West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham vs Brighton Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:16 pm The unravelling of Moyes begins.
Fact.
Liverpool, Wolves, Citeh, Brighton games last season, you know the “not real season” we got 4 pts.

Same games this season the “real” season we have got 4pts!

FACT!!
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Towie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:35 pm
9898 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:16 pm The unravelling of Moyes begins.
Fact.
Liverpool, Wolves, Citeh, Brighton games last season, you know the “not real season” we got 4 pts.

Same games this season the “real” season we have got 4pts!

FACT!!
And Soucek scored another real goal

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:32 pm Just got back, I thought we deserved to win on the chances created. Their keeper had a cracking game and for all their possession can only remember Fabs making one outstanding same.

Brighton very easy on the eye but create nothing.

And can anyone tell me who was offside for the disallowed goal? As when they put it on screen NO ONE was offside!!!
The game can be watched again on Amazon Prime. I suggest you do this.....with your eyes open this time.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Forgot to add yet another snidey team that fall like swatted fucking flies at every opportunity.

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:41 pm
Towie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:32 pm Just got back, I thought we deserved to win on the chances created. Their keeper had a cracking game and for all their possession can only remember Fabs making one outstanding same.

And can anyone tell me who was offside for the disallowed goal? As when they put it on screen NO ONE was offside!!!
The game can be watched again on Amazon Prime. I suggest you do this.....with your eyes open this time.
Were you at game? If so you would have seen the big screen did not show offside. Prick.

But as you a Spud nosher I wouldn’t expect you to be there.
Fact.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Watched the highlights.

IF Antonio touched the ball he was offside but I really can't tell and I'm at a loss to see how the VAR bloke could. I thought it had to be a clear and obvious error. It wasn't.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

You're not wrong about Brighton not really hurting us, and I made a comment earlier that the initial decision to award the goal was such a blatant "clear and obvious" error it took almost 3 minutes to correct it FFS. They started looking to see if a foul had been committed but ended up deciding Antonio was marginally offside when the ball brushed against him on it's way in.

But did we deserve to win ? Not on the strength of that performance tbh. I felt we were far too passive, didn't look after the ball well enough and, overall, didn't create too many clear openings ourselves from open play. The warning signs were there when Lallana missed a gilt edged chance not too long before they did equalise. We came alive after the equaliser and we caused as many problems for them in that last few minutes than we had in the previous 85 or so.

But on a positive note we've got 24 points , so only 16 more to reach the magical 40 point safety barrier to avoid the drop. ;)
Last edited by Whiskyman on Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Towie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:46 pm

Were you at game? If so you would have seen the big screen did not show offside. Prick.

Fact.
It didn't even see the game
Nice to see Soucek get a goal.

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:46 pm

Fact.
🤣🤣🤣 Jumbotron says he wasn't offside so he wasn't offside.
Forget that VAR and Amazon showed he was offside. The jumbotron says he wasn't and that is God in these situations.
Why waste millions with Stocklet Park. Just look at the jumbotron.

Thanks mate. You've made my pretty dour morning more enjoyable
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Thats a bummer for sure. Have to be switched on no matter who we play. Big headed? Maybe, top side in our euro comp, Citeh only beat us 2-1, home to Brighton, easypeasy. Wrong.
Mickey must be fucked, private jet my arse, needs a spell. Probably Bowen as well.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............