West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:15 pm
Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:01 pm "but Garnett's post about us being dogshit and lucky is beyond a joke"

no such thing as "luck"

The science behind luck is defined as taking advantage of opportunities that arise...their keeper was shite and we took advantage of the fact...
Our players knew he was shite and tried their chances a few times, Antonio saw he was way off his line and had a try from the halfway line from the kickoff, unfortunately he was a bit off the mark, but if he thought the keeper was any good he wouldnt even have tried let alone been given the chance.

We took advantage of some garbage goal keeping and it paid off
:lol: :lol:

He has never scored for us outside the box.....not sure if he's even hit the target from outside.... normally hits row z

So his effort just gave possession back to the marauding Blues
If it had actually been on target he might deserve to be cut some slack. It wasn’t so he doesn’t.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:11 pm

He has never scored for us outside the box.....not sure if he's even hit the target from outside.... normally hits row z

If it had actually been on target he might deserve to be cut some slack. It wasn’t so he doesn’t.
It was practically the last kick off the half, worth a go imo.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I really can't believe how we can have the negatively on here.

Let's get real here.The Top 3 in the PL are in the Top 5 of the very best in Europe and in world Football.

We ain't exactly got the best owners,have we,but our manager,his coaching staff and players have produced a:bloody miracle in the last 18 months. We are up with them 3 teams for consistency,where in reality,we should be nowhere near them.
This season in all competition,we have beaten ALL of the Top 3 and the next 4 or 5 teams that follow .

Honestly you couldn't make it up,with the criticism on here and other social media outlets .

I like to think I'm quite level and try and make fair comment on our team.I try not to go over the top when we win or be too disappointed when we get a negative result,though I am passionate.Please just enjoy what we have been doing?Of course I don't think the team should escape criticism and we are all entitled to our opinions,but bloody hell,how can anybody knock us beating the European Champions?
I know I'm enjoying life has a West Ham fan and have nothing but praise for this team,the best in the last 35 years.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Somebody could ask the question - and there is no shortage of curious minds on this forum - given the lads demostrated accuracy of long range stabs in the dark,was that about as close as he was likely to get...

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:22 am I was right it was difficult to watch, hated the set up inviting them on, Antonio will continue playing until he gets injured, yet another dogshit performance and yet we went and nicked 3 points with a fluke, the football gods looked after the after us today.

Great to see Soucek connecting with the fans, I want to see more of that from our players.
Wasn't a difficult watch for me but I don't think we are entitled to win any games just by turning up and I've been used to dross for 40 years. If you can't celebrate that, then what is the point of supporting the team.

Was an exciting game where we beat the European Champions and League leaders in front of a decent atmosphere. Lovely. Only the second team to score more than 2 goals against them since Tuchel arrived 53 games ago.

I guess for those who love slagging off the team, manager and players from their sofas it must have been hard watching the fight and spirit of our team but my thoughts and prayers go out to them in their moment of grief.

For the rest of the fans, enjoy the ride. You never know what may happen each week.

But for Declans error and Johnson having his hammy go, it would have been 3-1 and while Arthur's goal was quite fortunate, you make your own luck.

Bowen was magnificent.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:13 pm

Somebody could ask the question - and there is no shortage of curious minds on this forum - given the lads demostrated accuracy of long range stabs in the dark,was that about as close as he was likely to get...

Just the point I was trying to make

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:58 pm I really can't believe how we can have the negatively on here.

Let's get real here.The Top 3 in the PL are in the Top 5 of the very best in Europe and in world Football.

We ain't exactly got the best owners,have we,but our manager,his coaching staff and players have produced a:bloody miracle in the last 18 months. We are up with them 3 teams for consistency,where in reality,we should be nowhere near them.
This season in all competition,we have beaten ALL of the Top 3 and the next 4 or 5 teams that follow .

Honestly you couldn't make it up,with the criticism on here and other social media outlets .

I like to think I'm quite level and try and make fair comment on our team.I try not to go over the top when we win or be too disappointed when we get a negative result,though I am passionate.Please just enjoy what we have been doing?Of course I don't think the team should escape criticism and we are all entitled to our opinions,but bloody hell,how can anybody knock us beating the European Champions?
I know I'm enjoying life has a West Ham fan and have nothing but praise for this team,the best in the last 35 years.
Although calling me a prick a while back on here though obviously not face to face
I agree with your sentiments team wise although I have stated a similar post regarding our progress

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
Castiron wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:06 pm
I quoted the wrong post, sorry. I was referring to Garnets post. Sure he will have something to say about it, my ears are burning 😂
👍. Though I would agree with Garnett to an extent - 1st half was difficult to watch at times , hated the formation to start with and Antonio will continue playing until he gets injured .
So will they all. :lol:

h69

Post by h69 »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:01 pm "but Garnett's post about us being dogshit and lucky is beyond a joke"

no such thing as "luck"

The science behind luck is defined as taking advantage of opportunities that arise...their keeper was shite and we took advantage of the fact...
Our players knew he was shite and tried their chances a few times, Antonio saw he was way off his line and had a try from the halfway line from the kickoff, unfortunately he was a bit off the mark, but if he thought the keeper was any good he wouldnt even have tried let alone been given the chance.

We took advantage of some garbage goal keeping and it paid off

But has for his country so was worth a punt as Mandy had lost confidence.

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:39 am
garnett wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:22 am I was right it was difficult to watch, hated the set up inviting them on, Antonio will continue playing until he gets injured, yet another dogshit performance and yet we went and nicked 3 points with a fluke, the football gods looked after the after us today.

Great to see Soucek connecting with the fans, I want to see more of that from our players.
Totally agree in some respects we were horrible to watch ( apart from Bowen/Rice ) , but we did take advantage first half of their dodgy keeping ( what else could we do , call it luck what ever a fluke) to equalise . But things did change second half with the forced substitutions and change of formation we did perform better with Fornals calling the shots in his best position , and Lanzini in behind .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing to do with Chelsea being the best team in the country at the time then :roll: