West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by Dagger »

give it 20 years and he will die :roll:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:14 pm I didn’t see the game so under those circumstances I wouldn’t normally bother to comment .

However on this occasion it wasn’t because I was at work or had something more important to do.

It was because I just couldn’t be bothered .

When I saw the starting eleven I just couldn’t put myself through it.
I decided I was going to watch the final 15 mins as that is when I might see Vlasic , or , Lanzini ( who deserves a chance) or even Kral (who must have been really poor in training).
Even then I didn’t bother and decided to read the match thread this morning instead .

We do have a very good best eleven when it all clicks , but if ever there was an opportunity to change things up a bit , freshen things up , give certain players a rest , encourage competition for places , it was last night .

And as BD most eloquently put it before the game , Moyes doesn’t do that .
Even his substitutions make me want to gouge my own eyes out with a fish fork.

So when I read a comment on another match thread this morning I kind of smiled because it summed it all up for me .
I hope the fella doesn’t mind me reproducing it here as it’s a lot better out than I ever could .

“ However, our squad is being exposed for what it is; thin and unbalanced. We have 3 right backs and 1 left back, so we had a right back playing back left back whilst the person we bought as a 2nd to play left back cannot defend. We lose our left sided C/H so instead of slipping in our expensive replacement left sided C/H he sits on the bench whilst another right sided C/H plays which moves our new right sided C/H to left C/H. Our make do 'converted' C/F goes through a rough patch but we have no-one else to replace him except for a young inexperienced 17 year old. Its actually amazing we are where we are”.

What’s the point of having a squad if it’s not going to be used ?
And one more thing . Do you think Potter had ANY idea what our team would be last night ?
Is Moyes going to keep Tuchel guessing about our tactics and personnel right up to the last possible moment on Saturday ?
Is he fuck .
You could name the team with 99.9999% certainty right now and so could I .

We do have a terrific first team .

But Moyes is a cunt.
Don't put yourself down.mate, you could, and probably would, have expressed your views much better and more eloquently than the other geezer.

But a terrific first team ? Have to disagree. Imo we have a good first team but a long way short of being a CL qualifier. How many of our first eleven, and as you say we pretty much know what that is, would get into the squads at the Big 3 and, for that matter, at Man United ? Imo we are over achieving with the squad we have and it is to the credit of the coaching staff that we are over achieving. I do agree Moyes and his staff, because I'm guessing they aren't a bunch of yes men and have input, don't seem to have a Plan B and are probably over loyal to players out of form. But I think the coaching team has credit in the bank for the work they have done to date.

Whether Moyes, and Nolan, Pearce and Impey have got the necessary vision to add to this bunch of players, weed out the least effective performers and replace them with real quality, remains to be seen. I guess it's a measure of their success to date that failure to qualify for Europe next season will be seen as , well, failure.

Still, chin up, Scott Parker is still around and no doubt ready to answer the call. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:14 pm I didn’t see the game so under those circumstances I wouldn’t normally bother to comment .

However on this occasion it wasn’t because I was at work or had something more important to do.

I decided I was going to watch the final 15 mins as that is when I might see Vlasic , or , Lanzini ( who deserves a chance) or even Kral (who must have been really poor in training).
Even then I didn’t bother and decided to read the match thread this morning instead .

We do have a very good best eleven when it all clicks , but if ever there was an opportunity to change things up a bit , freshen things up , give certain players a rest , encourage competition for places , it was last night .

So when I read a comment on another match thread this morning I kind of smiled because it summed it all up for me .
I hope the fella doesn’t mind me reproducing it here as it’s a lot better out than I ever could .

“ However, our squad is being exposed for what it is; thin and unbalanced. We have 3 right backs and 1 left back, so we had a right back playing back left back whilst the person we bought as a 2nd to play left back cannot defend. We lose our left sided C/H so instead of slipping in our expensive replacement left sided C/H he sits on the bench whilst another right sided C/H plays which moves our new right sided C/H to left C/H. Our make do 'converted' C/F goes through a rough patch but we have no-one else to replace him except for a young inexperienced 17 year old. Its actually amazing we are where we are”.

And one more thing . Do you think Potter had ANY idea what our team would be last night ?
Is Moyes going to keep Tuchel guessing about our tactics and personnel right up to the last possible moment on Saturday ?
Is he fuck .

But Moyes is a cunt.
Don't put yourself down.mate, you could, and probably would, have expressed your views much better and more eloquently than the other geezer.

But a terrific first team ? Have to disagree. Imo we have a good first team but a long way short of being a CL qualifier. How many of our first eleven, and as you say we pretty much know what that is, would get into the squads at the Big 3 and, for that matter, at Man United ? Imo we are over achieving with the squad we have and it is to the credit of the coaching staff that we are over achieving. I do agree Moyes and his staff, because I'm guessing they aren't a bunch of yes men and have input, don't seem to have a Plan B and are probably over loyal to players out of form. But I think the coaching team has credit in the bank for the work they have done to date.
Believe me , compared the dirge we’ve had to suffer over the last 35years mostly , this team is terrific..

But Chelsea know how to beat us on Saturday and I’ll be interested to see what master plan Moyes has to avoid that .
Arsenal after that is it ?

Our team is like a Toby Carvery menu .

If the Gammons off they’ll stick an extra Turkey in its place instead .

After all , it’s one of the top four carverys in the country so their customers won’t mind .

After all it’s still better than the Harvester .
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Is he fuck .

But Moyes is a cunt.
Remarkable 🙄

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:45 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:30 pm

Believe me , compared the dirge we’ve had to suffer over the last 35years mostly , this team is terrific..

But Chelsea know how to beat us on Saturday and I’ll be interested to see what master plan Moyes has to avoid that .
Arsenal after that is it ?

Our team is like a Toby Carvery menu .

If the Gammons off they’ll stick an extra Turkey in its place instead .

After all , it’s one of the top four carverys in the country so their customers won’t mind .

After all it’s still better than the Harvester .
Ahh, the goalposts have moved. ;) Terrific based on what’s been on offer for the past fuck knows how many years, yes. But terrific compared with the big 3 not even close.

Of course Chelsea know how to beat us. Why? Because they are a better team with better players and a better owner. And, yes, a better manager. Because that’s what success gets you. The top coaches want to work with top players. We have one, at a push two, players who Tuchel would look at for his Chelsea side. It will, imo, be a upset if they don’t pick up a win on Saturday.

That doesn’t mean we have a crap coaching staff. It means a better resourced club with better players to choose from, will, nine times out of ten, come out on top.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We are fourth in the league ffs
Behind three teams that are streets in front of us in all aspects and have beaten one of them so far
A little bit of luck we would have done them cunts last night , things sometimes don’t go for you.
We have a decent fucking team here ,with a few additions hopefully we can improve further.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:11 pm We are fourth in the league ffs
Behind three teams that are streets in front of us in all aspects and have beaten one of them so far
A little bit of luck we would have done them cunts last night , things sometimes don’t go for you.
We have a decent fucking team here ,with a few additions hopefully we can improve further.
We absolutely bullied Liverpool, and they hated it. Klopp showed exactly what they are about, if a team don't let them play their free flowing football, they try every dirty trick in the book, and if that don't work they blame all and sundry for their failings.
How many times have we been turned over by them, rolled over and had our tummy's tickled?.
Brighton are a decent side, they have got technically good players and they are a match for a lot of teams in the league.
Their equaliser was a great finish, but on another day could have gone anywhere.
We didn't play anywhere near what we can, but we didn't lose.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:36 pm
We absolutely bullied Liverpool, and they hated it. Klopp showed exactly what they are about, if a team don't let them play their free flowing football, they try every dirty trick in the book, and if that don't work they blame all and sundry for their failings.
How many times have we been turned over by them, rolled over and had our tummy's tickled?.
Brighton are a decent side, they have got technically good players and they are a match for a lot of teams in the league.
Their equaliser was a great finish, but on another day could have gone anywhere.
We didn't play anywhere near what we can, but we didn't lose.
All true and the performance against the victims was magnificent.

And to concede possession against them is understandable given the quality they have. It will be the same tomorrow. But 34% possession at home to Brighton, however tidy a team they may be ?

Not for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Moyes and how far he's taken us in such a short time but Wednesday had more than a touch of BFS about it. Score early then defend. And yes we should have been 2 up. But there are players continually selected who shouldn't be. And that's down to the manager. If Lanzini can't get a game now there's something not right.

The PL is the toughest league in the world. Rest on your laurels and you'll be kicked up the arse.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Sums it up pretty well imo.

Post by 9898 »

Makes me laugh when people say 4tj in December is great. Unheard of.
I keep hearing echos of the old phrase that used to go around football 'West Ham come down with the Christmas decorations'
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."