having watched the game again I’m convinced that the apparent switching back of the Rice/Soucek roles was responsible for our overall superiority and thought both put on special performances.

Bad decision making up top definitely made it appear closer than it actually was.
As much as I love Antonio, a proper striker would know when to shoot or when to lay ball off.

Benrahma & Fornals also had off days, though thought Fornals improved 2nd half.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Re: Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:11 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:35 am Having watched the game again I’m convinced that the apparent switching back of the Rice/Soucek roles was responsible for our overall superiority and thought both put on special performances.

Bad decision making up top definitely made it appear closer than it actually was.
As much as I love Antonio, a proper striker would know when to shoot or when to lay ball off.

Benrahma & Fornals also had off days, though thought Fornals improved 2nd half.
You've got to love Antonio's enthusiasm and strength. Add to that he is apparently a good bloke to have in the dressing room and, on his day, is a massive asset. But he's not an intelligent footballer and, as has been said, has very questionable decision making skills. :lol:

But I guess if he added those skills he wouldn't be playing for West Ham----or Jamaica.. But I can't help wondering how a tiring opposition defence would respond if a fresh, raring to go, Antonio was unleashed on them with 30 or 40 minutes to go.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?