West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

Castiron wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:42 am
Clayton wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:28 am

I didn't actually criticise the squad or their attitude in my response to Garnett's post , didn't even say they were shit , if you read my post prior to the match actually in response to another of Garnett's posts - ( Still think we have the players to cause them problems on our day , especially if Moyes can get the selection right ( can't deny we are lacking in a couple of areas but we have fighters in the squad who can do themselves and us proud today ) , lets just hope Chelsea are below par ) .
If people don't like Moyes, fair enough, that's their choice, but Garnett's post about us being dogshit and lucky is beyond a joke. Yes Chelsea made mistakes, and so did we and Moyes, but we got it right second half and Chelsea couldn't live with Antonio, Bowen and Soucek.
I actually thought Rice had a quiet game by his standards. He did what he had to do, stand in front of the back four.
We will have dips, we have in the last couple of games, so will every team.
We will probably struggle against the Cloggers next week, especially with injuries, but if we can't be happy with our current situation, then when can we.
Some are just not happy unless we've got the minutest things to moan about.
We've just played the top 3 teams, 6 points, and a loss to the team currently at the top.
So where was I talking Bollocks ? :roll:

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Clayton wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:46 am
Castiron wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:42 am
If people don't like Moyes, fair enough, that's their choice, but Garnett's post about us being dogshit and lucky is beyond a joke. Yes Chelsea made mistakes, and so did we and Moyes, but we got it right second half and Chelsea couldn't live with Antonio, Bowen and Soucek.
I actually thought Rice had a quiet game by his standards. He did what he had to do, stand in front of the back four.
We will have dips, we have in the last couple of games, so will every team.
We will probably struggle against the Cloggers next week, especially with injuries, but if we can't be happy with our current situation, then when can we.
Some are just not happy unless we've got the minutest things to moan about.
We've just played the top 3 teams, 6 points, and a loss to the team currently at the top.
I quoted the wrong post, sorry. I was referring to Garnets post. Sure he will have something to say about it, my ears are burning 😂

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

:D Moyes out
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Castiron wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:06 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:46 am

I quoted the wrong post, sorry. I was referring to Garnets post. Sure he will have something to say about it, my ears are burning 😂
👍. Though I would agree with Garnett to an extent - 1st half was difficult to watch at times , hated the formation to start with and Antonio will continue playing until he gets injured .
Last edited by Clayton on Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JJ on MOTD said he thought Masuaku did deliberately aim to score - whereas Arthur tweeting after the game "was it delierate or a cross. Hint: I was surprised as everyone"

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm JJ on MOTD said he thought Masuaku did deliberately aim to score - whereas Arthur tweeting after the game "was it delierate or a cross. Hint: I was surprised as everyone"
That doesn’t mean it wasn’t a deliberate attempt at goal .

He was merely amazed it went in .
Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:44 pm:D Moyes out
:lol:

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"but Garnett's post about us being dogshit and lucky is beyond a joke"

no such thing as "luck"

The science behind luck is defined as taking advantage of opportunities that arise...their keeper was shite and we took advantage of the fact...
Our players knew he was shite and tried their chances a few times, Antonio saw he was way off his line and had a try from the halfway line from the kickoff, unfortunately he was a bit off the mark, but if he thought the keeper was any good he wouldnt even have tried let alone been given the chance.

We took advantage of some garbage goal keeping and it paid off

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:01 pm "but Garnett's post about us being dogshit and lucky is beyond a joke"

no such thing as "luck"

The science behind luck is defined as taking advantage of opportunities that arise...their keeper was shite and we took advantage of the fact...
Our players knew he was shite and tried their chances a few times, Antonio saw he was way off his line and had a try from the halfway line from the kickoff, unfortunately he was a bit off the mark, but if he thought the keeper was any good he wouldnt even have tried let alone been given the chance.

:lol: :lol:

He has never scored for us outside the box.....not sure if he's even hit the target from outside.... normally hits row z

So his effort just gave possession back to the marauding Blues

palerider

Post by palerider »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:15 pm
Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:01 pm "but Garnett's post about us being dogshit and lucky is beyond a joke"

no such thing as "luck"

:lol: :lol:

He has never scored for us outside the box.....not sure if he's even hit the target from outside.... normally hits row z

So his effort just gave possession back to the marauding Blues
If it had been Ronaldo or the shoe bomber Sky and the BBC would have gone into full-on wanking frenzy and it would have been nominated for goal of the season.