West Ham fans banned from Vienna

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: West Ham fans banned from Vienna

Post by h69 »

9898 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:01 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:58 pm

No it won't because the sanction is just on West Ham selling tickets to away fans. Try harder.
No debate from you as you have no answers.
Resorting to silly, nonsense comments that mean nothing.
:lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

9898 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:33 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:54 am

Luckily for me I can read and so I can work out that there is no ban on fans attending, just a ban on West Ham selling away tickets.

Since I bought mine from Rapid Vienna I am not affected.

Not a lawyer are you ? :lol:
Mental pigmys out in force today.
I never referenced where you purchased the tickets.
You are going over there as a West ham fan. End of.
Disgraceful actions that will further damage the club.
Sorry old son you’re wrong on this one and just being argumentative for the sake of it .
West Ham fans are not banned . UEFA sanctions are against the club not the fans .
It SHOULD be the fans but they know they have no evidence against individuals.

Vienna shouldn’t be selling tickets to West Ham fans in the same way we shouldn’t flog em to Man Utd & Liverpool fans but we do cos UEFA can’t stop it .

Despite Hammers United doing their best to ensure otherwise ….

I bet they havent got a problem with H & Whisky going to Vienna though .
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:19 pm

Sorry old son you’re wrong on this one and just being argumentative for the sake of it .
West Ham fans are not banned . UEFA sanctions are against the club not the fans .

Vienna shouldn’t be selling tickets to West Ham fans in the same way we shouldn’t flog em to Man Utd & Liverpool fans but we do cos UEFA can’t stop it .

I have never had an issue with anyone buying a ticket at our stadium. It is big enough and as long as the person going is respectful and is not wearing away colours (unless it is a small child) then I dont see an issue. If they get them on general sale, all well and good. If they get them on scalp sites then blame the Season ticket holding cunts selling to make a profit.

I won't be wearing colours, I am not planning to scream abuse at the Austrians I meet, rather that I will chat with them about their team and I will sit and enjoy the game and hopefully see us win the group. I hope the many going to the game are also going to be respectful.

Its a shame the club got sanctioned but I did see some idiot tweeting that he was planning on singing the song 'Adolf Hitler, he's one of your own' so I do wonder how long it will be before we get binned completely from Europe. What is it about Brits abroad ? Did we learn nothing after the plane incident ?

Anyway. I have not seen what HU are doing but I suppose they need to keep busy. I did read this though on KUMB from a ST holder which sums up some of the fans that were in Genk and are now outraged : https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44162

The below is for you numbers old boy :
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 15.57.03.png
Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 15.57.03.png (215.74 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
Last edited by h69 on Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Tbh mate I just don't get this obsession with segregation. As I've said many times I've never bought away tickets from West Ham, even when I used to attend every game. I've always sat amongst the home fans and there have also always been a small but significant number of Hammers fans doing the same thing, and I've never experienced any problems at all. Nor to the best of my knowledge have any of my fellow fans in the same stand. I would probably have got a slap, and deserved it, if I started getting in the faces of the people around me but that's something I just don't do. Don't wear replica shirts either because I don't like being ripped off. Up on my feet cheering a goal or near miss is my limit. And tbh anyone who can't handle a supporter of the other team doing that needs to have a serious word with themselves.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:03 pm

I have never had an issue with anyone buying a ticket at our stadium. It is big enough and as long as the person going is respectful and is not wearing away colours (unless it is a small child) then I dont see an issue. If they get them on general sale, all well and good. If they get them on scalp sites then blame the Season ticket holding cunts selling to make a profit.

I won't be wearing colours, I am not planning to scream abuse at the Austrians I meet, rather that I will chat with them about their team and I will sit and enjoy the game and hopefully see us win the group. I hope the many going to the game are also going to be respectful.

Its a shame the club got sanctioned but I did see some idiot tweeting that he was planning on singing the song 'Adolf Hitler, he's one of your own' so I do wonder how long it will be before we get binned completely from Europe. What is it about Brits abroad ? Did we learn nothing after the plane incident ?

Anyway. I have not seen what HU are doing but I suppose they need to keep busy. I did read this though on KUMB from a ST holder : https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44162

That story doesn't surprise me unfortunately. We do seem to have the capacity, as a race of people, to bring discredit onto our nation when, collectively, we assemble at football matches. I don't know if the same sort of behaviour manifests itself when , for example, rugby teams play abroad, or at events like the Olympic Games, but there always seems to be a section, sometimes a significant one of society's refuse which attaches itself to football.

And typically after the Zagreb game you may recall there was an appeal for funds to pay the legal costs of a group who had been detained after the match. The general school of thought from many people who posted on the thread was "it wasn't their fault guv'nor, it was those nasty foreign cops wot started it." I didn't see the incident so it may well have been a group of innocents caught up in an unfortunate incident not of their making, but somehow I doubt it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:47 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:03 pm

Anyway. I have not seen what HU are doing but I suppose they need to keep busy. I did read this though on KUMB from a ST holder : https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44162

That story doesn't surprise me unfortunately. We do seem to have the capacity, as a race of people, to bring discredit onto our nation when, collectively, we assemble at football matches. I don't know if the same sort of behaviour manifests itself when , for example, rugby teams play abroad, or at events like the Olympic Games, but there always seems to be a section, sometimes a significant one of society's refuse which attaches itself to football.

And typically after the Zagreb game you may recall there was an appeal for funds to pay the legal costs of a group who had been detained after the match. The general school of thought from many people who posted on the thread was "it wasn't their fault guv'nor, it was those nasty foreign cops wot started it." I didn't see the incident so it may well have been a group of innocents caught up in an unfortunate incident not of their making, but somehow I doubt it.
I didnt see it either but judging by the state of some of the fans out there I doubt it too.

As far as Rugby goes, I have been to watch the British Lions abroad and I have watched Saracens play in Europe and you get none of this nonsense. Never been to an Olympics away but I have never heard of anything kicking off out at these events nor at Tennis, Motor racing (apart from the drivers) or golf (apart from the players).

Football fans seem to set out to antagonise locals.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"As far as Rugby goes, I have been to watch the British Lions abroad and I have watched Saracens play in Europe and you get none of this nonsense. Never been to an Olympics away but I have never heard of anything kicking off out at these events nor at Tennis, Motor racing (apart from the drivers) or golf (apart from the players)."

and thats because of football supporters overwhelmingly working class roots....

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

For those that haven’t been over there and read it already, here is the Kumb article about the so called storming of the gates
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136432

According to collaborative reports on twatter the gates were opened by local stewards on Belgian plod’s instructions as a group of West Ham fans were ambushed and cornered outside and were trying to escape Attacking Genk fans by climbing over turnstiles/gates.

Of course they are going to claim that in their defence but there were also claims that any actual fighting etc was instigated by non-English speaking West Ham fans ( not the Belgian Hammers whose behaviour , as usual , was impeccable) .
It would appear our reputation from years ago may be making us quite an attraction for foreign thugs .

All supposition of course but it’s not cut and dried that’s for sure .
If my first paragraph re the gates is accurate then why were the English authorities held responsible for similar happenings during the Euros but the Belgians get away with this ???
Bring back Jonathon !

h69

Post by h69 »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:46 pm "As far as Rugby goes, I have been to watch the British Lions abroad and I have watched Saracens play in Europe and you get none of this nonsense. Never been to an Olympics away but I have never heard of anything kicking off out at these events nor at Tennis, Motor racing (apart from the drivers) or golf (apart from the players)."

There are plenty of working class people that dont feel the need to sling down 5 gallons of cheap lager, act like animals and antagonise locals every time they go abroad so it is hardly an excuse for those that do. We are decades past the days of working class people being mostly uneducated.

There were plenty of people with jobs of all kinds at the Saracens away games.

.....and that's assuming you believe in the class system still. What is working class anyway ? Most of us work so that makes us working class to be honest.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:52 pm
Rick_Deckard wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:46 pm "As far as Rugby goes, I have been to watch the British Lions abroad and I have watched Saracens play in Europe and you get none of this nonsense. Never been to an Olympics away but I have never heard of anything kicking off out at these events nor at Tennis, Motor racing (apart from the drivers) or golf (apart from the players)."

There are plenty of working class people that dont feel the need to sling down 5 gallons of cheap lager, act like animals and antagonise locals every time they go abroad so it is hardly an excuse for those that do. We are decades past the days of working class people being mostly uneducated.

There were plenty of people with jobs of all kinds at the Saracens away games.

.....and that's assuming you believe in the class system still. What is working class anyway ? Most of us work so that makes us working class to be honest.
There’s idiots wherever you go mate , just making the point that it’s never cut and dried but everyone is very quick to judge based purely on the reputation of English fans of old .

I’m sure those types still exist but it’s a lot more prevalent overseas nowadays than here .
Bring back Jonathon !