Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:10 pm
Flairon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:09 pm Can I believe what I read!?!

I read an article yesterday that stated that Andy Carroll was seen at West Ham's training ground and more alarmingly; that West Ham were considering signing him on a pay as you play deal!!!!!!!!!
He could be there just to keep his fitness up. Just the media made more of the story than what it was.
To keep his FITNESS up !!!

You really should be more careful what you post Jay. There's people buried in graveyards fitter than that long streak of piss. ;)

But, as you say, why let the facts get in the way of some good clickbait material.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:46 pm

He could be there just to keep his fitness up. Just the media made more of the story than what it was.

You really should be more careful what you post Jay. There's people buried in graveyards fitter than that long streak of piss. ;)

But, as you say, why let the facts get in the way of some good clickbait material.
Well he was deemed fit enough to play the last couple of games for reading recently so. I dunno if played the full 90 or not but he was certainly involved
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:51 pm

I read an article yesterday that stated that Andy Carroll was seen at West Ham's training ground and more alarmingly; that West Ham were considering signing him on a pay as you play deal!!!!!!!!!
What use would he be?! Don't think he suits Moyes style of play. Might have been training there but so have a few in the past who haven't signed for the club.
I would have thought a fully fit AC would be too static for the DM system. However as one of seven substitutes he might have some utility. Especially if
the club fail to sign that striker they have been chasing. That elusive one...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:23 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:46 pm

Well he was deemed fit enough to play the last couple of games for reading recently so. I dunno if played the full 90 or not but he was certainly involved
I think you must have misread the presser Jay. I'm sure it said he was deemed FAT enough. Probably contributed hugely in his last game for Reading. Apparently that was the one where they lost 0-7 at home to Fulham.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:09 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:23 pm

I think you must have misread the presser Jay. I'm sure it said he was deemed FAT enough. Probably contributed hugely in his last game for Reading. Apparently that was the one where they lost 0-7 at home to Fulham.
I think that was his penultimate game where he scored 2 excellent offside goals. He scored in his final game though.

Still hoping he’s just trying to get fit, keep fit or whatever it is and not a potential signing
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:11 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:09 pm

I think that was his penultimate game where he scored 2 excellent offside goals. He scored in his final game though.

Still hoping he’s just trying to get fit, keep fit or whatever it is and not a potential signing
Jay, I do not pretend to be in any way ITK when it comes to West Ham. But I can assure you, with absolute certainty, you need have absolutely no fears about the lump returning, either as a signing, on loan, or wrapped up in tin foil ready for the bloody oven.

Now pour yourself a large one and chill. ;)

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:16 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:11 pm

Jay, I do not pretend to be in any way ITK when it comes to West Ham. But I can assure you, with absolute certainty, you need have absolutely no fears about the lump returning, either as a signing, on loan, or wrapped up in tin foil ready for the bloody oven.

Now pour yourself a large one and chill. ;)
I haven’t once thought he would return, Whisk. That’s why I said he’s prob just with us for his fitness levels
COYI!!!

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Let's hope so. Sadly, it sounds all too familiar and something we would do.... :cry:
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:51 pm

What use would he be?! Don't think he suits Moyes style of play. Might have been training there but so have a few in the past who haven't signed for the club.
I was not suggesting that it would be a decision Moyes would make. Having said that, hypothetically, a fit; prime time Carroll would be right up Moyes's street. A big, bustling Center Forward, who can hold the ball up.....
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

11 days to go and twice as many rumours as on day 1. I cannot help but feel this may prove to be another window of empty promises/false hope.

I do sincerely wish that I am proved wrong, but please, if so; why does it have to be at the 11th hour!?!
Flairon