West Ham vs Genk Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
JayK

Re: West Ham vs Genk Official Match Thread

Post by JayK »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:35 pm I think we were linked to that lanky cunt for them
Wasn’t impressed at all by him.

Johnson’s distribution has to improve some woeful passes tonight.
Moyes said in his pre match that we weren’t looking at him
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

JayK wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:47 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:35 pm I think we were linked to that lanky cunt for them
Wasn’t impressed at all by him.

Johnson’s distribution has to improve some woeful passes tonight.
Thank fuck for that.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:37 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:32 pm

Like Soucek,the lad runs his socks off...He will only get better. I'm pleased that he wears our colours.

Their work ethic is the very reason why West Ham are has consistent as we are.
Work which? Huh. We back to the late 80's and 90's where all we got was work rate.
I prefer a bit of class.

Just work ethics means bottom half finish and confirmation Moyes has not progressed the team one bit.

Mark.my words. This summers transfer deals go will go down as bad as any.
All the decent teams have a good work rate. Liverpool,City,Bayern. They have just got slightly better players than us.

Has Ironworks said,how you can put a negative vibe on this team is a really embarrassing. We have NEVER had a more consistent team in our history in top flight.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:48 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:47 pm

Thank fuck for that.
If it turns out we weren’t it’s another good reason to ignore the shit that comes off those fucking videos. ;)

The gospel according to click bait. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

9898 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:00 pm What we learnt tonight.

Vlasic is utter, utter shit. Gets the ball, realises he doent have the pace or a trick to beat his man, turns and passes the ball 10 yards backwards to Cresswell. Every time.

Johnson is utter shit. The worst passer in a West Ham shirt for a long time.

Soucek plays poorly again. No goal no place.

Areola is shit. Big miatakes in him and not a steadying influence. Hope he doesn't play again all season.

Yarmalenko had a half decent game.
Areola - Excellent GK and will be big asset as he is a very good GK and kept clean sheets.

Johnson - Another superb perfornance and kept Genk quiet in attack.

Dawson - good goal and did very well in defence.

Diop - Much improved player and will be a regular starter soon.

Cresswell - Clearly man of the match and the best corner taker and assist in PL.

Soucek - Did very well and at least not a heavy game.

Rice - another excellent display and clearly the best midfielder in the world.

Vlasic - Getting better and once he is more settled, he will be a superb player. Exciting to watch.

Lanzini - Did very well today and his passing was excellent plus good trickery skills.

Bowen - Another top drawer perfornance, young and hunger player and he will be England squad next month for sure.

Yarmolenko - Did very well and getting better than last season.

Noble - Did very well when he came on and kept our game running smoothly.

Fredericks - Did very well and kept Genk quiet.

Chester - what a performance eventhough he was only on for couple of minutes, managed to get the ball from Genk and clearly the next Declan Rice in the making.

What a superb lovely jubbly performance tonight and I am in dreamland of West Ham progressing on.

H & G Sir!
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:05 pm
Areola - Excellent GK and will be big asset as he is a very good GK and kept clean sheets.

Cresswell - Clearly man of the match and the best corner taker and assist in PL.

Vlasic - Getting better and once he is more settled, he will be a superb player. Exciting to watch.

Lanzini - Did very well today and his passing was excellent plus good trickery skills.

Bowen - Another top drawer perfornance, young and hunger player and he will be England squad next month for sure.

Chester - what a performance eventhough he was only on for couple of minutes, managed to get the ball from Genk and clearly the next Declan Rice in the making.

What a superb lovely jubbly performance tonight and I am in dreamland of West Ham progressing on.

H & G Sir!
Nice to read an honest opinion of the teams performance....and I totally agree with your observations....great team performance

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:52 pm

H & G Sir!
Nice to read an honest opinion of the teams performance....and I totally agree with your observations....great team performance
Exactly as 9898 never answer me back as his mind is blank as he is far too WEAK to attack my post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The 9898 see my phrases that I am always correct, but if I am wrong, please refer to my first phrase.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:37 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:32 pm

Like Soucek,the lad runs his socks off...He will only get better. I'm pleased that he wears our colours.

Their work ethic is the very reason why West Ham are has consistent as we are.
Work which? Huh. We back to the late 80's and 90's where all we got was work rate.
I prefer a bit of class.

Just work ethics means bottom half finish and confirmation Moyes has not progressed the team one bit.

Mark.my words. This summers transfer deals go will go down as bad as any.
You’ve posted mostly shite, but this post has got to be up there as your most idiotic ever.

Man City, Liverpool the 2 best teams guess what all their players work their socks off.

Stupid ridiculous post.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

9898 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:00 pm What we learnt tonight.

Vlasic is utter, utter shit. Gets the ball, realises he doent have the pace or a trick to beat his man, turns and passes the ball 10 yards backwards to Cresswell. Every time.

Johnson is utter shit. The worst passer in a West Ham shirt for a long time.

Soucek plays poorly again. No goal no place.

Areola is shit. Big miatakes in him and not a steadying influence. Hope he doesn't play again all season.

Yarmalenko had a half decent game.

H & G Sir!
Johnson's performance was very decent tonight once he settled down after a dodgy first few minutes but what impressed me most about him was his post match interview. There were none of the usual illiterate "you know's" and grunts that often are associated with young players after a game.

Diop ? Not much improved imo. Just that a lot of people have started to realise he is a very decent central defender in the Rio Ferdinand mode. Top player in my book. No longer playing in a poorly organised defence and looks a better player because of it.

Areola ? One piece of class, when he stopped an almost certain goal, but one piece of Sunday league standard keeping when he totally misjudged a cross and was lucky not to concede.

Have to disagree with you about Lanzini though. Wasn't impressed at all. And Vlasic ? As I've said on another thread I didn't know much about him before he turned up and I'm not really sure what his best position is. Looked fairly tidy tonight but not a lot of imagination.

Couldn't see why young Chesters wasn't brought on earlier. Why risk Fornals and Benrahma when the game was already in the bag ffs. For the life of me I couldn't see any logic in that. But on the plus side the two things Chesters did in the short time he was on the pitch were good things.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Moyes still making ridiculous substitutions I see .

What if Fornals or Benrahma had fucked a hamstring or something ?

He replaced the right players but the incomings and timing of them make me cringe ?

The 2 kids should have been on 15 mins earlier .
Bring back Jonathon !