West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
dorsetdano

Re: West Ham vs Tottenham Official Match Thread

Post by dorsetdano »

Looks like Dier by name and Dier by nature will play as he wasn't sent to Arnhem. He is absolutely useless, always on the back foot and never sees trouble and so slowwwwwww! He also ducks out of headers at important times. I think Mickey will make mincemeat of him.

How he has got 45 England caps is a complete mystery to me!

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

our record after thursday nights speaks for itself and we need to find a way to get a result against a fully rested spurs.
Personally whilst rice/ antonio/et al ,get the plaudits i think Bowen has been our player of the season so far. His work rate and fitness levels are beyond compare , he certainly lacks a few goals but he gets in the right positions and feel this will come.
Vlasic is a bit of a mystery to me, i just cant see what his role/position is, good to have options but not a game changer for me.

Hopeful coufal makes the cut, more incisive than Johnson.

Would happily settle for a draw with a very tough run of games coming up.

Obviously we need to protect antonio at all costs until we splash out big time in January...... :D a nervous sunday awaits.

palerider

Post by palerider »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:35 am our record after thursday nights speaks for itself and we need to find a way to get a result against a fully rested spurs.
Personally whilst rice/ antonio/et al ,get the plaudits i think Bowen has been our player of the season so far. His work rate and fitness levels are beyond compare , he certainly lacks a few goals but he gets in the right positions and feel this will come.
Vlasic is a bit of a mystery to me, i just cant see what his role/position is, good to have options but not a game changer for me.

Obviously we need to protect antonio at all costs until we splash out big time in January...... :D a nervous sunday awaits.
Sadly, the Messiah thinks he knows best and the Chuckle Brothers aren't shy in agreement with him saying save your money.

Only if another striker improves the squad is the mantra. There was good old Leroy Rosenior last night saying Bowen was that masked man. Others have said Vlasic, others Yarmalenko. None of them are strikers and we don't have the Fodens, the Silvas and the De Bruynes to eradicate the need for one.

Moyes' record has been nothing short of miraculous given the pile of shit Mr Dead left us in, but on this he's wrong. We're a hammy strain away from being fucked. It doesn't even need to be a 40m player, just somebody who can hold the line, put himself about, run and give 100%. Which will keep our shape. But for all of his merits, Moyes is one stubborn cunt.

'So you don't know your way to France Captain Rum ? Surely your crew will know'

'Crew Milord ?, what crew ?'

'I thought the general maritime practice was to have a crew'

'Opinion is divided. All the other captains say it is. I say it isn't'

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:19 am
Ibbyham wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:07 am

That what I feel as a draw won't be a bad result. I feel for Soucek today as I don't want him to be very weary.
I could be wrong but I'm guessing that Soucek is one of those players who simply wants to play every minute of every game. Thought he played well tonight without being outstanding.
He has said as much before. As Shankly used to say, players are never tired when they are winning.

h69

Post by h69 »

brookingslovechild wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:35 am our record after thursday nights speaks for itself and we need to find a way to get a result against a fully rested spurs.

Agree about Bowen. I would say he has been our player of the season and has almost played in every game.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The filth looking a tad anxious about their biggest game of the season :D
Our set pieces will give the cunts fucking nightmares

3-1

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Geo and Charlie preview the game. Plenty of confidence from these lads. 3-2 seems a popular prediction. Will Tottenham actually score twice against our mean defense ? Not likely really..

David Moyes will send the team out "Your different class to this mob - go out and take them apart"

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:49 am Geo and Charlie preview the game. Plenty of confidence from these lads. 3-2 seems a popular prediction. Will Tottenham actually score twice against our mean defense ? Not likely really..

David Moyes will send the team out "Your different class to this mob - go out and take them apart"

I really like this bit
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

There seems to be a lot of over confidence by our fans.I don't like that.Let's hope the players and Moyes don't feel that way,otherwise Spurs could destroy .I personally think our game at WHL last year(3-3) was the real turning point for us,in our believe..WE NEVER GIVE UP NOW AND BELIEVE WE CAN GET A RESULT WHEN WE FALL BEHIND IN ANY GAME.

On paper,Spurs have world class players(Son,Kane,Lioris) and some very good one's too( Tanguy Ndombele and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg),who are their engine room.We need to win that battle.I know many will shout me down,but overall, they have got better players than us.I believe if they had Moyes and our backroom staff,they would challenge for the title.They make the difference to West Ham.Spurs haven't got that togetherness of us or the work rate has a team.

We have lost our last 2 after our European exploits, I think we will nick this one with the fans right behind us,2-1.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I'm not too confident about this one tbh. The way Nuno sets up his teams seems to be the style we find most difficult to overcome. Plus the fact that Spurs first team has had the whole week off will give them a slight edge. Of their players the encouraging thing for me is that, apart from the obvious 2 up front, there aren't too many of them I'd swap for our lot, so whereas in past years their team has looked a lot stronger on paper I don't think the same can be said now. The problem is that if Son & Kane do find their touch they will need fewer chances to score than we will. If I was offered a draw right now I'd take it tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?