West Ham vs Dinamo Zagreb Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Dinamo Zagreb Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Glad our superb late win against the Plastics that cheered me up from the horrible Brighton game, this match against Dinamo Zagreb will hope to give some of our youngster a match for them to see if they can move up their level. Need to rest most of our defenders as we got 3 Premier League games again in 6 days from next Sunday plus Carabao Cup Quarter-Final and the 2 days Xmas in Southampton and Watford so it is very hectic.

Squad:

Areola

Fredericks
Alese
Ashby
Bapttiste
Masuaku

Noble
Kral
Benrahma/Lanzini

Yarmolenko
Perkins

Let get this match a good run-out for our youngster so that we can have idea if they are ready for the step up in Premier League soon.

COYI

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Re: West Ham vs Dinamo Zagreb Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

I actually like that lineup Ibby,.....the youngsters at the back are used to eachother and therefore will gel .

The only one you have not slotted into the starting 11 is Vlasic who desperately needs some minutes on the pitch

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:57 pm I actually like that lineup Ibby,.....the youngsters at the back are used to eachother and therefore will gel .

The only one you have not slotted into the starting 11 is Vlasic who desperately needs some minutes on the pitch
Whoops! Completely forgotton about vliasic so a revised squad:

Areola

Fredericks
Ashby
Alese
Baptiste
Masuaku

Noble
Kral
Vlastic

Yarmolenko
Perkins

That is the more realistic line-up

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:41 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:57 pm I actually like that lineup Ibby,.....the youngsters at the back are used to eachother and therefore will gel .

Areola

Fredericks
Ashby
Alese
Baptiste
Masuaku

Noble
Kral
Vlastic

Yarmolenko
Perkins

Tbh I'd like to see that line up given a run out. The result is totally irrelevant so why not ? But I would also be tempted to include Chesters who got a very brief run out in the home tie with Genk so presumably in Moyes' thoughts for getting him involved with a bit of first team action.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

No time to sit around celebrating a hard fought victory Ibbs?! Straight into the next one.

I’ve got no idea about who’s who with the kids, but a combination of kids and second XI seems like the logical option.

Still think we’ll win.. :P

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:35 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:41 pm

Areola

Fredericks
Ashby
Alese
Baptiste
Masuaku

Noble
Kral
Vlastic

Yarmolenko
Perkins

Tbh I'd like to see that line up given a run out. The result is totally irrelevant so why not ? But I would also be tempted to include Chesters who got a very brief run out in the home tie with Genk so presumably in Moyes' thoughts for getting him involved with a bit of first team action.
Would be nice if Chester included if Moysie put 4-2-3-1 instead of 5-3-2 formation as Chester could be in midfielder slot with Yarmolenko up front and Perkins could come in 2nd half to replace Yarmolenko. It is one way to another. Also could use Alex Oto-flex a run from sub bench.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:51 pm No time to sit around celebrating a hard fought victory Ibbs?! Straight into the next one.

I’ve got no idea about who’s who with the kids, but a combination of kids and second XI seems like the logical option.

Still think we’ll win.. :P
Hope so as after this Europa game, we got 7 games in space from 12th Dec to 1st January which is 20 days and that is very hectic. Need 3rd round FA Cup to be at home against non-league side to give kids another run out instead of away trip to teams such like Oxford or Burnley or even Man Utd again.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

No doubt Genk are less than happy about the prospect of West Ham playing a second string 11.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:45 am No doubt Genk are less than happy about the prospect of West Ham playing a second string 11.
I doubt they are. But that is not our problem. Many of our fans moaned when someone played a weakened team against one of our challengers for top 4 last season, can't remember which game but maybe someone will, but the club in question had every right to do it. As do we. And imo we should.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Areola

Fredericks
Alese
Baptiste
Ashby

Kral
Noble
Vlasic
Benrahma