West Ham vs Genk Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham vs Genk Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:43 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:42 am I’ve seen quite a bit of Jupiler league footy over the years and the overall standard is probably on a par with the French Ligue 1 if you discount PSG .

There wouldn’t be as much confidence flying around if we were about to play Marseilles or Monaco .

We should still win but we’ll need a stronger team than the one Ibby suggested imo .

By the way I watched Genk’s 3-0 defeat on Sunday night and they played their reserves pretty much .
This game is make or break for them .

And I think they’ll score .
I think I'm right in sating they were in the CL a season or two back. Not seen any Jupiler League games but Brugge look a decent outfit in the CL and have beaten Leipzig and drawn with PSG. Be interesting to see how they cope with Man City tonight.

As you say it's pretty much make or break for Genk on Thursday so I expect they will be a much more difficult nut to crack than Vienna who offered very little.
Citeh 4-0 at the moment, there 25mins still to play.😂😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Can’t see much of a problem here tbh

A stroll in the park 3-0 for me.

Oh and a few nasty injuries for the vermin on the same night.
Ta.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:13 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:43 am

I think I'm right in sating they were in the CL a season or two back. Not seen any Jupiler League games but Brugge look a decent outfit in the CL and have beaten Leipzig and drawn with PSG. Be interesting to see how they cope with Man City tonight.

As you say it's pretty much make or break for Genk on Thursday so I expect they will be a much more difficult nut to crack than Vienna who offered very little.
City would have hammered any side with that performance tonight. Brugge drew with PSG in their last home game which gives an idea just how good City were.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:50 pm
Towie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:13 pm

City would have hammered any side with that performance tonight. Brugge drew with PSG in their last home game which gives an idea just how good City were.
And Ajax beat Borussia Dortmund 4-0. Haller 2 assists, 1 goal

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:50 pm

Haller is the top scorer in the PL at the moment. Probably proves there is a very good player in there. Just a shame we couldn't get the best out of him. Fairly clear he thrives in a two striker partnership but can't play the lone striker role..

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:21 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:08 pm
Haller is the top scorer in the PL at the moment. Probably proves there is a very good player in there. Just a shame we couldn't get the best out of him. Fairly clear he thrives in a two striker partnership but can't play the lone striker role..
He is not suited to the fast pace and physicality of the Premier League. My impression of European football is it is much slower and you can barely touch a player.

Not his fault but just never going to work in the PL.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:51 am

He is not suited to the fast pace and physicality of the Premier League. My impression of European football is it is much slower and you can barely touch a player.

The HC youtube channel get topical and suggest David Moyes mistook a peregrine falcon for a common barn owl

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:33 pm

The HC youtube channel get topical and suggest David Moyes mistook a peregrine falcon for a common barn owl

Is this the same Hammers Chat channel that was calling Haller out as a failure while he was still on our books ? Can't be arsed to watch the vids so I will rely on your absolute integrity for an honest and frank response. ;)

And fuck knows why I've mentioned integrity and video blogs in the same sentence FFS. :lol:

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Fast pace and physicality of the premier league not so sure , in my book it was all about the managers and the squad we had , he just didn't fit the tactics , and lack of pace around him .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 am

Fast pace and physicality of the premier league not so sure , in my book it was all about the managers and the squad we had , he just didn't fit the tactics , and lack of pace around him .
This conversation has fuck all to do with tonight’s game but for what it’s worth , I think we are having to play differently this season …. the teams we always said we should be beating have caught on and we are getting given more possession and are having to break teams down .

Something we’ve had trouble doing for years .

The amount of chances and possible chances that have gone begging recently could be solved .

By signing Sebastian Haller :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !