West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by tassiehammer »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:39 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:24 pm

If I'm at this club ibbs and can't get in a team with that lot then please accept my transfer request.
Irons 2 gayboys 1
No, I want to keep you as cover for DM's role as I am doing rotation every match days.
Ibb sorry to say but you're not a coaches arsehole. You need ....trumpet fanfare... Numbers!!
Get numbers in the box going forward, get numbers in the box defending and get numbers around the ball in midfield. Then get numbers in the dugout because he knows everything. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

On reflection. Bowen had a tap in normally would bury. Fornals off the bar on another day that hits the bar goes in. Lovely effort deserved a goal. A perfectly good goal ruled out. They clear one off the line at the end. Take our chances we win that game, even though they had a couple of decent chances too.
Good to see Soucek back in the goals, a lovely deft header that if Ronaldo had scored, pundits would be raving.
We gave the ball away far too often and didn't press them enough, but we didn't lose and Brighton will give most teams trouble.

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:38 am
Towie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:46 pm
Were you at game? If so you would have seen the big screen did not show offside. Prick.

But as you a Spud nosher I wouldn’t expect you to be there.
Fact.
🤣🤣🤣 Jumbotron says he wasn't offside so he wasn't offside.
Forget that VAR and Amazon showed he was offside. The jumbotron says he wasn't and that is God in these situations.
Why waste millions with Stocklet Park. Just look at the jumbotron.

Thanks mate. You've made my pretty dour morning more enjoyable
Man you are one thick prick.

I will put in simple terms for you so a 5 year old can understand.

I was at game, I have not seen the many tv replays.
I asked the question was it definitely offside as the screen in stadium showed him onside. There were no lines drawn to make it clear.

I have no where stated it was onside.

I was merely asking for clarity, not clown comments from an imbecile.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Towie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:18 am
9898 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:38 am

🤣🤣🤣 Jumbotron says he wasn't offside so he wasn't offside.
Forget that VAR and Amazon showed he was offside. The jumbotron says he wasn't and that is God in these situations.
Why waste millions with Stocklet Park. Just look at the jumbotron.

Thanks mate. You've made my pretty dour morning more enjoyable
Man you are one thick prick.

I will put in simple terms for you so a 5 year old can understand.

I was at game, I have not seen the many tv replays.
I asked the question was it definitely offside as the screen in stadium showed him onside. There were no lines drawn to make it clear.

I have no where stated it was onside.

I was merely asking for clarity, not clown comments from an imbecile.
It wasn't offside and it looked like it never touched him. If it did it touched the defender first. If anything it should have been a penalty when Llalana blatantly blocked Dawson who should have gone down

Post by 9898 »

Castiron wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:04 am Good to see Soucek back in the goals, a lovely deft header that if Ronaldo had scored, pundits would be raving.
Yes. Absolutely. Definite contender for goal of the season. I may even say its the nailed on winner
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:51 am
Castiron wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:04 am Good to see Soucek back in the goals, a lovely deft header that if Ronaldo had scored, pundits would be raving.
Yes. Absolutely. Definite contender for goal of the season. I may even say its the nailed on winner
Glad you agree

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Castiron wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:04 am On reflection. Bowen had a tap in normally would bury. Fornals off the bar on another day that hits the bar goes in. Lovely effort deserved a goal. A perfectly good goal ruled out. They clear one off the line at the end. Take our chances we win that game, even though they had a couple of decent chances too.
Good to see Soucek back in the goals, a lovely deft header that if Ronaldo had scored, pundits would be raving.
We gave the ball away far too often and didn't press them enough, but we didn't lose and Brighton will give most teams trouble.
Apparently Fornals has hit the woodwork SIX times this season.

We have played a lot of games and the tiredness is beginning to tell.We haven't got the squad of the others competing in all competition.

He needs to play a complete reserve side in that dead rubber next Thursday(Zagreb),even if we did take a hiding.Give the players 4 or 5 days off to chill.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I didn’t see the game so under those circumstances I wouldn’t normally bother to comment .

However on this occasion it wasn’t because I was at work or had something more important to do.

It was because I just couldn’t be bothered .

When I saw the starting eleven I just couldn’t put myself through it.
I decided I was going to watch the final 15 mins as that is when I might see Vlasic , or , Lanzini ( who deserves a chance) or even Kral (who must have been really poor in training).
Even then I didn’t bother and decided to read the match thread this morning instead .

We do have a very good best eleven when it all clicks , but if ever there was an opportunity to change things up a bit , freshen things up , give certain players a rest , encourage competition for places , it was last night .

And as BD most eloquently put it before the game , Moyes doesn’t do that .
Even his substitutions make me want to gouge my own eyes out with a fish fork.

So when I read a comment on another match thread this morning I kind of smiled because it summed it all up for me .
I hope the fella doesn’t mind me reproducing it here as it’s a lot better out than I ever could .

“ However, our squad is being exposed for what it is; thin and unbalanced. We have 3 right backs and 1 left back, so we had a right back playing back left back whilst the person we bought as a 2nd to play left back cannot defend. We lose our left sided C/H so instead of slipping in our expensive replacement left sided C/H he sits on the bench whilst another right sided C/H plays which moves our new right sided C/H to left C/H. Our make do 'converted' C/F goes through a rough patch but we have no-one else to replace him except for a young inexperienced 17 year old. Its actually amazing we are where we are”.

What’s the point of having a squad if it’s not going to be used ?
And one more thing . Do you think Potter had ANY idea what our team would be last night ?
Is Moyes going to keep Tuchel guessing about our tactics and personnel right up to the last possible moment on Saturday ?
Is he fuck .
You could name the team with 99.9999% certainty right now and so could I .

We do have a terrific first team .

But Moyes is a cunt.
Bring back Jonathon !

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

a top 4 cunt at that :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:14 pm I didn’t see the game so under those circumstances I wouldn’t normally bother to comment .

However on this occasion it wasn’t because I was at work or had something more important to do.

It was because I just couldn’t be bothered .

When I saw the starting eleven I just couldn’t put myself through it.
I decided I was going to watch the final 15 mins as that is when I might see Vlasic , or , Lanzini ( who deserves a chance) or even Kral (who must have been really poor in training).
Even then I didn’t bother and decided to read the match thread this morning instead .

We do have a very good best eleven when it all clicks , but if ever there was an opportunity to change things up a bit , freshen things up , give certain players a rest , encourage competition for places , it was last night .

And as BD most eloquently put it before the game , Moyes doesn’t do that .
Even his substitutions make me want to gouge my own eyes out with a fish fork.

So when I read a comment on another match thread this morning I kind of smiled because it summed it all up for me .
I hope the fella doesn’t mind me reproducing it here as it’s a lot better out than I ever could .

“ However, our squad is being exposed for what it is; thin and unbalanced. We have 3 right backs and 1 left back, so we had a right back playing back left back whilst the person we bought as a 2nd to play left back cannot defend. We lose our left sided C/H so instead of slipping in our expensive replacement left sided C/H he sits on the bench whilst another right sided C/H plays which moves our new right sided C/H to left C/H. Our make do 'converted' C/F goes through a rough patch but we have no-one else to replace him except for a young inexperienced 17 year old. Its actually amazing we are where we are”.

What’s the point of having a squad if it’s not going to be used ?
And one more thing . Do you think Potter had ANY idea what our team would be last night ?
Is Moyes going to keep Tuchel guessing about our tactics and personnel right up to the last possible moment on Saturday ?
Is he fuck .
You could name the team with 99.9999% certainty right now and so could I .

We do have a terrific first team .

But Moyes is a cunt.
I've said it before.

Football is evolving. The very best teams have high work-rate, a pressing game and very skilful players. The manager dinosaurs of the past are kicking their heels in League One, the Championship at best. There's very few of the old guard still performing at the top but Moyes is one.

The new kids on the block admitedly have squads that can accomodate changes if primadonnas under perform. Moyes doesn't have that much wiggle room but he has some. Yet hardly ever uses it. It will be interesting to see how many dead horses are flogged in the dead rubber against the Croats.

He's done far better than I thought, I'll give him that,and he does demand high work-rate but his stubbornness will be his undoing eventually. Not under Statler and Waldorf but certainly once the Dan the Man takes over.