Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Everton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by BlackDiamond »

On the evidence of recent player performance

Fabianski Areola

Coufal
Zouma Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek Kral

Bowen
Benrahma
Fornals

Antonio

However this is David Moyes and he is loyal to his men (until he isn't). Should things quite not go to plan then I hope DM is not shy with his substitutions.
But we do have a thursday fixture against the Belgium powerhouse KFC Gent,squeezed between a home game with unfancied Tottenham on the horizons.

All these should be negotiable with a core 25 man squad, without recourse to drafting in the kids. Right. And in any case some people were born to play 3 games in a week (Jared Bowen). Of course some people shouldn't play any games in a week but that's another story...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

2-1 us.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:56 am On the evidence of recent player performance

Fabianski Areola

Coufal
Zouma Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek Kral

Bowen
Benrahma
Fornals

Antonio

However this is David Moyes and he is loyal to his men (until he isn't). Should things quite not go to plan then I hope DM is not shy with his substitutions.
But we do have a thursday fixture against the Belgium powerhouse KFC Gent,squeezed between a home game with unfancied Tottenham on the horizons.

All these should be negotiable with a core 25 man squad, without recourse to drafting in the kids. Right. And in any case some people were born to play 3 games in a week (Jared Bowen). Of course some people shouldn't play any games in a week but that's another story...
Not so sure about Dawson tbh.

He hasn't turned into Paolo Maldini overnight.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

He must be older tho?
Covid in the Boardroom

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The boys give their opinions on this weekends massive showdown

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:56 am On the evidence of recent player performance

Fabianski Areola

Coufal
Zouma Dawson
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek Kral

Bowen
Benrahma
Fornals

Antonio

As I said earlier in the thread , after the tears after the Poland game I just can’t see Moyes issueing the double whammy and dropping Fabianski.

Yes the time has now come for Areola but our much beloved manager isn’t renowned for his decisiveness or his ruthlessness.

I fully expect to see Fabianski between those sticks .

And I wouldn’t be writing Genk off either .

If it were Bruges or Anderlecht there wouldn’t be such confidence and Genk are no weaker than those clubs .

In fact with the exception of PSG I would see they of the standard of any club in France or Holland.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Tbh I don’t consider Fabianski to have done anything to justify him losing his place although I would agree that Areola is the long term answer.

But I guess we all need a scapegoat.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:45 pm Tbh I don’t consider Fabianski to have done anything to justify him losing his place although I would agree that Areola is the long term answer.

That’s not very nice is it ? :lol:

There’s no doubt that Fabianski spilled the both twice in the Brentford game , at least one of which Areola would probably have held onto if not both .

Anyway I was merely pointing out that Fabs could have had a Roberto-like game last time out and would still keep his place regardless.
Bring back Jonathon !

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:45 pm Tbh I don’t consider Fabianski to have done anything to justify him losing his place although I would agree that Areola is the long term answer.

Pushing the ball into the paths of opposing players?

Twice!

that not enough to get you dropped?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:34 pm

Pushing the ball into the paths of opposing players?

Twice!

that not enough to get you dropped?
The alternative description could be that he made two instinctive saves that he was unable to hold and his defenders failed to react quickly enough.

But it’s all about opinions.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?