Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:50 pm Soucek is not the player of last season either sadly.
As someone pointed out to me recently here maybe it could be down to Rice getting forward more ( I personally put it down to Soucek being a limited in his ability , but I bow to those with more knowledge ) , Rice is better then last season so doubt he will be here next , he is definitely the standout player in this squad , no one else can touch him .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Good night nurse. Thanks Antonio.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

didn't realise Lanzini was even on the pitch . and then he goes and scores .

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

Came in late on as sub

palerider

Post by palerider »

2-1 looks like we pushed them but we never did.

Soucek was fucking pants and what a ridiculous foul for the first.

Antonio ran about a bit. But summed it up when he should have taken on the City defence, dithered, lost the ball and Cressie got injured when they broke.

Moyes out.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 pm 2-1 looks like we pushed them but we never did.

Soucek was fucking pants and what a ridiculous foul for the first.

Antonio ran about a bit.
Man City make it look so easy they look like they are playing in second gear , Rice for me after this performance will not be with us next season if one of the top sides want him , we just do not have the coaching staff 😲 or the quality around him to keep him interested .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dagger wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 pm Came in late on as sub
Wouldn't of said the 59th minute was coming on late , even for Moyes .

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

To be honest it wasn't that bad a performance from us today, against a good side like city you have to make good on any chances that are created.

We were put into some great position's and the main instigator being Fornals passing.

But unfortunately and it hasn't just been this game it all goes very wrong in or around the penalty area.

I felt confident before the match we would snatch a draw, even when we were a goal down I thought a point was still achievable.

Three points on Wednesday will make up for it onwards and upwards

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Tbh I never expected anything from today's game so I'm not too upset. We didn't cause them too many problems but who knows what might have happened if Benrahma had put away his chance early doors. Although it would probably have provoked a response from City and the end result would have been the same.

Don't expect anything from the Chelsea match either if I'm totally honest so 3 points against our bogey team on Wednesday is a must if we are to keep in touch with the European spots. Glaringly obvious to me that we need to play Fornals centrally. Benrahma is too bloody inconsistent for the role he's trying to fill and we lack creative ability in the middle of the park.

But on a positive note we still haven't been beaten by more than one goal this season which is a plus because I can think of many West Ham sides in the past which would have taken one look at that snow coming down in the first half , shrugged their shoulders and said "fuck this". We've got the nucleus of a half decent side there which with two or three quality additions could develop into a proper force. However this is West Ham so I'm not holding my breath too much.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:14 pm To be honest it wasn't that bad a performance from us today, against a good side like city you have to make good on any chances that are created.

We were put into some great position's and the main instigator being Fornals passing.

But unfortunately and it hasn't just been this game it all goes very wrong in or around the penalty area.

I felt confident before the match we would snatch a draw, even when we were a goal down I thought a point was still achievable.

Three points on Wednesday will make up for it onwards and upwards
Even allowing for City’s obvious superiority in every department I still thought it was a complete shitshow on our part .

Issa Diop’s fault without a doubt .

No surrender
Bring back Jonathon !