West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:12 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:55 am

Fornals, like pretty much everyone else, was poor against Wolves but I thought he had a decent game yesterday. But imo we have to use him in his best position which is in the centre of the midfield where his ability to spot openings can be used to better effect.
I'm not suggesting casting players into oblivion but giving a couple a break and using some of the lesser featured potential.

Lanzini - deserves a start and has looked reliable and bright
Kral - performed well (europa admittedly) intercepts,breaks play up and recycles possession.
Vlasic - lets discover whether this guy is actually going to flourish. and we won't find out not using him

Diop - worth a recall ?

Areola - not just a europa keeper ?
Always a dodgy situation with keepers isn't it ? Don't get the chance to be used as substitutes unless through injury or a red card. Areola is too good to be a number 2 but on current form, and there is a case for him being our MOTM again yesterday as he was last week, Fabianski deserves to keep his place.

Tough on Areola but for keepers that's the way it is. I'd certainly play Diop against Brighton as, imo, he's better on the floor than Dawson, and I would like to see Kral get some minutes, although I'm not going to join in the Soucek bashing which seems to have become fashionable. And why not play Vlasic in the Antonio role ? He can't be any less effective than Antonio in the last few games.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:17 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:12 am
I'm not suggesting casting players into oblivion but giving a couple a break and using some of the lesser featured potential.

Lanzini - deserves a start and has looked reliable and bright
Kral - performed well (europa admittedly) intercepts,breaks play up and recycles possession.
Vlasic - lets discover whether this guy is actually going to flourish. and we won't find out not using him

Diop - worth a recall ?

Areola - not just a europa keeper ?
Soucek needs a break so Kral or (dare I say it), Noble would be better options. Not permanently but just for this match.

And no penetration.....again. Nothing. Antonio's looking like a Championship player. Too many matches, now for Jamaica as well. We so badly need a replacement in January but right now he's the only show in town. Thanks Moyes. Whoever thought that would happen ?
Not sure I agree that Antonio's performance against Dias and Laporte makes him a championship player nor do I understand why Soucek needs a break. He has not played that badly recently but is playing more withdrawn at the expense of Rice so won't score as many this season.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

According to the C & H on Cresswell update, he will have a late fitness test to see if he is ready for the Brighton game but Moyes is not taking any chance as he will rest him for the Plastics game on Saturday so Ben Johnson will draft in as LB and Coufal on RB which makes more sense. Glad Cresswell is OK though.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

I'm in the " must win" group. If we want to be in the top 6 we can't afford to lose 3 on the trot with the next game against Chelsea. If we're going to mix it with the big boys we have to be confident of beating anyone below us at home. Hope its pissing down here on game day. Just seen its a 6.30 am start. Thats oz time before anyone starts. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Would like to see lanzini start in place of benny and whilst worries about rice cards, think this has to be more winnable than Chelsea so would be trying to target the points here against our biggest frickin bogey team!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The boys get their teeth into the contest with the seagulls. To save everyone the 40 mins of hilarious jokes,promotions for One-Football,Manscape & Patreon - this is a quick spoiler:

Geo wants to drop Antonio for Bowen in the role

The Gonz changes Lanzini for Fornals and restores Bowen at the expense of Arthur

Both retain Soucek, bothe predict victories
Geo 2-1
Gonz 3-0
I of course would play Kral in the Soucek role - at least for 45 mins,suck it and see

Areola
Coufal,Zouma,Dawson,Cresswell
Rice,Kral
Bowen,Lanzini,Benrahma
Antonio

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:40 am
The boys get their teeth into the contest with the seagulls. To save everyone the 40 mins of hilarious jokes,promotions for One-Football,Manscape & Patreon - this is a quick spoiler:

The Gonz changes Lanzini for Fornals and restores Bowen at the expense of Arthur

Geo 2-1
Gonz 3-0
I of course would play Kral in the Soucek role - at least for 45 mins,suck it and see

Areola
Rice,Kral
Bowen,Lanzini,Benrahma
Antonio
Bloody silly idea leaving Fornals out in my humble. OK forget the last word, I don't do humble. ;)

Most creative player on the books but should be played in the centre of midfield. Come on Moysie you know it makes sense.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:26 pm

Geo 2-1
Gonz 3-0

Areola
Rice,Kral
Bowen,Lanzini,Benrahma
Antonio
Bloody silly idea leaving Fornals out in my humble. OK forget the last word, I don't do humble. ;)

Most creative player on the books but should be played in the centre of midfield. Come on Moysie you know it makes sense.
Indeed. Budging Fornals out the team is not something DM is inclined to consider. Two things standout under his management: fierce loyalty to his men and tactical blindness kindness.

I therefore expect a radical approach.
Fabianski
Rice,Soucek
Bowen,,Benrahma,Fornals
Antonio

h69

Post by h69 »

Geo 2-1
Gonz 3-0

Areola
Rice,Kral
Bowen,Lanzini,Benrahma
Antonio
No way should we drop Fornals. I'd give Benrahma and Antonio a rest

Fabianski
Coufal,Zouma,Dawson,Cresswell/Johnson
Rice,Kral
Bowen,Fornals,Lanzini
Vlasic

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:08 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:26 pm

Indeed. Budging Fornals out the team is not something DM is inclined to consider. Two things standout under his management: fierce loyalty to his men and tactical blindness kindness.

I therefore expect a radical approach.
Fabianski
Rice,Soucek
Bowen,,Benrahma,Fornals
Antonio
I got it BD 👍🏻 :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !